Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Police have arrested a 41-year-old Frenchman after "what appears to be a firearm" was discovered at Gatwick airport.

WTF is this "appears to be a firearm" shit ?? It is or it isn´t WTF.

There seems to be so much that media doesn't tell us...
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:58 pm

As I said in the Random Thoughts topic my sister was just a few streets away from some of the chaos last night. She's fine and mainly just heard sirens through the night. She went out this morning for breakfast and said it felt pretty dead for a Saturday and there was police everywhere. She's mainly spent the day sitting at the hotel as everywhere is shut and they don't really know what to do. She's coming home through Gatwick North on Monday and that was shut earlier today which was nervy for a bit.

I text her as soon as I heard what was going on out there and got a text back within 2 minutes saying she was in her hotel room and safe. That put me at ease but I was still watching the news until 2AM with a sense of worry. My dad was just round the corner from the 7/7 London bus bombing awhile back but he was home in no time and it was over very quickly. It's heartbreaking that some people never got that text back to say their loved ones are safe.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:01 pm

My sister has been living there for like 5 years or so, last time I went to Paris (about 4 months) it was in a very bad state.

The media isn't telling much (compared to what internet collects), and she thinks everything is alright.

She's dumb as fuck, but whatever.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:17 pm

What do you suppose will ultimately come of a tragedy such as this? Some one has to stop these fucks...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Nothing in the eyes of the common man. He will go about his business over the coming weeks and this will be another chapter in the bloody history of humanity. Mean no disrespect in that, but at best, just more news stories in the future of bombings, refugees, ISIS, middle east, Islam, Muslim, European, drones, ground troops, surveillance, captures, kidnaps, hostages, beheading.

Nothing will change.

Peter has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Mr357 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm not going to go /pol/ and start chanting "REMOVE KEBAB" or "DEATH TO ISLAM," but there is a very real and obvious problem with the entire religion. With 1.2 billion Muslims in the world, even if just 10% fall into this "extremist" category (the real percentage is estimated to be 15-25%), that's still over 100 million people determined to conquer and kill Westerners like us. The peaceful majority has always, and as far as I can tell will always be a silent majority. They either tremble in fear and are killed all the same by these terrorists, or they have no issues with the atrocities that have been occurring, even in their own countries. If the peaceful majority does not finally take a stand against radical Islam instead of whining about being stereotyped as their equals, then we will have to do so, whether we like it or not.

Here are some of your "moderate Muslims" leaving the stadium after the explosion(s).
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 pm

There's nothing you can do from my perspective.
The terrorists are in europe. If they go full on war / muslim discrimination is just a place to recluit more people.
They can destroy syria, but nothing will change, terrorist attacks will keep happening, even in retaliation.

BTW a lot of hardcore muslim countries like qatar and saudi arabia will not be touched because moneyz.

Hopefully this new "religious war" will lead to most countries to push for a more profound secular policies.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:52 pm

Immigrant camp at Calais was also on fire;
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ce-6830330

And a TGV high speed train was derailed;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34822666

It's a dark day in France. :-(

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Mr357
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:07 pm

As to "what do we do?", I have no answer, I think this thing has gathered enough momentum now that there is no control anymore. I can only hope (cliche coming up! ;-) ) that Putin bombs the spirit out of them, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Last time a proxy war was fought like this, the impressive combined might of the Soviet red army was driven out of Afghanistan. Putin may have signed Russia's bankruptcy papers with this move, 'cos I bet he won't want to "look weak" by leaving any time soon either...
As I've said before, I think the fact that this particular religion seems to have such a high concentration of nutters compared to other religions, any "nasty dictators" in place should be left there, since they at least keep the nutters in line with their own iron fisted ways.
I think our only hope is capitalism, which is a sad state of affairs. Capitalism has conquered China and Russia with ease (and they've learned to roll with it pretty quickly), so when some young secular Muslim egotists look at the culture of the West and end up driven for the usual desire for money and power end up rising up and dethroning the religious leaders in terms of relevance...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Mr357 wrote: I'm not going to go /pol/ and start chanting "REMOVE KEBAB" or "DEATH TO ISLAM," but there is a very real and obvious problem with the entire religion. With 1.2 billion Muslims in the world, even if just 10% fall into this "extremist" category (the real percentage is estimated to be 15-25%), that's still over 100 million people determined to conquer and kill Westerners like us. The peaceful majority has always, and as far as I can tell will always be a silent majority. They either tremble in fear and are killed all the same by these terrorists, or they have no issues with the atrocities that have been occurring, even in their own countries. If the peaceful majority does not finally take a stand against radical Islam instead of whining about being stereotyped as their equals, then we will have to do so, whether we like it or not.

The moderates need to heavily condemn the radicals and admit their holy book is all kinds of fucked up and not really a good basis for any kind of modern law.

But they're not going to condemn beyond hiding behind a hashtag on twitter. They of all people know how crazy these fucking people can be, so they're gonna be scared to do it out in the open. And they're not going to admit certain sects of their religious text is deeply flawed and inappropriate as far as upholding it as any kind of law (Sharia). That would be admitting their religion is wrong (ie not ordained by Muhammad and Allah) and they start to immediately question the religion they dedicated their entire lives on.

They rather just ignore "the nasty parts" and focus on the good stuff, insisting Islam as a whole is peaceful. That's what's going to happen and that's how this problem is not going to get any better.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Mr357
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Kenny wrote:
Mr357 wrote:They rather just ignore "the nasty parts" and focus on the good stuff, insisting Islam as a whole is peaceful. That's what's going to happen and that's how this problem is not going to get any better.

That's what most religions do, they can't just target muslims for having pretty similar books, but being more "randomly" violent.

SJWs will be battling the good fight though.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:09 pm

You're right, most major religions have roughly the same stories in them don't they?

It seems that religions are similar, but one of them seems to have a bigger percentage of people with the mindset of taking up arms and doing something with them. ARE they actually doing it in the name of Allah? It all seems kinda far fetched to be basing it on religion, a lot of it will be simple territorialism (as in they want Westerners/other Muslims they don't like out of "their" provences). Either way, "they" do seem to be a warrior-type people who are easily capable of arming themselves and enough ammunition to keep the hate going...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:11 pm

How the hell does Toyota manage to ship so many of their trucks over there?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Yes it is a VERY agressive book (in the style of writing), with a history of war (like the first testament).

Sadly it's not territorialism when they kill people for making a cartoon, when they are raping (in your country) and people just turn their eyes away (this also hapens in sweden).

The SJWs that don't understand shit about anything will say the defacto answer about "not all", so if you want to condemn islam, you should condemn all religious stupid believes (like I think they should).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:32 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: How the hell does Toyota manage to ship so many of their trucks over there?

The usa gives a toyota truck mounted with a machine gun for every certain amount of rebels that goes to to one of their sponsored training camps if I recall correctly. I assume that before the war Syria was full of those trucks too considering theyre rather cheap.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic