Valkyria Revolution

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Valkyria Chronicles and Azure Revolution coming to PS4

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:02 am

Kintor wrote:it's amazing the Vita has managed to get such prolonged support as it is.

I am not surprised. The hardware and arcitecture are fucking solid and developers know it. Just a shame it never really caught on with consumers like the PSP did. The Vita is still an amazing hand held and there are plenty of great games on it. I just think it should have done more than follow in the PSPs footsteps of being mainly a JRPG machine, but removing first party support from sony didnt help either. I think it may be a while before the Vita actually finally dies off, especially since its likely Sonys last hand held and the hardware it does have is beefy enough to be making indie and other lower budget hand held games on it for a long time. Plus there is remote play with PS3 and PS4.

Hyo Razuki wrote:Well, Sega are gonna go PS3/PS4 here in Europe with Persona 5 in February. Btw, I have my pre-order placed and can't wait for it to come out. :D Well, I guess you're right. Let's not give up hope.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. So they have a couple releases like this already, and they have/are going to release some cross gen/platform games in the west. Its not a bad sign, but still no PS4/PSVita so that may change the dynamic just a bit. At any rate here is hoping we get this over here because I will definitely buy it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: Valkyria: Azure Revolution

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 am

phpBB [video]

More battle system and game play footage in this new trailer. Jesus christ this thing looks like an amazing game. The more I see, the more I'm sold. C'mon Sega... you can do it!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:35 am

Or can they? Looks really generic to me I gotta say.. I'm predicting mediocrity. The ridiculous boobs on that evil woman in red won't save it either. :P
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Well i hope we at least get the opportunity to find out, damn sega and their unpredictability...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:59 am

After investigating what could be the overall gameplay since the last updates, this game looks more and more interesting. The permanent death concept is intriguing.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby OL » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:25 pm

It's nice that the combat looks kind of like a more active version of the strategic battles from the original, but I think I'm with Monkei. The gameplay looks fine and all, but otherwise I'm mostly just seeing generic JRPG stuff. Which, don't get me wrong, isn't always anything terrible. Lately I just feel kind of... past that stuff. Seen too much, and rarely is anything new done with it. There are exceptions of course, but this doesn't look like it'll be one of them for me.
Looks well-designed enough, it just doesn't look terribly interesting to me.
One place I do disagree with Monkei though: boobs can save anything.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kintor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Sega has just announced that Valkyria Revolution (that's its new title outside of Japan) is getting a Western release:

Another announcement has been made for a game localization, this time for the game Valkyria Revolution (Known as Valkyria Azure Revolution in Japan). This game is considered a gaiden/spin-off title that takes place in an alternate time and universe from past Valkyria titles, and instead of being a tactical RPG like predecessors it is more of an action RPG with some strategy elements. However some elements are still retained from past titles. Valkyria Revolution focuses on the characters Amleth, a member of The Circle of Five (aka The Grand Criminals), and Ophelia, the princess of Jutland. Because of the expanding Rus Empire and The Circle of Five, the Jutland kingdom gets roped into a war that strives for independence and freedom from colonial rule.

Valkyria Revolution is slated for a Playstation 4, Xbox One and PS Vita release in spring of 2017 in both North America and Europe. The PS4 and XB1 versions will be physical and digital, while the PS Vita version will be digital-only. Deep Silver will be handling publishing in Europe.

After the break, read a full press release and check out some screens as well as cover art!

Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2016/12/14/valkyria-revolution-getting-north-america-and-europe-release-in-spring-2017/

This is great news; we'll get to play Valkyria Revolution within mere months of its original release in Japan!

Plus, I think that this is the first time Sega has ever talked about an Xbox One version. Which will help the game reach a wider audience in the West.

Kintor has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 am

Holy smokes I didn't know they were doing an xbone port! This is great news for me, as I won't be getting a ps4 until maybe the end of next year (or a few days/months before shenmue 3 release). I'm more willing to buy this game now, although I'm somewhat still concerned/skeptical of the direction. I suppose I'll wait for reviews and what you guys have to say! :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Re: Valkyria Revolution

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:33 pm

It's official. And it's coming out on Xbox One too. I wonder if they'll do a PC conversion. Considering how successful the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles was, it may be a smart move.

http://valkyria.sega.com/
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Valkyria Revolution

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:13 pm

My hunch was correct! Good job Sega!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming