The Future of the US seems kinda Bleek

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby b_ren » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:58 am

Staplerfahrer Klaus wrote:
B_Ren wrote:Then you can argue the fact that the monarchy bring in more money than what they are given ;) for example through tourism or the fact they do a lot of charity work.

I've heard the one about tourism before, but I still doubt it. I don't see how the royals attract tourists in any way.

The Monarchy is probably the biggest tourist attraction in the UK (and the UK practically lives on tourism)

Staplerfahrer Klaus wrote:On the whole charity thing- if the money the royals spend on it is spent instead by the Government, it'll make no difference in the long run, and less will be wasted on this band of bureaucrats.

Yes but its matter of opinion again :P . The money could go to the Government to invest in these things but you won’t see anyone from the government spreading awareness or actually working with the charities. But I’m going to stop here because it’s going off topic and I’m not really bothered in posting in this topic.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:25 pm

B_Ren wrote:The Monarchy is probably the biggest tourist attraction in the UK (and the UK practically lives on tourism).

Ehh... I think the UK survives more on financial organizations than anything else. Anyway, I don't think it is necessary for the royals to continue to have a huge income or power to survive.
Yes but its matter of opinion again . The money could go to the Government to invest in these things but you won’t see anyone from the government spreading awareness or actually working with the charities.

Of course the government wouldn't invest in the actual charities, but with the royals out of the way, more tax money could be invested for the good of all people- not just a bunch of bureaucrats who do jack shit.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Realillusion » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Theres some smart people on this topic. I learned lots from it. Thanks guys.
Realillusion
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 am

Gamer2
Se whats what im talking about its a Silent Invasion

You just don't like other races because you think they're ugly.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Brandon_ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:36 am

Blade Runner wrote:Gamer2
Se whats what im talking about its a Silent Invasion

You just don't like other races because you think they're ugly.

heh..
Well, personally foreigners annoy me because I have a hard time understanding them a lot. It's almost impossible for me to understand latin, Indian accents. I went to McDonalds in atlanta georgia about 2 years ago. There was a mexican working at the register. She read me my order 3 times before I finally told her just to print me a recipte.
Brandon_
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Previous

Return to Off Topic