A proper farewell

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Bane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:11 pm

Awesome man, I always remember you talking about going to Japan back when you used to work in that game store, can't remember what you said it was called now?

Glad you followed what you wanted to do, have a cool life man :)

x
Bane
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:06 am

ShenmueAddict wrote:I hate these "Leaving" topics, they are unneccesary , when you cantbe bothered to come on and post, Dont, when you can then thats cool too, its no skin off anyones nose.

Bet no one noticed when i left for a few months? do i care? no its a forum with people ill most likely never meet in real life so why would i feel the need to waste time with a goodbye topic?
Do people really feel they need to explain why they are leaving? like we might get upset or made and hunt them down? :lol:

So long.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby FRASIER » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 am

"don't you ever leave though mate, you have won me over with that avatar. Bloody class!
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:27 am

Dont know who made it but its rather nice! Think it was a guy from teamxbox but i cant remember his user name, He also made the iRavi vid i posted in the E3 topic...and most the gifs as it goes! :lol: Guys class.

Edit my av was made buy a guy known as Varanos over on TX.

Gamemakerman made just about all the others i posted.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Soul of Yusuke » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:07 pm

What the fuck, Axm?! I guess there should be some shards of insult deep inside my heart, mearly from the fact that I never even got a goodbye topic, but alas, HD is a neglectful bitch at times, and it's to be expected.

I shall search the Metal Gear Solid Forums for you, and you'd better pray I don't find you, you backstabbing whore.
Soul of Yusuke
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:55 am

Whats the deal with the podcast? must have missed all that! Just a quick version if thats ok?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: A proper farewell

Postby Felix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:18 am

Axm wrote:Warning. Long post.

Hello everyone :)

I’m writing this now too all of you because
A. I want to apologize for leaving so abruptly.
B. I didn't properly explain why I was really leaving.

Before I begin. To those of you that feel like you lost a leg of the community when I left then this post is for you. To those of you that couldn't care less about me.. why are you even in this thread? Move on not caring and go to, preferably, a Shenmue thread instead.

To start off, I want to make it clear. I didn't leave “just because of one guy” or whatever you want to say about what happened in the podcast forum.
That was only the tip of the Ice Berg. And like all Ice Bergs, what’s beneath the surface is two to three times larger then what’s above. And I should probably explain what’s below the surface.

I got a lot of stuff going on in my life. Not to an unmanageable degree by any means, but enough to warrant the statement. If any of you cared to listen to the podcasts you might think so aswell.

Im trying to finish up school/afford it, deal with a job that's my only option on a Navy military base in Japan, start a career, get married to a Japanese girl, deal with immigration visa’s and the like, try to save enough money for the future, live in a different country and deal with language barriers, deal with my loving, but increasingly annoying parents and decide if I should join the Air Force or not.

To some, you might be thinking “Wow man you got your work cut out for you.” To others “Wow you’re lucky to even have to deal with that kind of stuff.” Or what I like to believe and tell myself everyday, “This is normal and you can do it.”

So id just like this to be a point of reference to you all.

Now for the heart of the post …
The Shenmue community has always been in my life since back I guess when it really took form when Shenmue 2 launched in Europe. That’s around when I joined in 2002.
So I’ve always been a growing pains member waiting for Shenmue 3 to come out until my body deteriorates.
I never thought id be a part of the community like some people think I am. And honestly maybe I don't deserve any kind of recognition or not for who I am but I feel a sense of accomplishment for the years I was with the community.

That being said it pains me to have to say this but…

I no longer enjoy Shenmue as much as I used to.
Im kinda tiered of it.
I’ve played it out.
And Shenmue 3 is almost a lost cause. (imo)
Which is not to say Shenmue is BAD…
Just that I’ve lost it. It’s a non-factor to me in my life atm.
And im fucking relieved I didn't get the Tattoo I was thinking of getting. Lolls.
But im still holding on to my collection because I value it and it will always be there as something to look back on my life with.

Shenmue 1 and 2 is still very high on my list of great games.
But unfortunately it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
I’ve become more of a..
A Metal Gear Solid fan..

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Not surprising to anyone I hope not. They are both very similar in quality, innovation, sound, gameplay, graphical quality etc. They are of the same to near same caliber of quality to me.
I just enjoy Metal Gear now more.
Im not really band wagon jumping as ive always enjoyed MGS, but now it’s just taken over as my number 1.

So I no longer have the time or interest to post in a forum dedicated to Shenmue.

One part of the reasoning behind my fall out of interest would have to be…
Oh ya im already living in Japan. Speaking the language. Walking around area’s that are identical to Dobuita. Have a Japanese Fiancée and basically living in Shenmue.
So how can a game spark any sudden interest in me that basically pales in comparison to real life in Japan?
It can’t. So in a way im glad to be over Shenmue.
That and man.. you just cant play a game near 100 times and pretend to enjoy feeding a virtual cat every day.

Nor can I put up with people who act immature on a message boards.
Or continue to do podcasts.
Or deal with defending my opinions and myself at every turn.
Or visit the site to procrastinate…

Which brings me to time management.
What am I supposed to cut out of my life to accomplish my goals in life?

Fiancée- No
School- No
Work- No
Friends- No
Games- No
Shenmue forum I increasingly don't care about – Obviously

And in terms of the podcast issue..
I think its best I not go down that Well. My opinions stand and that was like I said, the tip of the Ice Berg and not the only reason I left.
What im glad to see though is Joe taking over for it.

If you cant recall I actually left twice in the span of 2 weeks. Joe quickly stepped up to the plate when I was showing signs of falling off, he offered to take my place and that is totally ok with me. Infact its one of the reasons I left aswell. Joe should get some time in the spot light. Someone who cares more about the series. You guys deserve it.

So I leave it at that.

I want to thank all the members of the community throughout the years. Both here at Shenmue Dojo and at Hazuki Dojo.
If you hadn’t noticed I haven’t been posting there at HD aswell.
Proof enough im really not interested in Shenmue anymore and its not just about meaningless forumz dramaz..

Maybe ill shout you guys a line here or there in the future if anyone cares for me to. But really if you wanna find me ill be on PSN. My ID is “AxmShenmue”
No I wont be changing that name just because im not a Shenmue super fan anymore. I still like it as is. ☺

Bye everyone.

Also..
Here’s Shenmue Podcast #1.
I think of as a real testament to my devotion to the series, community and myself.

http://rapidshare.de/files/39953314/She ... 1.mp3.html

You're like the Giving Tree in a way. The tree would keep on giving to the boy, and even though the boy provided nothing in return, the tree kept on giving for it loved the boy so much. And even though when the boy got old and still had nothing to give the tree, the tree kept giving everything to him. The difference between you and the tree other than your biological kingdoms, is that the tree never gave up. You're giving up on Shenmue. It isn't dead, you're only killing it in your own heart with this weight you're lifting off of your back. Ha, I sound like Tony Robbins, Lolzies.
Felix
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Off Topic