Weird Dreams?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Weird Dreams?

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:04 pm

I had the trippiest dream ever last night. Where, I found myself in this car with a bunch of average joes that I'd never seen before. And all of a sudden, the guy sitting next to me said something like, "He's catching up". And as I looked behind me, everything was collapsing. Then I was told off him that we were being chased by the "eye in the sky". That's right...God, of all things, was chasing us. Why? I didn't even know yet. So there we were, being chased by God, who was absolutely relentless. I didn't see what God looked like yet, since we were speeding around everywhere, and I kind of didn't want to look, since I was terrified. I mean, who wouldn't be? Whilst we were all shitting ourselves, I found out that we had God's money. That's right, God was trying to get his money back. This was one vengeful God, all right. Eventually, we stopped the car, as we ran out of fuel. Everybody stayed in the car. But then for some reason, I got out, realising that we were stealing his money, I got it out of the car and said that "I'm sorry" and offered it back to him.

Finally getting a glimpse of God, I could see that he was this giant, how to describe this...erm, this giant collection of eyes, lined up alongside one another, it's too hard to describe really. Not what you'd imagine God looking like, at all. He kept shape-shifting into all of these really fucking crazy beings. Then I woke up. Fuck knows what that all means, or where the hell all of that came from (I'm not a drug taker, however, it was like some otherworldly experience), I just love talking about these insane dreams, that I seem to have quite often. I'm interested if anyone else has had any trippy dreams as well? Please share.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby FRASIER » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:12 pm

I have the repetitive themes scenario, such as I have always wanted to fly (Superman movies being the inspiration behind that one), so in some way or means I am usually flying somehow, weird?
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Well, ive had alot of freaky ass dreams, but dont remember most of them.

I do remember a few

I fell into a deep lake and drowned in one, that dream felt too real, i thought it was fucking real.

There was this one from ages ago where a car full of clowns was chasing me.

Ive had some where mt alarm clock was going off but i thought it was part of the dream so i didnt even notice my alarm clock was going off.

I have deja vu dreams alot, those are freaky, and people dont believe in those, im a true believer as ive exprienced it my whole life. Ill see a vision and people will be talking, and a few days or even weeks later my vision will have everything in the dream and people will be saying the exact things i heard in the dream.

I truly wish people could video tape their dreams, lol.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Mythical Being » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 pm

I haven't dreamt in ages but they are usually fairly apocalyptic. I used to have numerous dreams involving tidal waves. Not normal tidal waves either, waves that reached the sky. I'd never die strangely enough, I'd just be running from them while all around me was getting encompassed. Another one I had recently was where the moon itself was falling out of the sky and crumbling apart, for some odd reason causing everyone on Earth to turn into some kind of rabid state. Again, me running away but from zombie types this time.

Must sound like a right emo, but these dreams are strangle not scary in any way and although they deal with the destruction of the world they're almostlike a fun adventure. Certainly far from a nightmare.
Mythical Being
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:30 pm

I have dreams quite a lot, most of em wet ones

In that they involve water...

Like once i had a dream i jumped off of a cliff and landed on a giant banana in the ocean...100% true.

A few nights back i had a dream i was swimming in the river Cam (In cambridge) and drinking a bottle of coke whilst doing it, not entirely sure why.

I dream about different people quite a lot too, like if someone's on my mind i'll see them shrouded in black, much like the Shen Hua dreams we see in shenmue. All the dreams need is that song "Dreams" playing in the background :P
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Smeghead » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:11 pm

I had one the other night where we had bought a huge mansion which previously belonged to George Michael (I have no idea why, it was a dream), and he sold it for ridiculously low for such a big place. Turns out it was haunted, and I went around hunting the ghosts.

On a similar subject, I love dreams that continue on from older dreams, or have something in them that you had in an older one. Barely ever happens though.
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spokane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 pm

GREATMADMAN wrote:I have dreams quite a lot, most of em wet ones :P

Ummm, yeah. I read that and thought you were talking about wet dreams, not the water kind either.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:29 pm

I once wet my bed 'cos I dreamt I was pissing in a toilet. True story.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby ToL » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:56 pm

I had a recurring dream when I was little, where my room was an utter pigsty. In the middle of all the mess was this small round black hole where something or someone would just scream like mad out of it. I'd end up jumping down from the top of a bunkbed and scream right back into it, and the surroundings would shake. Really, really odd. That dream used to terrify me.
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Clint » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:02 pm

I suffer from occasional sleep paralysis.

You don't ever want to get it, belive me.

And no, it's not bullshit.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby DockeN » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:29 pm

^^ OMFG dude! I had an experience with that once before... It was just a tiny case of it, but it was enough to scare the fuck out of me.

Every day last semester, after my 9 am class, I would walk to the campus library and fall asleep in one of the comfy chairs they had since I could never manage to get my full 8 hours of sleep the previous night. I fall asleep one day, as always, I was curled up like a cat (I'm guessing I somehow pinched a nerve or blood vessel.... I don't know, I'm not a doctor) and when I woke up, only my eyes opened. I had my head laying against my arm, and my knees were tucked up into my stomach, and my eyes were looking around. I started making attempts to move my head off of my arm, but I couldn't move it. I tried moving my legs, no luck. After about 5-10 seconds (which doesn't seem like a lot of time, but it is when you think your going to be paralyzed for the rest of your life) I start to try and scream, but nothing would come out because I couldn't move my mouth. Again, I sat like this for about 10 seconds, completely paralyzed with the exception of my eyes...

Then all of a sudden, slowly I began to regain the ability to move my limbs and head. This was a bigger relief than busting a nut after 2 weeks of church camp.
DockeN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tobo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:14 pm

I know the feeling of sleep paralysis, it's scary stuff! I don't get them too often, but the trick is to stay calm and relax as much as you can.

I woke up last weekend and couldn't feel my right arm. No, it wasn't that it was just numb, I actually couldn't feel a thing with it. I picked it up and bit it and felt nothing. I turned around, put my arm over the side of the bed and slowly massaged it with my left arm until the feeling gradually came back. It's such a weird feeling too, almost like the bone is being inserted back into the arm from the shoulder down.

That had me freaked for a little while, but it recovered 100%.
Tobo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Clint » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:18 pm

^Yeah man that's Sleep Paralysis alright. (In response to Docken)

You are asleep with your eyes open. You have control over your eyes but no other part of your body. Occasionally you will see things move, shadows etc. It's fucking scary stuff.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits but believe me when I say i've been dragged from one side of my bed to another. And I swear to god I wasn't moving my limbs. My close friend also suffers from it, and he says he's been dragged all over his bedroom.

I might get it two or three times a year. As scary as it is, i'm now comfortable with it.

What usually happens in my case, I sleep on my side and when paralysis occurs, it feels like i'm getting sucked into my pillow. I try my hardest to move my head off the pillow but it won't budge and sometimes I get sucked back into sleep with my eyes closed.

I want to record myself getting dragged across my bed, because it's the most unexplainable event that's ever occurred in my life.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Spokane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Ive had Sleep Paralysis also, Ive also had a few cases i couldent open my eyes when i wanted to during a dream, thats probably some kind of paraysis too.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby HappyKillmore » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Clint wrote:
I don't believe in ghosts or spirits but believe me when I say i've been dragged from one side of my bed to another.

Believe it, i could tell you some scary stuff. Though i won't go into it at risk of having the shit ripped out of me :roll:
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Next

Return to Off Topic