Pro Wrestling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby giz_119 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:42 pm

Bluecast wrote:RAW is moving back to USA NOT Upn.

My bad, I didn't really follow the whole thing being from Canada and getting it all on TSN no matter what. It's not a huge deal though, it just be very interesting to see if TNA could lock up that time-slot.
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gu5 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:00 pm

giz_119 wrote:
Bluecast wrote:RAW is moving back to USA NOT Upn.

My bad, I didn't really follow the whole thing being from Canada and getting it all on TSN no matter what. It's not a huge deal though, it just be very interesting to see if TNA could lock up that time-slot.

whats all that about?!

just seen RAW. hogan returns
8) 8) 8)
Gu5
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:03 am

well.. after yesterday night's smackdown the draft is comlete (and the rumours were true).
well.. i guess i'm pretty satisfied with the results. looking forward to matches like Triple H vs Cena... or Chris Masters vs Cena (altho this one won't happen so soon, i guess).. Angle vs Shelton.. and Batista vs Undertaker or even Matt Morgan (for a battle of the beasts)... Benoit chopping away at JBL...
i think it was great, and that the rosters got more evened out (i had the impression before that the Raw roster was a lot better than Smackdown's, and altho i still think it probably is, now they're closer)..

and btw.. will JBL vs Batista be next week?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby giz_119 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:06 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:well.. after yesterday night's smackdown the draft is comlete (and the rumours were true).
well.. i guess i'm pretty satisfied with the results. looking forward to matches like Triple H vs Cena... or Chris Masters vs Cena (altho this one won't happen so soon, i guess).. Angle vs Shelton.. and Batista vs Undertaker or even Matt Morgan (for a battle of the beasts)... Benoit chopping away at JBL...
i think it was great, and that the rosters got more evened out (i had the impression before that the Raw roster was a lot better than Smackdown's, and altho i still think it probably is, now they're closer)..

and btw.. will JBL vs Batista be next week?

I'm unsure about the batista, jbl match, I didn't actually watch smackdown already knowing pretty much what happened.

You make a good point though, Raw definitley had a way better roster. I mean theres no way JBL should have become a major player that fast and the way that he did. The only reason he did is because smackdown didn't have anyone else. I give the man credit though, he's actually quite good on the mic and wrestling skill.... well wrestling skill doesn't seem to matter that much in pro-wrestling as long as you're not reckless in the ring. That's one of the things that's wrong with pro-wrestling in general. Honestly, guys like the rock, austin, hhh, jbl, hogan, they all seem to be a dime a dozen in the ring. I'd rather watch guys who can actually wrestle. Maybe i'm wrong here but does anyone else feel this way?
I suppose I'm a bit of a hypocrite seeing as Christian is my current fav wrestler.
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:39 pm

[quote="giz_119
Honestly, guys like the rock, austin, hhh, jbl, hogan, they all seem to be a dime a dozen in the ring. I'd rather watch guys who can actually wrestle. Maybe i'm wrong here but does anyone else feel this way?
I suppose I'm a bit of a hypocrite seeing as Christian is my current fav wrestler.[/quote]
indeed, l0l.
yea.. i guess they have more charisma and are more like.. entertainers than wrestlers BUT that's exactly what sells, so it'll keep on being like that i guess. of course now and then some new really good wrestlers keep appearing and then, there's a bit of everything for everybody.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:26 pm

i think that the rosters are evend out now.but raw is still the better show by far.IMO,the only superstar thats keeping smackdown from falling is The Undertaker
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby giz_119 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:36 pm

This is a must read article about what we were just talking about regarding TNA and Spike.

http://www.wrestlingplanet.com/wpheadlines/122162688.shtml
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gu5 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:59 pm

im not happy about that. Batista on Smackdown

hes the world heavyweight champion for gods sake

](*,) ](*,)
Gu5
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:10 pm

Dude people have been guessing this would happen for awhile now and only makes sense since John Cena the WWE champion is on Raw now..whats the point of having both belts on one show...it's good because it creates new rivals.

Would you rather have a lame smackdown belt?..that would kill the already hurt S!D which it's ratings are dropping like crazy so much so UPN might put it on friday nights this september instead of thursday.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Gu5 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:24 pm

i see where you are coming from but still. John Cena should have stayed and JBL got drafted and HHH to go to SmackDown
Gu5
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:27 pm

im actually glad cena left smackdown.i hated that damn championship belt he had.at least now smackdown has a good belt now.cena is going to loose that title sooner or later.im guessing he will loose it to Triple H
Last edited by Samanosuke Akechi on Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:32 am

i wonder when edge is going to cash his contract.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby giz_119 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:43 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote:i wonder when edge is going to cash his contract.

Probably sooner rather then later.... id say probably as soon as the fued with kane officially ends and it may have at vengence. It all depends on what the wwe wants to do. They need to get some other superstars into the wwe title picture. It seems like it's been a two-man race for months now... oh that's right it has been! Im glad to see jericho got his shot at vengence, kurt angle could go for it, hbk is there as well and others. But id really really like to see HHH be taken out of the wwe title picture for at least the next 6 months seeing as he's been in it for the past 4 years.

What id really love to see is the wwe build up Christian some more and have him win the world heavyweight title on SD :D
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:18 pm

i hope Benoit gets another good shot at the title. he's "for real" ... but really. he's an incredible hard worker. more than deserved. it'd be a shame he went down in the hall of fame some years from now with just one title reign. also .. maybe having the undertaker being a bit more participative in title disputes.
as for raw... yea.. jericho getting back to having titles would be cool... as well as hbk.. yea.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby landi vs ren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:50 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote:i hope Benoit gets another good shot at the title. he's "for real" ... but really. he's an incredible hard worker. more than deserved. it'd be a shame he went down in the hall of fame some years from now with just one title reign. also .. maybe having the undertaker being a bit more participative in title disputes.
as for raw... yea.. jericho getting back to having titles would be cool... as well as hbk.. yea.

Theres lots of guys who deserve a title shot but have never got one or a good one. I want to see RVD win it but no they will make him go for the IC title. Why have that title at all its not like it was in the old days its just gay now no story to it at all they did't even have it on the line at WM :shock:
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic