Batman (Telltale Games)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Batman (Telltale Games)

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Can't wait!

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: DL30, Monkei
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Batman (Telltale Games)

Postby Peter » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Just seen it announced at the Game Awards. There wasn't much to go on from the trailer, but I can't judge anyways since I haven't played a single chapter of a Telltale game. To be honest, as a huge Game of Thrones fan, I haven't even felt enticed to buy their series.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby OL » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:39 pm

I like the bat symbol they're using. Feels kind of old-school, like this'll be aiming for a slightly more old-fashioned take on Batman (unlike the ultra-modern ones we keep getting more recently). But eh, just a guess. I hate trailers like that to begin with, showing nothing of the game itself. So pointless.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 pm

If it's a Telltale game there's a 99% chance it will play like their other games. They also don't ever show anything of the actual game until they're about a week from release so we will need to wait awhile.

The thing that interests me is how they will handle letting you make the choices that Batman makes. Normally the choices in Telltale games aren't black and white but more grey so it will be interesting what they can cook up to keep it interesting.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:18 am

Oh man. The only telltale game I've played is Wolf Among us which was great. Also started playing Life Is Strange recently. These types of games are great.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:28 am

This trailer is interesting.. maybe im looking into it too much but from the art style and take of it but, I think this game might go for all completely Black and White visuals.
If so that would be really cool imo. I like B/W photography and the depth it brings.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:15 am

Man, I've been thinking about how great a Batman Telltale series could be for a while now. It could focus a lot on detective work and being Bruce Wayne stuff, in contrast to the action oriented Rocksteady games. This is AWESOME news.

Edit: It's been about 2 hours since I read about this, and I've already jacked off about 4 or 5 times to it now. Kinda impressed by my own performance there.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Great news. Love Batman and really enjoy TellTale's work. Look forward to seeing how they weave together a detective/adventure game out of the Batman universe. Here's hoping they use some of less known/used rogue's gallery like Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Calendar Man, Deadshot etc instead of just the usual.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Kenny
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby DL30 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm really looking forward to this!

Hopefully they don't make it a season pass for the retail disc version again.(Like GOT)
^(Even if it was only 1 episode that you had to download)
DL30
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Monkei » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:39 am

Riku Rose wrote: Image

:lol:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:24 am

Telltale Game's upcoming Batman series will debut this summer, the studio announced at a SXSW panel today.

The developer noted that the series will focus primarily on Batman/Bruce Wayne and not the extended "Bat-family" like Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. Supporting characters like Alfred Pennyworth, Vicki Vale, James Gordon, and Renee Montoya, however, were confirmed.

Unfortunately Telltale didn't have much to show, as the series is still being written. The studio confirmed that a script for episode one has been penned, with writer Pierre Shorette taking the lead on Batman's first season with Nick Herman operating as creative director. It's worth noting that Shorette and Herman previously collaborated as leads on Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us, so Telltale is seemingly bringing their A-game to this one.

"There are plenty of games out there that have explored what it is to feel like Batman, I think a Telltale series is going to give you an insight in what it's like to be Bruce day-to-day and see how that effects life as Batman," Shorette said of the upcoming series.

In terms of the Batman-to-Bruce ratio, Shorette likened it to the Christopher Nolan Batman films where Bruce is in it just as much as Batman. Players will sometimes get to choose whether they want to tackle a situation as Bruce or Batman, though you won't be able to play the entire game just as Bruce.

Continuity-wise, this will be set in its own Batman universe, so it won't have to neatly fit in with the various comic book and film iterations of the character.

Telltale noted that this is going to be an "M-rated" (the US-equivalent of PEGI 18) look at Batman, while its art will be inspired by the drawings of Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, and Neal Adams. Sadly, no images have been revealed.

The studio also promised more advanced tech in this upcoming series, suggesting it will be more visually appealing than what Telltale's engine has previously been able to pump out.

"It's very much upgraded from what you've seen from Telltale in the past," said CEO Kevin Bruner. "Both technologically and creatively, I think there's a lot of really cool things that are going into Batman. We're premiering a lot of new Telltale stuff."
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:26 am

The episodic series will premiere digitally on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices, and we'll be showing it privately to guests at E3 this coming week. The series will also be available on game consoles as a special 'Season Pass Disc' which will be available at retailers across North America, Latin America, and Europe later this summer, granting access to the five episode season as it becomes available for download.

Our CEO and Co-Founder Kevin Bruner had this to say about the upcoming series: "We've been hard at work at Telltale creating an all-new iteration of the iconic Batman story that puts players in the suit of billionaire Bruce Wayne, just as much as it will put them behind the mask, deciding how to carefully navigate a complex drama, rich with action, crime, corruption, and villainy lurking around every corner of Gotham City. The complex life and fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne has lent itself to becoming a bold evolution of the signature 'Telltale' role-playing experience, and we couldn't be more excited as we prepare to debut the series to players across the world this summer."

Rendered to look like a living, breathing comic book, Telltale's vision of Batman will feature an award-winning cast of talent, including Troy Baker in the role of Bruce Wayne, Travis Willingham as Harvey Dent, Erin Yvette as Vicki Vale, Enn Reitel as Alfred Pennyworth, Murphy Guyer as Lieutenant James Gordon, Richard McGonagle as Carmine Falcone, and Laura Bailey as Selina Kyle. We'll be able to reveal additional cast and characters as the season progresses.

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Shame. I was lookin forward to a more noir-esque take with the original ears rather than an Arkham/TWAU aesthetic.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Monkei » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Yeah, I was hoping for a somewhat more unique look, or all black and white, or Kelly Jones inspired messed up look or something.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to General Gaming