Hobbies

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Hobbies

Postby Sir JC Denton » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:03 pm

Besides video gaming, anybody got any hobbies? I occasionally send new members of the dojo disturbing PMs to make them feel welcome.

But In all seriousness, I collect shot glasses, go hiking, and shooting. Whole lot of fun right there. If I had enough money, I'd probably be quite the traveler to.
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I play and compose songs for guitar, write short stories, do various computer-related stuff (gaming, shenmue 1.5 ;-) ), see mates, and occasionally go camping. Oh, and video games too. I still play Shenmue on the odd occasion!

Nah I'm kidding, I actually have no life whatsoever. I spend all my time on here aruging with people, till my balls one day drop. I guess wanking counts as a hobby?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby white lotus » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 pm

Making music
designing graphics
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby pico » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Mess around on the computer, movies, videogames.. I like any kind of electronics/technology in general... smoking trees and making money. i love to travel but rarely get the chance to.. i guess that about covers it.
Last edited by pico on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pico
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby white lotus » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:28 pm

Holy shit...Picos back!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:04 pm

NeoShredder wrote:I play and compose songs for guitar, write short stories, do various computer-related stuff (gaming, shenmue 1.5 ;-) ), see mates, and occasionally go camping. Oh, and video games too. I still play Shenmue on the odd occasion!

Nah I'm kidding, I actually have no life whatsoever. I spend all my time on here aruging with people, till my balls one day drop. I guess wanking counts as a hobby?

:o

You're like a fuckin mirror.

Except the camping bit.

And everything else but the no life thing.

-----

But seriously, I watch City and other football, make Hip-Hop beats, write guitar riffs, play games, play football (in summer), write lyrics, write stories, make games (rpg maker, tgf, etc), (used to) do gfx shit, get blazed, get pissed, avoid my mates (or is it the other way about?), watch South Park, Scrubs, Prison Break, and in between all this Im pissin 80% of this forum off. Intentionally, btw.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Geppetto » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:04 am

I wouldnt say composing music is a hobby for me, its my life. But other than that I do enjoy cooking, woodworking, metal working and also a little bit of electronics. In fact I am building a distortion pedal for my guitar soon, I found the circuit schematics online so I am going to be putting it together soon.
Geppetto
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:11 am

NeoShredder wrote:I play and compose songs for guitar, write short stories, do various computer-related stuff (gaming, shenmue 1.5 ;-) ), see mates, and occasionally go camping. Oh, and video games too. I still play Shenmue on the odd occasion!

Haha. Quasi-hobbies are all I have as well.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby jinsaotomex3 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:51 am

My hobbies are doing anything on the PC that I can get my hands on. From editing subtitle files, to altering images on PSP, if I had cash I would probably be one of those otaku that collects them figurines...they're so sweet though. *Sigh* I need a job :(
jinsaotomex3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FRASIER » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 am

hobbies hobbies? whats this hobbies you speak of never heard of it! (its just you make it sound like we really should'nt have any?)
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:50 am

Hobbies, well i'm a very athletic guy ans my main hobby is playing football but i like going for long walks or runs. I enjoy swimming and going clubbing, spending time with my friends and also playing darts. I played darts long before i played Shenmue but i love throwing arrows, i've never got a 180 but i threw a 140 with the last dart just the wrong side of the wire :evil:
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Only Child » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:36 pm

I hate topics like this because they always seem an excuse for people to say, "I write music" or "I play the guitar" and that irritates me, but I always do the same thing. :lol: Learning to play the guitar was the best decision I've made in my life, I've been playing for over four years and like to think I've gotten to a pretty decent level by now.

I can't really think of any other hobbies I have, I like to spend a lot of time with my friends experimenting with different substances and generally going out and meeting people, chatting to girls etc. Basically what every 21 year old guy likes to do.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Watching movies, analysising movies (like a nerd, yes), making movies (all of which are very much experimental), taking my dog out for a good ol' fashioned run, listening to my music, writing, reading, going mad with my friends, eating, drinking, playing footy, I used to be into martial arts, going out with my friends somewhere, Nintendo DS, fucking around on paint (some people may call it 'art', but I think it's just a bit of fun, really), going onto the net to download fo'shizzle (no pr0n, honestly, just music, movies, trailers, occasional anime etc), go shopping and seel things on eBay.

I must say though, my favourite things I do are meeting with my friends/family, eat (oh, yes) and watch movies.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Writing screenplays or lyrics, drawing comics on notebook paper or posting them online, creating idea lists, skateboarding, going to parties (now the bar), meeting new people, hanging with the people I know, every so often experiment with electronic sounds or string instruments (ie, acoustic or bass guitar), sing, and striking down on the ol' "To Do" list.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:49 am

Computer, Eat, Instruments, Documentaries.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Off Topic