Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Good luck Peter!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Best of luck Peter, we're here if you need to talk it through, especially since those first few days/weeks can be challenging but you can do it! Persist no matter the many relapses, never let your ego beat yourself up about it and then go at it again and again, and with that, you will 'receive a skill to succeed' ;-)

https://youtu.be/Cy970gQNKXI

Let's get sweaty!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Peter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 pm

I have to smoke for 2 weeks. It's part of the medication. You begin by taking 2 tablets a day and set a quit date for 2 weeks. The medication kills the receptors in the brain that make you addicted to nicotine but it takes time. So for 2 weeks it's business as usual but as the 2 weeks goes I should find myself winding down without any real knowing of it. Apparently anyways. Will find out soon enough!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Raithos
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby redline » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Peter wrote: I can't get the paranoia out of my head now though. It's planted in there every time I take a puff.

sometimes paranoia can be helpful, it stopped me smoking skunk. i haven't touched the stuff (or any drug) for 13 years.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Peter wrote:I have to smoke for 2 weeks. It's part of the medication. You begin by taking 2 tablets a day and set a quit date for 2 weeks. The medication kills the receptors in the brain that make you addicted to nicotine but it takes time. So for 2 weeks it's business as usual but as the 2 weeks goes I should find myself winding down without any real knowing of it. Apparently anyways. Will find out soon enough!

Sounds good, hoping that it works out for you. I just don't want you to ever feel that this is a small step, it isn't, deciding and actively wanting to do this is big, never forget that. I wish more of the people close to me in real life could muster the courage to make such an act.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 am

Smoke proper cigs pal. Goes better with beer n brews anyway.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 am

I would if it wasn't so fucking expensive. I do miss those little things about a real one, like that taste when you first light it up, holding the cig properly, that it blows out like "proper" smoke. That joy of having a full pack, and feeling like the world's gonna end when you look in the box and see that last one left.

But in saying that, I've cut back the alcohol as well. No matter what I drank, I would usually start to get a bad migrane about half way through the session. Dunno if it's cuz I am getting older butility things definitely feel different. Like the smoke, the drink, even people are different. It's hard to describe, but it's like I am starting to find stuff to change. Must be getting my mid life crisis early.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 am

Just go to the pub n find someone who gets baccy on duty free. Tenner per 50g of Amber Leaf, a quid for a five pack of rizzla, and a quid for 120 extra slim filters. You can get a shit ton more for a quid at a market n'all. I stopped with that e-cig shite coz it's genuinely cheaper to smoke. That plus the fact anyone who "vapes" (ugh...) looks an utter bellend anyway.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 am

That's irony if it. My da used to do the runs back and forth from Benidorm a couple of times a year with cheap smoke. But I got him onto his puffer and that was all she wrote. Fella hasn't rolled one in about 2 years.

I will see how these tablets go and hopefully that's me off it all. Could use the money in my pocket. Even the oil for vape costs me about 250 a year.

Peter has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Peter wrote: I can't get the paranoia out of my head now though. It's planted in there every time I take a puff. See how these tablets go and fingers crossed that's me sorted. Also hope it sorts my snoring out since it drives her nuts.

I saw that news story too, but kinda dismissed it as media hyperbole going for the worst and most negative possible headline and story relating to something that's popular.
(like how every food or drink that's popular "causes cancer" at some time or another)

Either way though...if you hold onto it REALLY tightly, if it explodes you should be able to stop pieces flying into your mouth. I may buy a pair of asbestos gloves to use with it too.
;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Yea that's what I was gonna say. I don't wanna lose my wanking hand man. Id rather have half a face than lose the hand that gives me the most pleasure. I will never be a leftie.

Peter has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Quitting smoking is fucking hard, I've (kinda) overcome alcohol, but I still smoke like a fucking chimney (almost 60 per day), one night I ran out and I was walking on walls. I'll try to quit this year, but I'm still not mentally ready.

I think my shoulder has healed, but I'm still wondering if I should cut or bulk, I've been eating quite a lot more since new year but I'm still in the same weight. And I'm kinda afraid I fuck my shoulder again if I start lifting.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Well I start these meds tomorrow so I will keep you updated. But this isn't nicotine patches or any of that over the counter shite. This is the hardcore treatment that the doctors will only give you if you are that bad and have exhausted every option. I can't be arsed with that so I found a reputable medication site, fill in a self certification form on their site, pay a big chunk of change (150 for a 6 week supply. Supposed to need 12 bit I've read you don't need that amount), and essentially you are given the pills as if you have went private.

Essentially they kill off the addiction part of the brain so it must work. But I will start in the morning and keep you updated. But either way, you have to want to quit. That's key. I do, I loathe the thing now. I don't even enjoy it but I am fucking hooked. Time to change that.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:08 pm

I hope it works for you, smoking is one of the dumbest and most shitty things you can willingly do to your body.

EDIT: You should really keep in contact with a doctor though, some of those drugs can fuck with your brain pretty hard, having urge to suicide is one of the most common side-effects (at least according to a friend that was doing a threatment like that to stop smoking).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Had to put my cat down today. Like a pansy I was in tears.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic