What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Supa » Sun May 23, 2010 12:10 am

I am now addicted to Craig Ferguson's Late Late show on CBS.

Hilarious.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sun May 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Just saw the Lost Finale.

Oh man, can't wait to read responses about that.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 24, 2010 2:39 am

............ Fuck LOST.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon May 24, 2010 7:06 am

Didn't watch it but sounded dumb. Haven't watched an episode in years anyway.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Riku Rose wrote:............ Fuck LOST.

Muahahahahaha!

Yeah, that was my friend's response too. He's been following the show since 2005. Good thing I saw it in a two week span.

We laughed our asses off when we found out people have to buy the Blu-ray to access 20 minutes of previously unreleased footage. Supposedly with more "answers" to the questions about the series. Seriously, with the crappy magical elements they shat out I can come up with my own version of the story and declare it canon.

[spoiler]The writers ruined it after Season 4 when they introduced that time travel bullshit, the mythical godly guardians of the island, and that retarded occult subplot. It was so convenient for them to say it was all purgatory and they all died in the plane crash. What hack writers.[/spoiler]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Mon May 24, 2010 12:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsIPZlW5slI
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Kenny™© wrote:

Muahahahahaha!

Yeah, that was my friend's response too. He's been following the show since 2005. Good thing I saw it in a two week span.

We laughed our asses off when we found out people have to buy the Blu-ray to access 20 minutes of previously unreleased footage. Supposedly with more "answers" to the questions about the series. Seriously, with the crappy magical elements they shat out I can come up with my own version of the story and declare it canon.

The writers ruined it after Season 4 when they introduced that time travel bullshit, the mythical godly guardians of the island, and that retarded occult subplot. It was so convenient for them to say it was all purgatory and they all died in the plane crash. What hack writers.

Sorry Ken you got it wrong no one died in a plane crash. What happened on the island happened. Jack died there and then went to Purgatory. Jack's dad said some people died on the island others years after. Also Hurley and Ben talked as if they was on the island for quite some time. What we see at the end was evreyone who had died as shown in the series.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Kenny™© wrote:

Muahahahahaha!

The writers ruined it after Season 4 when they introduced that time travel bullshit, the mythical godly guardians of the island, and that retarded occult subplot. It was so convenient for them to say it was all purgatory and they all died in the plane crash. What hack writers.

I didn't watch it since I didn't get past season 2 but I knew the other spoilers of the show and when I found out the finale I laughed as I knew the lost fans would be shitting themselves more than Sopranos ending or the worst cop out ending of a once loved TV show by many ever.

St. Elseware. After years of watching fans were told to believe all this drama in a hospital took place in a snowglobe and a retarded kids mind. yes I just spoiled a 30 year old show finale..deal with it.
:twisted:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Mon May 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Kenny™© wrote:

Muahahahahaha!

Sorry Ken you got it wrong no one died in a plane crash. What happened on the island happened. Jack died there and then went to Purgatory. Jack's dad said some people died on the island others years after. Also Hurley and Ben talked as if they was on the island for quite some time. What we see at the end was evreyone who had died as shown in the series.

That's worse than what I wrote.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon May 24, 2010 2:11 pm

I love crazy mindfuck stuff, but my problem with Lost after I saw a good amount of it was that the writers obviously initially had no idea where they were going with it.
I could respect it if they had a beginning, middle, and end sort of semi-mapped-out in their heads when it started, but it's obvious they didn't. They just made it up as they went along.
And when you're dealing with mysteries and secrets in a story, it totally ruins everything if you know that they writers didn't even have any ideas of how to answer them from the start.

Having said that now, though, I actually am mildly interested to see where they eventually went with the series, as I completely stopped paying attention to it after a while. I know the writers eventually figured out where they wanted to go with it (though that was at about the mid-point in the series). I saw a couple of clips on youtube from later on, and it was at least a bit intriguing to someone sort of "uninitiated" like me.
One scene that was interesting to me had two guys on a beach, looking out at some sort of 1800s sailing ship (no fucking clue what the relevance was), and they had an interesting little conversation where one guy said something about how things "always end badly". The other guy says "Things only end once. Everything before that is just progress."
I thought that was a great bit of dialogue.
Then it zooms out and shows a huge fucking statue of Anubis.

:shock:
A little weird, but at least I'm intrigued.
Last edited by OL on Mon May 24, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 pm

^Trust me I wouldn't be surprised if they had planned this ending from the start.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Nah we are talking about JJ here.
He is one to say "I got this fucking great idea to start off with!"

But then he loses thought in the middle with some random holy fuck moments and just sorta rushes the rest.
How he does everything.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Really hard to argue my point without spoiling it but trust me I wouldn't be surprised if that ending was planned from day one.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I know the ending and it sounds exactly what JJ always does.

Gets this grand idea,never knows how to wrap it up properly so he throws shock moments in the middle then a ..oh and uh..gee how do i end this...hmmm um. Throws in some off the whim idea and does it'.
he did it for Star Trek,Cloverfield and no surprise LOST did the same thing.
He never truly thinks things through he just does it on a wing as he goes along.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon May 24, 2010 3:52 pm

JJ loves not explaining things. That's his gimmick. That everything is one big mystery even after you see the movie/tv show.

But he was just an executive producer on Lost after the first couple of episodes. I guess he had some input but these two crackpipes were the ones who spearheaded the entire thing:

The ending guaranteed them to get away with most of the shit they wrote. They pulled the oldest audience manipulation trick in the history of anything theatrical to deviate from giving any real answers to some of the unsolved questions. That and I thought it was pretty corny. I don't know if I can recommend Lost beyond the first 3 seasons at least. The first season was excellent, the second was intriguing, the third deviated a bit but was still entertaining, then after that POOP.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic