What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby OL » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Calshot wrote: Image
WATCHA

That first episode was amazing. Thirteen years since it went off the air, and they haven't missed a beat. Same sense of fun, same exact focus on visual storytelling, etc, just a tiny bit darker and more grown up (that scene of all the living corpses floating down the river looked amazing).
Loved that Sammie Davis Jr-esque villain too.

OL has received a thanks from: myshtuff
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 am

^ Have you been watching Iron Fist yet?

Or anyone else?

Edit: So, I've seen the first episode, and it's pretty cool so far. The villains seem pretty generic but solid, the Game of Thrones dude does a great job playing a really likable Danny Rand, the Kung Fu is pretty cool to watch, the soundtrack is solid (hiphop always mixes well with Kung Fu).. couldn't find any indication of it being worse than the other Marvel Netflix shows. If anything, the other shows were overhyped and rated too generously when they came out. I gotta watch more to really be able to form an opinion of course, but so far, so good.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Tue May 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Last night's episode of Better Call Saul was one of the finest episodes of television I've ever had the privelidge to watch. Just sensationally electric, and like nothing else on TV. Since the first season, I've always said I prefer this to Breaking Bad, and with each season, I feel more and more vindicated by that. Rarely I watch a TV episode again outside of a major plot twist or finale, but I've watched "Chicanery" twice already, and it's worth of a third.

Incidentally on that note, I will definitely be giving this weeks Doctor Who episode, "Knock-Knock" another watch, solely due to the performance of the great David Suchet in it.

Peter has received a thanks from: Sokora
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby shredingskin » Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 pm

I can't fucking wait for twin peaks, even I think it'll suck.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: sand4fish
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby John Doom » Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Lately I'm watching "The X-Files" on tv.
I'm waiting for "Twin Peaks" too, as well as "1993" :)
John Doom
Master of the Three Blades

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby dbzruler88 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:58 am

I'm watching a few right now. I'm watching Designated Survivor, Timeless, The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and I think that's it right now.

dbzruler88 has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am

dbzruler88 wrote: I'm watching a few right now. I'm watching Designated Survivor,

I think that is a surprisingly excellent show. Maggie Q is pretty good in it, though the last thing I watched with her in it was Nikita (which I also enjoyed lot), so keep expecting her to be better at fighting than she is in Designated Survivor, though to be fair she has kicked some ass and done some lockpicking already, and has been a sort of shadowy force operating a secret mission in plain sight, so not a million miles away from Nikita either...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: dbzruler88
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Sat May 13, 2017 3:41 pm

shredingskin wrote: I can't fucking wait for twin peaks, even I think it'll suck.

My favourite ever, though I was too young at the time to appreciate it. My expectations are low as well for the new season, but I think I ll love it no matter what.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dbzruler88 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:44 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
dbzruler88 wrote: I'm watching a few right now. I'm watching Designated Survivor,

I think that is a surprisingly excellent show. Maggie Q is pretty good in it, though the last thing I watched with her in it was Nikita (which I also enjoyed lot), so keep expecting her to be better at fighting than she is in Designated Survivor, though to be fair she has kicked some ass and done some lockpicking already, and has been a sort of shadowy force operating a secret mission in plain sight, so not a million miles away from Nikita either...

I missed the last few episodes, but finally got caught up last night. The show does an awesome job of making you want more. There's a huge turn of events and then BAM credits. I think it is moving at a great pace too.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Sokora » Mon May 15, 2017 8:15 pm

The Handmaid's Tale

Based on a book that my lady considers one of her favourite reads. I haven't read the book so expected it to be some stupid girly claptrap but fuck me it's dope.

Get involved.
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 pm

dbzruler88 wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:

I missed the last few episodes, but finally got caught up last night. The show does an awesome job of making you want more. There's a huge turn of events and then BAM credits. I think it is moving at a great pace too.

You watched the finale yet? It was pretty awesome, and she had a properly brutal fight too!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sat May 20, 2017 10:39 pm

sand4fish wrote:
shredingskin wrote: I can't fucking wait for twin peaks, even I think it'll suck.

My favourite ever, though I was too young at the time to appreciate it. My expectations are low as well for the new season, but I think I ll love it no matter what.

Well, after various recaps and fastforwarding some episodes I'm actually pretty hyped because of of the "see you in 25 years" stuff, seems it was a lingering idea even back then...
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby RyoShenmue » Mon May 22, 2017 2:07 am

I enjoy wathing all the Star Trek series reruns on Hereos and Icons.  Although I never really got into the original or the last one so far, Enterprise.  But it did allow me to see the ones I may have missed before or see some classic ones again.

The Avengers on Cozi TV, although it just recently restarted the entire series and I am finding the original season boring.  The others with the two new ladies much better and much more fun to watch, no pun intended.

And of course British comedies!  Black Books, Are You Being Served, Open All Hours, The Good Neighbors, Red Dwarf, Time Goes By, Keeping Up Appearances, Spy, The IT Crowd, Moone Boy, etc.
RyoShenmue
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby sand4fish » Mon May 22, 2017 2:52 am

Twin Peaks is back! Though I doubt it will find success in the mainstream as the new season is more in tone with the prequel movie (Fire walk with me) than any of the previous two seasons. I love it. This is David Lynch weird tension and horror all the way.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby John Doom » Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am

:( I'll have to wait until friday to finally watch Twin Peaks. Well if it's like the movie like you said, than I probably won't be disappointed :)
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic