Things that pissed you off

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things that pissed you off

Postby Bambi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Kenny wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I mostly avoid the news, yet still can't help but hear about Justin Bieber every so often. Just sick to fucking death of the little cunt.

I hate it when his name gets dropped on old school music videos on youtube. It's one thing to see advertisements on the side or in the video, but to hear supposedly "non-fans" mention him in the comments?!

YOU'RE ADVERTISING, DON'T YOU PEOPLE REALIZE THAT?!

Next time I see that, i'm calling them a goddamn Beiber fan cause they're spreading awareness when they should be ignoring it.

Exactly. Not being "with it" I hadn't heard of him until last year when he appeared in the comment section of every music video I was interested in.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:34 pm

baby baby baby ohhhhhhh :-" bamafall simimalife oooooh
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Rakim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:41 pm

south carmain wrote: baby baby baby ohhhhhhh :-" bamafall simimalife oooooh

Is that a song in simlish?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonikku » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Sonikku wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossadegh

Champions of Democracy indeed. I guess I can understand now why Iran considers the West an enemy and so eagerly hopes to one day wipe us out with nuclear arms. I don't ever remember this being taught in history class.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: ^I take it you know that "we" put Saddam into power as well?

Work is really pissing me off, I gave serious thoughts to just walking out today. They're gonna pick on me early on tomorrow, too. If I still feel so annoyed about it, then the things I'll say could well end up getting me sacked. Probably for the best. I used to be a nice, easy going (but quite opinionated about things, still) sort of person, so if the place has changed me so much (I'm a total dick quite a lot more often now), then I am better off outta there. Finding another one is hard though, and the grass isn't always greener either...

Yeah, I knew about Saddam. Though I did not realize the extent at which we would go to undermine a democracy with an elected official that surprisingly had some progressive ideas and who's biggest sin was nationalizing oil, just to replace him with a dictator that was willing to play ball. It's that act of brazenly casting aside our ideals on a whim for a personally lucrative benefit that I find repugnant.

As for the job situation, I'm sorry to hear. If it is getting to you to the point of costing you your joy and the over all happier demeanor you used to be able to project to those around you I'd say it's about time to go. I would not drag on the inevitable until you are fired however, I would suggest to simply acknowledge the reality that you are not happy there any longer to them and yourself in a professional and respectful fashion when handing in a two weeks notice, leaving with a class act. If the leadership is bad, it might be better than they deserve. But it's usually best to leave a bad situation the better man.

Not to mention it could help your future prospects in finding your next job as well. If applications are anything like what I see 100% of the time in the US, they will ask under what terms you left your previous job and in an economy where there are 7 applications to every opening, "resigned" looks better than "fired".
Last edited by Sonikku on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Rakim wrote:
south carmain wrote: baby baby baby ohhhhhhh :-" bamafall simimalife oooooh

Is that a song in simlish?

lol no it's how I hear the baby song whenever I'm out. never been good at recognising lyrics :lol:
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Kenny wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: I mostly avoid the news, yet still can't help but hear about Justin Bieber every so often. Just sick to fucking death of the little cunt.

I hate it when his name gets dropped on old school music videos on youtube. It's one thing to see advertisements on the side or in the video, but to hear supposedly "non-fans" mention him in the comments?!

Next time I see that, i'm calling them a goddamn Beiber fan cause they're spreading awareness when they should be ignoring it.

I'm going to go against the trend here and say that I'm actually some what envious of Bieber.

With a body as frail and effeminate as that, transitioning would have been cake. :lol:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Rakim
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Feelers Rebo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Sonikku wrote:Champions of Democracy indeed. I guess I can understand now why Iran considers the West an enemy and so eagerly hopes to one day wipe us out with nuclear arms. I don't ever remember this being taught in history class.

This is one of the reasons I get bugged when people wank off over Winston Churchill.
Feelers Rebo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:32 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0frQV69vDc[/youtube]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Bambi wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote: ^I take it you know that "we" put Saddam into power as well?

Work is really pissing me off, I gave serious thoughts to just walking out today. They're gonna pick on me early on tomorrow, too. If I still feel so annoyed about it, then the things I'll say could well end up getting me sacked. Probably for the best. I used to be a nice, easy going (but quite opinionated about things, still) sort of person, so if the place has changed me so much (I'm a total dick quite a lot more often now), then I am better off outta there. Finding another one is hard though, and the grass isn't always greener either...

Do you get proper sick pay?

I did give a lot of thought to to just taking the rest of the week off, yeah. I just about did first thing today anyway, since I have some sort of weird headcold and felt pretty awful when I got up. But, I simply mustn't. Not saying I won't cash that cheque at some point later on though. :-"

Kenny wrote:

Huhuhuh, guess I did it too in this topic! :D
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Sonikku wrote:

Yeah, I knew about Saddam. Though I did not realize the extent at which we would go to undermine a democracy with an elected official that surprisingly had some progressive ideas and who's biggest sin was nationalizing oil, just to replace him with a dictator that was willing to play ball. It's that act of brazenly casting aside our ideals on a whim for a personally lucrative benefit that I find repugnant.

As for the job situation, I'm sorry to hear. If it is getting to you to the point of costing you your joy and the over all happier demeanor you used to be able to project to those around you I'd say it's about time to go. I would not drag on the inevitable until you are fired however, I would suggest to simply acknowledge the reality that you are not happy there any longer to them and yourself in a professional and respectful fashion when handing in a two weeks notice, leaving with a class act. If the leadership is bad, it might be better than they deserve. But it's usually best to leave a bad situation the better man.

Not to mention it could help your future prospects in finding your next job as well. If applications are anything like what I see 100% of the time in the US, they will ask under what terms you left your previous job and in an economy where there are 7 applications to every opening, "resigned" looks better than "fired".

Considered all that too, you're absolutely correct. TBH I'll probably ride this inevitable storm (which was nothing REALLY major anyway, just something that's common enough to really fuck me off sometimes), like I do every other time, but I'm definitely gonna be more actively looking to GTF outta there!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm

OMfG TEH TRIPEL P0STz!1!

I remember that overly-rude post I made about Justin Bieber up there was also made after work stuff got me annoyed. :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 am

Logged into my Hotmail account to find an ugly, over-sanitized lifeless inbox with a pop up message saying
"As promised, your Hotmail inbox has been assimilated into the cold Outlook Microsoft Machine. Because seriously, fuck you." or something to that effect. I've had this email since 97 and now I no longer recognize it. :sad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:58 am

Sonikku wrote: Logged into my Hotmail account to find an ugly, over-sanitized lifeless inbox with a pop up message saying
"As promised, your Hotmail inbox has been assimilated into the cold Outlook Microsoft Machine. Because seriously, fuck you." or something to that effect. I've had this email since 97 and now I no longer recognize it. :sad:

go in to settings and chose to switch it back to hotmail
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:28 pm

I don't see anywhere in the settings to change it back to hotmail.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 pm

might not be in the settings, look around but it's definitely there. I switched mine back to hotmail as soon as it tried to force the blue abomination on me
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic