Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Football Thread

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:47 am

Well, it's the problem with player-power, innit?

I wonder if Del Bosque hadn't been cast aside, there was a man perfect for Madrid, where most of his skills come from being a good man-manager, without many tactical considerations. Mourinho tried to surround himself with players who would support him (like he's done at arguably all his clubs), but only alienated the others further.

I just can't see who would be a good replacement. Particularly as it's so hard to work there. Most top managers are quite happy where they are right now, to my knowledge.

PSG's another problem. The league is more even, but if the madrid players don't turn up for Celta, Betis or Getafe, surely they won't for Nice, Rennes or Lorient... Plus the tax on wages is really high as well, haha.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Deta » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 am

Wasnt there rumours about PSG getting Mourinho aswell?

And bundesliga is best league right now Imo.
Deta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote: Well, it's the problem with player-power, innit?

Quite the other way around imo.Supposedly Mourinho benched Casillas to put his foot down and let the locker room know that he is in charge.Got a buddy in Madrid that tells me a lot about the club,"3 moles" started the split,one of them being Casillas but the other 2 remain nameless.He claims that Mourinho is trying to get fired if you can believe that.If he gets fired he gets 20 million euros,if he finishes his contract he only gets 5 million.Fishy no?

I just can't see who would be a good replacement. Particularly as it's so hard to work there. Most top managers are quite happy where they are right now, to my knowledge.

The only manager I can think of has a replacement would be Di Matteo,doubt he would be a popular choice with the fans but who knows.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:31 am

Christmas day, 1915

Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Absentia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Sickness struck me in this boxing day, so I just stayed in my room and followed the matches of 3p.m., now that's time well spent

I haven't been following too closely the premier league, but I'm amazed that newcastle playing how they played against utd are just in 14th position, they really went for it, toe-to-toe.. Great final minutes from utd though

I've also seen in the corner of my eye both city and chelsea matches but can't really have an opinion about them, 'cause I've seen very little from it. I guess city might be out of the race...

I'll probably sit through the spurs now

EDIT: good game by the spurs. It's a shame for aston villa, but they didn't even try to win in the first half.
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah they would have been happy to sit back and try for the point if their player hadn't got injured forcing a change.

Going to be a hard game away to Sunderland on Saturday who will be on a high after beating City.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 am

Funny how momentum changes so fast. Before the 8-0 there were a series of articles praising Lambert and his attitude towards giving his young squad a chance, praising Clark, Bennett, Baker and Lowton, at the same time Sunderland were taken as "high time O'Neill made them pull through", one of the highest spenders in the Premier League in the last few years, and how they were sulking around down the table...
And in a couple of weeks... boosh.
Honestly, it's all true what they say, but the need to provide articles and headlines is just too much. It's getting near impossible to take journalism seriously anymore. Even the other day was "Michael Laudrup might just be Sir Alex's successor" (after the 1-1)... GOD.
How can that be a way to justify your wages? Dear me.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 am

Chicharito is the definition of a super sub,lost count on how many times he's won games for united after being subbed in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPc22FCsmw[/youtube]

Thinking twice about it,I don't know how they're going to get by Real Madrid,their midfield is so weak compared to theirs.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote: Funny how momentum changes so fast. Before the 8-0 there were a series of articles praising Lambert and his attitude towards giving his young squad a chance, praising Clark, Bennett, Baker and Lowton, at the same time Sunderland were taken as "high time O'Neill made them pull through", one of the highest spenders in the Premier League in the last few years, and how they were sulking around down the table...
And in a couple of weeks... boosh.
Honestly, it's all true what they say, but the need to provide articles and headlines is just too much. It's getting near impossible to take journalism seriously anymore. Even the other day was "Michael Laudrup might just be Sir Alex's successor" (after the 1-1)... GOD.
How can that be a way to justify your wages? Dear me.

Just the way it is and one of the reasons i cant stand the press. They change what they say every other week and act like its gospel.
Take MOTDs pundits for instance. Their option on each team changes weekly and they act like they never said it the week after.
Start of every season, Arsenal could win the league. 8 games in and its they are poor and wont win anything.
Win a few games and its back to winning the league then a few months later when they cant win anything again and its how much of a mess the club is in.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:26 am

^Yeah. I just think it's amazing how they can keep a job based on spouting drivel. I mean Garth Brooks, ffs...
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am

3rd place :D Even if it is probably just for a day.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Don't get me started on the press and their split personalities. Not to mention the amount of times they get anything other than irrelevant, trivial facts wrong.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Absentia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:32 am

I am now watching Everton-Chelsea and both teams are playing rather well, but Chelsea is taking charge at least in the final portion of the first half.

I was intrigued when David Luiz first played as defensive midfielder and in this game he is better than one would expect. He's a better defender than most defensive midfielders, he's great at marking players and he's a lot better than I thought at distributing gameplay, but he tends to commit useless fouls in basically inofensive plays that ruin whatever good things he accomplishes. Also, almost every dangerous attack from the Everton side begins in some sort of error from David Luiz's part.
And it's too bad Lampard isn't as mobile as he used to be. I don't really notice him and he doesn't seem to be useful both as a defensive or attacking midfielder. (Though it was a decent header from the lad)
And it's both Lampard and David Luiz's fault (mostly the second) for the Everton goal for not keeping up with Piennar.

As for Mata, he's just an outstanding player. He plays his part in every play and a crucial one at that. It's amazing how important just one player can be, especially when he's surrounded by brilliant players that just don't stand out like he does (Hazard, Ramires, Torres)
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Yeah that was a good match. Always liked Everton so would have liked to see them get at least a point but then they would be level on points with us.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm

It's a pity the manchester clubs are so far away from the rest in the league table, because otherwise, it's cracking... I'm loving how competitive some sides are being this year.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic