Automotive Discussion

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Automotive Discussion

Postby Bambi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Was diagnosing a problem with my car when I found this review of it.

2001 Ford Fiesta 1.3 from UK and Ireland
Model year 2001
Year of manufacture 2001
First year of ownership 2007
Engine and transmission 1.3 Manual
Performance marks 2 / 10
Reliability marks 8 / 10
Comfort marks 5 / 10
Running Costs (higher is cheaper) 6 / 10
Overall marks (average of all marks)
5.3 / 10
Distance when acquired 25000 miles
Most recent distance 30000 miles

Summary:

The car with no brakes or engine

Faults:

The car has never given any trouble due to low miles from old person that had it before. It seems to have only been driven to church.

General Comments:

The car looks a little stupid looking and too girly. The car does have a good amount of room inside it. Despite a small car, you can fit just about most things in it. The boot is not too bad either.

The ride is typical of a small car of this type, and the gearbox is so awful; it feels as vague as driving blind. You never seem to know if you put the car into gear, until you realize you didn't and the car is now slowing down.

Which ever way the pedals were designed, the accelerator only seems to move about 1mm; whether this was simply to accurately represent the performance of this motor I can only assume. The rev counter is also absent, so you instead of knowing what rpm you are doing, you are given the joys of a white traced car where green arrows flash to show if you are indicating; much more useful I think.

The engine seems to be based on a under powered lawn motor engine. There is no horsepower at any point in the rev band. Simply going through the rev band rewards you as the car gives less and less. At about 5500 rpm the downward rev graph would read about 3 bhp. One could argue well less performance will equal better mpg! Wrong, one would assume that this car could easy see a 45plus mpg, but since the engine needs to be worked so hard it seems to drink fuel. Motorway driving is simply pointless; any attempts to overtake a lorry will leave you for 13 minutes in the overtaking lane going backwards.

The brakes I find really poor. I am used to more expensive cars, and thus I think this is why I found the brakes so poor. I took the car into the garage explaining the car would not stop. He checked through this fault too, then a few hours later explain there was in-fact no fault. I then changed my driving style to start braking about 6 miles before the on-coming round-about.

Kit for this car is fairly basic. But has airbags; a big plus when you can't stop for that Passat in-front which braked.

Overall the car has a quite useful space. With airbags as standard it seems up to date.

It is a low insurance group, which I can't understand, since they have no brakes. It has not fallen apart like the previous model. But it suffers a stupid cute looking smiley face, which lacks the aggressive look of the previous model.

Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 28th June, 2008

:rotflmao:

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Mr357
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:34 am

Lmao its been awhile since I actually laughed out loud to the point the person in the other room thought their was something bad happening to me.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Ryuuji95 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:35 am

75' Suzuki GT750. Fast and loud. for all i know i get a awesome ride out of it....im a biker nerd. :devillaugh:

Ryuuji95 has received a thanks from: Bambi
Ryuuji95
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fury7493
XBL: HazukiXL64
Steam: AkiraXL64
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5: FS

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Thats a sick bike. Id love to have one of those someday actually. Very classy.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Ryuuji95 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Axm wrote: Thats a sick bike. Id love to have one of those someday actually. Very classy.

thank you. my old one though was given to my brother. GS400.

Ryuuji95
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yama » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Dope bike.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Ryuuji95 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Yama wrote: Dope bike.

thank you.
Ryuuji95
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Bambi » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Bambi has received a thanks from: Axm
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 pm

So gold. I love the comments section.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:11 pm

If that was a few years ago then the car has most probably been written off by now..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Alright guys... I have good news and I have bad news.

The bad news: I got in a accident in my WRX a few weeks ago and the front drivers side fender, front bumper and hood got banged up :sad:

The good news: I just bought this JDM HID head lamp Bug eye front end conversion for it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151718537149?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I am really nervous about this, its gonna look sick as fuck once it is on and painted, but I made a similar decision when my old s13 240sx was initially wrecked and I threw on the s13 silvia front end and painted the car blue, then a couple months later it got totaled in an accident that wasnt even my fault... Im hoping i didnt make the same mistake again... [-o<
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 pm

^ So this ended up blowing up in my face, but in a different way this time... So I bought that fancy JDM front end conversion for my 2002 WRX, and my car wont crank when the shop tried to move the vehicle to put the damn thing on. Long story short my car is fucked and compression in the motor is off im assuming from the accident I had. </3

Now im trying to shop for another car, probably something more practical so im looking at Subaru Legacies and Toyota Camrys from the last generation of each model, the Camry is 2006-2011 range and the Legacy is 2009-2014. I will be using the car probably to go from city to city to do my work this summer, its possible I may be traveling all over the country to work gigs and I know these cars are prime time for fuel efficiency/reliability. I am trying to weigh the options of each one, I know the Camrys will be cheaper to get work done on, but the legacy will be a little bit cheaper insurance, but a little more pricey because they are newer, there is a larger selection of Camrys about, but Legacy has all wheel drive (which I may need depending on what part of the country im in). What do you guys think? Is there another sensible option in the mid size sedan range im not considering? I NEED A CAR SOON and im getting tired of my tuner cars taking the piss. Any ideas that may help?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:46 am

If you're doing big distances between cities, a diesel VW or Audi would not use that much fuel and after all the negative publicity I'd imagine aren't worth very much to buy now? ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: If you're doing big distances between cities, a diesel VW or Audi would not use that much fuel and after all the negative publicity I'd imagine aren't worth very much to buy now? ;-)

I second this. I've always heard very good things about diesel compacts (the Jetta, for example). The only problems might be the smell and noise.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:13 pm

European cars in general aren't that reliable though, so if cost of maintenance is a factor, the Toyota or Subaru would probably be a better bet. EDIT ALSO, if he's used to racy Japanese engines, he'd probably hate the max power at 4500-ish rpm characteristic of diesels like those ones.
I like the Legacy, it's a classy car in a non-pretentious kinda way, sorta like how old Volvos used to be, and the 4wd system in them is pretty capable, and near unstoppable in normal "bad" snow conditions if also on winter tyres. I had to Google the Camry since they don't sell them here, but it looks like a nice and spacious inter-city barge too.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to Off Topic