New Ghost in the Shell anime

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: New Ghost in the Shell anime

Postby silent killer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: the tachikoma episode o.o

Which one? Well, it doesn't matter. They were all good ones.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:47 pm

I have to say I have grown to absolutely hate the intro animation/opening song to Stand Alone Complex, annoying song and bad CGI, very unlike Production I.G. I love everything else about this anime though.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:50 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have to say I have grown to absolutely hate the intro animation/opening song to Stand Alone Complex, annoying song and bad CGI, very unlike Production I.G. I love everything else about this anime though.

I love the intro

Bluecast has received a thanks from: OL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Its mainly the song, it just irks me, I hope its different in 2nd gig. As for the CGI, I cant remember if it looked bad at the time when I first tried to watch it, but time has not been its friend, its aged horribly.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:32 pm

I absolutely love that song. The intro to 2nd Gig is kind of a different style (much different tone to it), so I imagine you'll like it better, but it's still the same singer.
Still... I think you're the only one I've ever heard from that hates it.

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby silent killer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 pm

I love the song, but I'm not too jazzed about the cg in the OP.
silent killer
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: arcane devices
Currently playing: Cross Code

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm

I loved the CG back then. It's aged a little but still serves its purpose just fine to me. I mean people still go on how much they love Final Fantasy VII and visually not aged well and esp the CG but people don't complain. The song is beautiful and haunting to me.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

silent killer wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: the tachikoma episode o.o

Which one? Well, it doesn't matter. They were all good ones.

The one where the Tachikomas have to be taken to be reprogramed and they all band together to try to figure out what section 9 is going to do to them and they try to spy on kusanagi and batou and get caught lol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Is that the one where their creator
tries to defect from the country?

Was just thinking of that one today.

Watched the first couple of episodes again (for about the hundredth time) yesterday after not having seen it in a while. Still one of my favorite shows. Top two or three. I've seen every bit of it over and over, understand the stories backward and forward, yet it's still entertaining, interesting, and fun to watch for me. That's something special.
Really too bad they started making Arise. I may give it a chance at some point (despite being put off of it for a variety of reasons), but the mere fact that it exists means we won't likely be getting anymore Stand Alone Complex for a long time, if ever again. Goddamn bummer, because I've been hoping for more since Solid State Society.
SAC is easily my favorite version of GitS. It's almost comparable to Batman: TAS in a way, in that it might not be a word-for-word adaptation of the original source, but it can almost be seen as a sort of "perfect" version of the material. It culls together all the right elements of previous versions, implements its own creative twists, and comes out almost like the "ideal" execution of it all.
I'm ranting now, but I really just can't say enough how much I love it.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I think that episode was the one before the one I am talking about. Or its a tachikoma episode I havent watched yet, I only have 6 more episodes to watch and im finished with the first season.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:50 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I think that episode was the one before the one I am talking about. Or its a tachikoma episode I havent watched yet, I only have 6 more episodes to watch and im finished with the first season.

Watch Solid State before 2nd Gig
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:48 pm

What? Why?
Nothing in Solid State Society will make sense if he hasn't seen 2nd Gig. It takes place afterward.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Does anyone know what consists of Ghost in the Shell 2.0? Not to be confused with ghost in the shell 2 innocence (which I can say I saw in theaters the weekend it debuted world wide) :king:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Does anyone know what consists of Ghost in the Shell 2.0? Not to be confused with ghost in the shell 2 innocence (which I can say I saw in theaters the weekend it debuted world wide) :king:

GITS 2 is horrible. Anyway 2.0 is a digital remaster of the first and remixed music on Blu-Ray
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:24 am

Hmm, 2nd gig is pretty cheap on amazon for the DVDs, and also for the GiTS 2.0 blu-ray is less than $13 shipped, its tempting but I probably shouldnt. But check how much for the blu-ray for 2nd gig $180 for Box 1 O_O and theres a Box 2 for the same price. my god is it just rare or have they completely lost their minds?

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-S-A-C ... gig+bluray

well they had the Individual Eleven Bluray but I can basically stream all this for free anyway, but I would like to see the original film in HD, its still one of my favorite animes to this day. I now kind of feel bad I didnt go back and watch SAC until now, I feel behind, but im catching up.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic