U bums work?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: U bums work?

Postby John Blaze » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 pm

When everyone is struggling to find work in this financial climate, I have two. Though they are both retail. Monday to Saturday, I have to wake up at 5:30am, get to work for 7am and work till 11. Then I have to get to my other job for 13:00 and work until 21:00. On Sundays, I have to work from 9-5. Each time it takes an hour to get home. So, from tomorrow that is my time table. As soon as I get up tomorrow I have to simply get ready and leave for work. As soon as I get home around 22:00, I have to sleep to get up the next morning and repeat.

Reckon I can hack it?
John Blaze
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: King John Blaze
XBL: King John Blaze
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Crysis 2, MVC3

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

For a while yeah, I reckon, but you'll get sick of it pretty quick. Those are some CRUEL hours, and seven days a week. :shock:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Fuck, I would never work that. I worship my days off. Then again I also do my own personal work on the job and sometimes my weekends, so i'm basically working all the time. Even with my upcoming vacation, i'm planning on working whenever I have time to waste.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Don't overwork yourself no matter the finacial situation. Otherwise be sitting where I'm at.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Myles » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 am

It's all what you can handle.
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby John Blaze » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Ryudo wrote:Don't overwork yourself no matter the finacial situation. Otherwise be sitting where I'm at.

What situation are you in?

The first 2 days I could hack it. The mornings were hell, the travels were terrible, but after an hour or so at the second job, I felt OK. Then the third and this fourth day came. Funny enough, getting up was not as bad, I actually slept in the night and woke up before my 5:30 alarm, though I did not feel fresh one bit. Walking to the station was painful and the stairs, I had to climb like an old person, my body was actually aching.

In the morning at the first place, my feet were dragging and after the store opened 2 hours after I started, I went into hiding for a couple hours before heading off to the other place. My eyes were red, body sluggish, feet aching, corns, blisters, quads burning but after a couple Pro-Plus and a Relentless, I still felt like shit but good enough to get through. Tomorrow is my only day off, only because one of my jobs are a bit more flexible and allowed me, otherwise I would literally be doing this 6 days a week and only having one day a week where I only do one job. However, tomorrow I got an interview (third job lol!), something which could have a bit of career prospects that is why my other job allowed me the day off.

So Monday I only got to work the mornings, 7-11, then I'm gonna sleep the rest of the day. But from Tuesday, gonna start it all over again, this time it's gonna be worst because it would be literally everyday, from morning to night...
John Blaze

Postby Kenny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:40 pm

That is not a healthy lifestyle.

You're gonna go crazy, dude.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:43 pm

John. Overworking myself lead to injuries like lost half a toe and while not the whole reason but a part I have heart failure is I overworked. Not saying you will turn out disabled but mentally and maybe physically you will go nuts and body will start to break down. It's just not meant for that.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby John Blaze » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Ryudo wrote:John. Overworking myself lead to injuries like lost half a toe and while not the whole reason but a part I have heart failure is I overworked. Not saying you will turn out disabled but mentally and maybe physically you will go nuts and body will start to break down. It's just not meant for that.

Wow, sorry to hear that mate and thanks for the advice. The last time I done something like this, it made my feet wider and toes bigger. Think the same thing may be happening. People are not too sure how I am doing it, the plan is to do it until just before mid July where I would drop one. Looking at my feet now, they are swollen pretty bad. God, and the funny thing is, I have not seen any money for this. I don't get paid until the end of the month for both jobs and for one of them, it's a weekly wage which is going to be taxed like crazy. God knows how people make a living in retail. My working hours, (excluding breaks and travel time) are 66 hours a week and gross around 22k a year.

Edit: I had been sitting down for an hour or so since I came back and typed the above post in that time. Got up and I was limping. Saturday and from there only do one job a day.
Last edited by John Blaze on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Blaze

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Just remember it's not worthit for your own health mate.
Just be careful.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 am

Last edited by Perfect_Chaos on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby goaliefrk » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 am

Work at a Hookah Lounge in Texas. You could say I'm a hookaholic
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Dorian » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:55 am

Master's degree in history, but fail in life (especially the love one).

Unemployed, heartbroken and - what a surprise - pretty fucking sad because of it.

I still have mild interest in video games, gay sex and cats, though.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Last day on Saturday.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III