Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Brothaman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:26 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I was in complete control of myself, but not what was happening around me.

That's what I meant. If your ever realize that it's a dream during that state, you can control every happening around you. (i.e. Playboy Mansion orgy).
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:32 am

Guys should stop looking homeless with the nasty beards and shabby clothes. I keep throwing pennies at the wrong people by mistake and they get mad at me.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 pm

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Brothaman wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: I was in complete control of myself, but not what was happening around me.

That's what I meant. If your ever realize that it's a dream during that state, you can control every happening around you. (i.e. Playboy Mansion orgy).

How does that work? I only have odd dreams, not so sure about the REM stuff, but each time I get to the point where I realise (in the dream) "it's only a dream", I usually wake up soon after. I was probably about to wake up anyway, mind you, otherwise I'd probably not even be able to remember the dream. But the "magic" disappears as soon as I know what is going on...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: wude
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Brothaman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:49 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Brothaman wrote:

How does that work? I only have odd dreams, not so sure about the REM stuff, but each time I get to the point where I realise (in the dream) "it's only a dream", I usually wake up soon after. I was probably about to wake up anyway, mind you, otherwise I'd probably not even be able to remember the dream. But the "magic" disappears as soon as I know what is going on...

You're supposed to look at your hands during the dream. After you do that, you should be able to control your dream. It works, but remembering to do that during a dream is the hard part. I've successfully done it about three times since knowing about it for about five or so years now.

And on a another note....

Brothaman has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:30 am

I had intentions to rewrite an existing script...then all of a sudden, I started writing GAME. Already on page 3 and it's coming out the way I want it to.

GAME is that idea I was kicking around about a bunch of people working at a videogame store. I mentioned it on here awhile ago. It's going to be a big nostalgia piece and I decided that the protagonist is going to be a girl gamer. And when I say girl gamer, I mean the one in the bottom panel.

Definitely taking it to heart that this is going to be about PEOPLE who happen to like videogames. I don't want it to be one of those movies where they breath, eat, and shit gaming references from beginning to end like they're on life support. The only other thing i'm debating is the time period, whether or not this should take place in the late '90s or now. Leaning more towards now.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:39 am

As long as there's a gratuitous lesbian love scene with a bit of sexy (but not geeky) cosplay, I'd donate to a Kickstarter for it.

On the real though, sounds good.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Kenny
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Kenny wrote:The only other thing i'm debating is the time period, whether or not this should take place in the late '90s or now. Leaning more towards now.

I'd say mid- or early-2000s. Then it's in the midst of last gen. Gaming was at, in my eyes, sort of a peak of creativity, and there was still tons of history that had happened before it. Lots of room for the nostalgia points you mentioned, and without having to deal with modern-day cliches, like dude-bra COD gamers and the like.
Old enough to be nostalgic, but new enough not to be a desperate grab at it.

OL has received 4 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm

I agree with all of OL's post, plus, I can remember back to those times myself, where I had nostalgia for the PS1-era mid-1990s onwards gaming age, so it can kind of tie in...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Mid-2000s seems like a good idea cause I want to incorporate DDR and Guitar Hero in this for the competition finale. I have all the characters figured out too, each of them doesn't embody the stereotypical notion of what a gamer is.

Only thing really left is the main conflict which will drive the story forward. I guess it can be about a small time shop that refused to get bought out by a corporate entity (Gamestop-like) which is perfect if this will be set in 2005 cause that's exactly what started to happen. And they've been struggling to compete ever since.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Sounds good, if not a little cliche'd. Best if you show the pros and cons of "selling out" (eg one of the employees gets laid off, life goes to shit, owner desperately tries busting a bollock to keep the place open but ultimately fails) That way, you can have both a sad n happy ending (or whatever) havin em stood in an empty shop reminiscing about, for example, how overcrowded the place was when San Andreas was released, or when character B threw some huge hissy fit over getting beat on Mario Kart by a twelve year old, etc.

But then again, you're writing it, so I'll kindly shut my fucking face and stick my testicles in the microwave.

Yes, that's right, they're detachable.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:51 pm

How much for the ape?

phpBB [video]
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Sounds good, if not a little cliche'd. Best if you show the pros and cons of "selling out" (eg one of the employees gets laid off, life goes to shit, owner desperately tries busting a bollock to keep the place open but ultimately fails) That way, you can have both a sad n happy ending (or whatever) havin em stood in an empty shop reminiscing about, for example, how overcrowded the place was when San Andreas was released, or when character B threw some huge hissy fit over getting beat on Mario Kart by a twelve year old, etc.

But then again, you're writing it, so I'll kindly shut my fucking face and stick my testicles in the microwave.

Yes, that's right, they're detachable.

That in itself sounds cliche. What made Clerks work so well is it didn't need a plot or story. It was a slice of life piece with these twos guys lives and their perspective. All a film like that needs. Not some flashback film.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Clerks is great but I already wrote my own Clerks called TECH, which is based on my own experiences in a call center. Clerks wa based on Kevin Smith's experience as a 711 clerk. This new script is intended to be the final part of a trilogy including TECH and CREW (gonna call it The Working Class Trilogy).

As for the store, I might have it burn to the ground or have it demolished by some freak accident. That's been the ending in the previous two scripts, that the place of employment gets fucked up in some fashion. But i'll figure it out when I get there.

Kenny has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Kenny wrote: Clerks is great but I already wrote my own Clerks called TECH, which is based on my own experiences in a call center. Clerks wa based on Kevin Smith's experience as a 711 clerk. This new script is intended to be the final part of a trilogy including TECH and CREW (gonna call it The Working Class Trilogy).

As for the store, I might have it burn to the ground or have it demolished by some freak accident. That's been the ending in the previous two scripts, that the place of employment gets fucked up in some fashion. But i'll figure it out when I get there.

You ought to read crtl alt del comics. At least the older ones until 360 launched. Really get a good feel for that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic