The Dark Knight topic *spoilers inside*

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Soul of Yusuke » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Brokeback Mountain was the movie that showed off his range as an actor, but this would have really cemented him as an A-lister. I thought he portrayed the Joker perfectly. And this isn't just some bullshit pity thing because he's dead, since I didn't really care for him up until this role.

It's too bad that he won't be able top reprise his role for the third. There is no way in hell they can top the villains in this movie. That was probably Nolan's biggest mistake, he gave himself too much to live up to..
Soul of Yusuke
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Felix » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:21 pm

I think Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin would be awesome. Not him actually being a penguin though cause that would be gay, but just him having some sort of fascination with the animal and that he can somehow relate to them.

Maybe he tortures his victims to make them as ugly as him, and allows them to live with the mental anguish he suffers from.

Plus, I was thinking (and hopefully I am wrong) from Morgan Freeman's line, "It will hold up against cats just fine...", that the 3rd is set up for an appearance from Catwoman.
Felix
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 pm

The Penguin would work best as corrupt owner of the Iceberg Lounge, where all the mobsters meet to do business. However, he would be untouchable because of how careful he is. So far he's gone up against drugs, the mob, terrorists, and a serial killer, so it'd be good to see Batman go up against another legitimate 'real world' challenge. Catwoman would work well as a notorious jewel thief too, but the Penguin-Catwoman thing would probably be steppin on Batman Returns' villains a little too much.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Clint » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 am

Catwoman and Penguin would just suck. Can't see Nolan going in those directions.

It's got to be Riddler.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Felix » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 am

The Riddler is very similar to the Joker, so I rather not see it even though I think it is the most likely of things to happen. On an old episode of the animated Batman show, The Joker and Riddler meet, where the Joker says, "Riddler huh? You're stealing my schtick. I do riddles, I don't tell jokes."

That in itself tells me that the creators of the show even are aware of the similarities.

I think at least if they do The Riddler, they need another villain along the lines of The Penguin.

I heard a rumor recently involving Night Wing... The possibility stands, because of the fact that Batman is truly becoming a villain of Gotham, that another hero will be introduced, one Night Wing, who is the anti-hero to Gotham's anti-hero. That would create another conflict, since Batman hasn't had competition yet. I don't particularly like the idea myself, but seeing what Nolan can do, I trust him no matter what his decision.
Felix
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ro Shen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:12 pm

I over heard on the radio (Kiss 100) today at work they might be casting angelina jolie as catwomen and george clooney as the next joker.
Ro Shen

Postby FRASIER » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:40 pm

"george clooney as the next joker"

WUT!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Fist of Legend » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 pm

i'd put it all down to nonsensical speculation, along with the "johnny depp as riddler" thing i heard earlier today (that came with some dude named as the penguin).

there is no way on earth anybody involved with the movie is assigning names to people to play roles when the newest film has only just hit the cinemas.
Fist of Legend
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Clint » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Clooney is a good actor. You have to blame the writer/director for his shit role as Batman.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:33 pm

George Clooney actually played a good Bruce Wayne.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm sorry, I hated it when I heard Ledger was the Joker, I admit that much (and boy, was I so wrong), but Clooney? Come on, anybody can see that a mile off that it would be a bad idea. I agree with Clint, he isn't a bad actor at all, it's just that I feel he wouldn't fit into the role, nor do I feel this generation of Batman films should have a replacement Joker. Ledger played him perfectly for Nolan's movies, lets respect that and leave the character alone now. I want more villains that haven't yet been shown, like David Goyer (co-writer of the films) said: they would like to do villains that haven't had their chance to be on the big screen, so expect the likes of the more obscure villains like Black Mask (please, please, please) or even Hush, two particular favourites of mine who know the Bat better than most of the other villains.

In fact, I've noticed how Nolan is picking out the villains that know Batman or Bruce Wayne very well in the comics (Ra's, Joker, Dent) maybe he'll carry on that trend?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Bob Hoskins for the penguin.

Megan Fox as Catwoman.

Will Arnett as The Riddler.

And Matt Damon as Robin. (Joke)
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Atlantean » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Riddler would be great. But Hoffman as Penguin would be pretty darn interesting, I think.

As for Heath, I agree with Clint; most people thought of him as "just another actor", and the majority of the people I know couldn't care less about his previous work. And now they're shouting "We'll miss you, Heath". Miss him for what, exactly? For the one film they did see and thought it was good? The film they only got to see after he died? Seriously...
Atlantean
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Lantean
Currently playing: Steam Wallet Drain Game

Postby OL » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:24 am

Clint wrote:Clooney is a good actor. You have to blame the writer/director for his shit role as Batman.

I absolutely agree. I think he was the right actor in the wrong movie. He'd have been fantastic if given the opportunity to play something really dark like the recent Batman films. I think it's unfortunate that (as he's said in interviews in the past) he thinks he "ruined" the Batman franchise. It was obviously Schumaker's fault. Clooney was just accepting a role with a really big paycheck attached. And who can blame him? He certainly wasn't as big back then as he is now, so he pretty much had to take a really big role like that if it came along.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 am

The studio is to fault as well. Schumacher isn't a terrible director but he wasn't the right guy to do Batman. After Burton scared the little kids, the studio immediately wanted to do a more kid's friendly version of Batman to make it more marketable.

Schumacher's biggest faults were the bat nipples and the ass shots (I always complained about those more than the bat nipples even as a kid). I always dug the neon lights, especially when i'm fucked up on something. Batman and Robin is the ultimate stoner movie.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic