Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 pm

But Ryudo, I think unfortunately people do care a lot more about the new big discovery, or basically more about anything to be honest, than they do the homeless and drug addicted that usually get completely ignored by society. And that's exactly the point of those pictures. So it's a bit of shame to see people complain straight away about drug addicts getting too much attention as soon as they get given any.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:04 pm

No it's the opposite. Drug addiction is always in politics and news and any celeb that smells a drug and it's all over the media. These discoveries were covered by.......no one.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Drugs may be a political issue, but we're not talking about politics or celebs here, we're talking real drug addicts or homeless people in desperate circumstances. And no, they don't generally get given much attention. They get ignored, and are generally invisible to the average person who doesn't give a shit about them and is too self concerned to see.

I don't know what discovery your banging on about as I haven't read your post yet, but nothing much gets ignored more than these most marginalised people.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Bambi
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Most of the people in the pictures bambi linked weren't high class celebrities you hear about in the news with unlimited resources and support on their latest rehab trip, but actual impoverished people living on the streets and abandoned warehouses, anywhere they can find while their lives are destroyed. In most cases their children were taken away. About all they have left at that point is an existence barely sustained by supporting themselves with prostitution and worse just to survive. It's a tragic downward spiral. And they have my sympathy.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bambi
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Rakim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Look everyone! A magical hotdog!

This is a shitty non-debate

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, MiTT3NZ
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Drug addicts will be around as long as human kind lives,same as religion and war. Once in a lifetime discoveries that are in danger of being lost because no one gives a shit but the same people who claim to care about these junkies would not help them at all if they met them in the street and never do. They just want to read shit online make comments and pretend to care.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

And once again, you say people should pay more attention to these discoveries for the benefit of humankind but at the same time you disregard people that are disadvantaged for various reasons. You can learn from sociology as you can from any archaeological finds.

And I thought it was terrible you dismissed the dying soldier's letter by saying "tldr", but at this point it's just not surprising.

Kenny has received a thanks from: mue 26
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Kenny wrote:
And I thought it was terrible you dismissed the dying soldier's letter by saying "tldr", but at this point it's just not surprising.
I didn't read it as it was too long. So I had no interest in reading it. Also US Soldiers I couldn't give too shits about support the troops bullshit or whatever it is. Anytime troops is brought up blah blah support them for serving blah blah lie that is fed to everyone.
If it's one that is anti war and anti support and a real tragedy then I will read but I didn't want to read a mile long post.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm

^ you can get an idea of what type of letter it is by just reading the first few lines
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Ryudo wrote: Drug addicts will be around as long as human kind lives,same as religion and war. Once in a lifetime discoveries that are in danger of being lost because no one gives a shit but the same people who claim to care about these junkies would not help them at all if they met them in the street and never do. They just want to read shit online make comments and pretend to care.

But these drug addicts and homeless are not on the 6 o'clock news or whatever, it was just some tumblr account, it's hardly getting huge mass publicity, probably not any more (in fact probably less) than whatever discovery you posted about. So forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems a little bit like your just a bit annoyed and bitter that people didn't pay more attention to your post than anything else.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

There is nothing earth-shattering about the "once in a life time discovery" you posted Ryudo. Another primitive civilization constructed a stepped sun worship building. Whoopee!

While I agree that the other stories are pretty insipid that doesn't mean that the others are at some kind of intellectual fault for enjoying them. Cuz let's be real. The true origin of this debate boils down to "Kenny and crew liked their posts and not mine".

Rakim has received a thanks from: beedle
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:07 pm

mue 26 wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Drug addicts will be around as long as human kind lives,same as religion and war. Once in a lifetime discoveries that are in danger of being lost because no one gives a shit but the same people who claim to care about these junkies would not help them at all if they met them in the street and never do. They just want to read shit online make comments and pretend to care.

But these drug addicts and homeless are not on the 6 o'clock news or whatever, it was just some tumblr account, it's hardly getting huge mass publicity, probably not any more (in fact probably less) than whatever discovery you posted about. So forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems a little bit like your just a bit annoyed and bitter that people didn't pay more attention to your post than anything else.

No. Just anytime I read the news it's never news anymore. Either rehashing same old problems that will never get solved or what some celeb wore that day. Past 10 years there has been these amazing historical discoveries and no news outlet covers it. Maybe it's because I am a HUGE history buff esp ancient history when we now now they were so damn advanced. Instead what's covered is what someone said on twitter or some stupid BS. Then people talking about homeless problems or some other problems and people posts all these comments on those sites like they really care but never lifted a finger. I remember when my dad was homeless and we gave him tasks around the house and fed him for the day(long story). Hell I bought lunch for a homeless guy once. Just to me when we find out if it were not for petty squabbles we would be in spaceships right now traveling the universe. Seriously that is how far we were. Only 200 years ago did we re-discover steam engines and hot and cold water in plumbing and flame throwers. Now we find they already had steam engines,hot and cold water,rotating statues,clocks, many sorts of machines even floating/flying statues in temples using magnets,flame throwers (even on naval ships) and we now know they had mechanical computers. Advanced buildings and now we find pyramids in Alaska underground and a 6000 year old pyramid underwater in of all places the Bermuda triangle. To these are earth shattering discoveries and never even given a sentence on a news site. They completely change written world history yet something happened that set us back technologically thousands of years
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:14 am

It's the nature of this thread, unfortunately. I found the pyramids post interesting but the topic changes so quickly in here that very little actually gets discussed. If you think something's important, you're better off creating a separate thread for it. I think it would have received more attention that way, but it's probably too late now as it's been positioned as something people are actively choosing to downplay on principle due to your slightly petulant foot stomping.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 am

Was never angry. Never am anymore on here even if it may not look like it. I just always been very vocal on my thoughts and opinions popular or not. Not been actually mad on here in a long while now. So whatevs. I honestly looking at it now think we were trying to make two different points and neither got it across very well. Oh well things move on :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 am

You should all read more and post less. It'd make it quite clear just how collectively stupid this place has become.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic