General Anime Discussion

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: General Anime Discussion

Postby south carmain » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Watched the first 3 episodes of "boku no hero/my hero academia". Pretty interesting so far, feels like a different take on the one punch man universe.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:46 am

"Pilou Asbæk as Batou" - A 34 years old handsome Danish bloke playing a fifty something Japanese man.
"Michael Pitt as Hideo Kuze". Sorry but I can't help but scoff at that a little too. Freaking lol.
And cast Hollywood's most boring/overrated actress to play Mokoto (to cynically sell tickets for it). Oh joy. Not looking forward to this mess.
From the writer of Straight Out of Compton (ugh) and the director of Snow White and the Huntsman (ugh...UGH).

But hey, it's okay, they cast Takeshi Kitano playing a Japanese man, so it's all a-okay. If they're going to whitewash the whole thing they should actually hire some exciting actors/actresses to do that with, as it is, it's probably the most boring cast possible.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:33 pm

http://kotaku.com/the-fullmetal-alchemi ... 1778366743

The Fullmetal Alchemist Live-Action Movie Has an All Japanese Cast

Here we go again. Another anime franchise gone live action movie is being attacked over the races of the cast. "We got offended about the Ghost in the Shell movie not having a japanese cast, so we are obligated to also get offended about Full Metal Alchemist for its all japanese cast"

To get more to the positive stuff, A FMA LIVE ACTION MOVIE!! this could be cool, and despite the japanese cast in "European inspired white people setting", I am glad another anime live action film is being handled by japan and not hollywood, regardless of what race the characters are "supposed" to be. Hopefully we get a trailer soon so we can form a better opinions.

Now onto the controversy and back lash... yay... People are face palming because they think hollywood should have done FMA and japan should have done GitS simply because from a racial stand point it makes more sense and they are pointing out that its backwards... Like the actual talent and directors and movie staff doesnt matter, just where they are from, and if not im shouting racism from the mountain tops... yeah im not exactly buying it. I guess it sheds a different light on the Ghost in the Shell movie now as well.

I still say just let japan do all anime live actions, but hey what do I know? While we are at it, I guess they may as well stop making anime that doesnt take place in japan all together, if the japanese versions cant get the right voice actors to match the race of the characters. Oh btw, they wouldnt be speaking japanese either now would they?... At what point does this go too far and become too much? What do you think of this decision? Is this the opposite of the Ghost in the Shell situation? Opinions below.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:42 pm

^ so like reverse white washing haha. People will get over it. People always want something to cry/complain about man. But WTF "Boy band member Ryosuke Yamada stars as Edward Elric" he looks nothing like him lol looks like a manly female. Horrible casting there.

Right Stuf is releasing even more Gundam on Blu-Ray. Couple movies and series. I need to really start buying these before they are gone. Need to sell some of my old DVD's.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/ ... rds=gundam
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:12 pm

The only live action movie that offemded me was the gto one because they didn't dye onizuka's hair blond in it. It just seemed like such a huge detail to disregard and made me autistically unable to enjoy the movie.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Zoltor » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm rewatching Kingdom, what a masterpiece :) One of the small handful of high end Greats, I really wish this would get a season 3.

After that, I'm probally going to rewatch The Legend of Condor Hero, another high end Great.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Calshot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:47 am

I've been watching Cyborg 009. They used to show it on Cartoon Network when I was a kid, but they either stopped after 15 episodes or I just missed the rest of it. If anything, it's better than I remembered.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby InsanityIsCrazy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:19 pm

I dug deep into my Crunchyroll account and found some gems: Space Adventure Cobra, DALLOS, Galaxy Express 999 and ALL THE LUPINS.

Also watched the available BERSERK's. I'm trying hard to adjust to the CG style.
InsanityIsCrazy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: InsanityIsCrazy
Currently playing: Some Gizmo

Postby Ziming » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:35 am

Currently watching this on-going puppet anime series called Thunderbolt Fantasy. I went into it with very low expectations since they are using puppets but it slowly started growing on me. Very surprised at the production value in the special effects, choreography, and camera shots. Besides those aspects the character dialogue and interactions with each other is very witty/satirical.

phpBB [video]

http://kissanime.to/Anime/Thunderbolt-Fantasy

Ziming has received a thanks from: Bambi
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Bambi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Ziming wrote: Currently watching this on-going puppet anime series called Thunderbolt Fantasy. I went into it with very low expectations since they are using puppets but it slowly started growing on me. Very surprised at the production value in the special effects, choreography, and camera shots. Besides those aspects the character dialogue and interactions with each other is very witty/satirical.

phpBB [video]

http://kissanime.to/Anime/Thunderbolt-Fantasy

That's really neat. :-o
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mr357 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:13 am

I'm so tempted to go for this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Initial-D-Millennium-Box-5-CDs-Super-EuroBeat-Collection-Soundtrack-Music-Anime-/232072187213?hash=item3608948d4d:g:WYkAAOSw2GlXI-fS

I don't think I could ever bring myself to open it though, especially since I already have bootleg copies of all of the included CD's.

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, myshtuff
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:15 pm

It was long over due but I finally started watching the new 2016 Berserk anime. I checked out Episodes 1 and 2 which were honestly pretty darn cool, and some parts of the animation I like, some I dont, the whole cel shaded/regular animation hybrid thing is okay but I feel it takes as much as it gives since makes it look different in certain parts and there is no continuity in the animation BUT the cel shaded parts do look great in parts too and it reminds me a bit of Valkyria Chronicles, also some of the characters look way too stiff during the cel shaded bits at times, but I still highly enjoyed what I watched. I stopped at episode 2 and decided it wise to check out the more recent OVAs, it seems like these new animes really jump around from the manga. I may go back and watch the original show again once im all caught up with these new versions just for old times sake.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:19 am

phpBB [video]
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:02 am

Was just about to post that. Still cant really form an opinion, but I still think Miss Scarlet just doesnt fit the role. At the very least some of those shots looked like the film may be aesthetically sound. I especially liked the look of the room where Kusanagi is unhooking herself from the cables, it will be an achievement if they at least get the look of everything right and so far that part doesnt seem too off. Awaiting full trailer.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Shippuden finale Thursday. Going to be an hour long event. OH GOD IT'S FINALLY ENDING.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic