Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:02 am

Peter wrote: Dunno about Thursday. I will see how I feel so sorry in advance. But thanks Flagship.

It's crazy how life plods along and we are always learning. Especially about women. Turns out it's just luck. I can be the most loyal, giving caring guy and even though she apologises over and over, turns out she is just damaged goods. Carrying over all the heartache from a past relationship that she would never talk about. In the end, it didn't matter what I did or said, I could never make her forget about her past and make her happy. Just goes to show you can do everything right and literally be that perfect guy women cry for, and it's still not enough.

I'm staying single for the rest of my life and pick up the odd fuck buddy from now on. I can't go through that rubbish again.

Sorry to hear that, Pete. You never know what the future holds so I'd say never say never. Can't go wrong with fuck buddies either. Your choice ;-)
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 am

Yea but it will be a while before I even get to that stage. Just gonna go through the motions over the next few months. Become a hermit and blend in with the shadows.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby redline » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:30 pm

..i strongly believe if china passed a type of animal rights laws, it would have a trickle down effect and within a generation the chinese people would care more about each other.

(something i keep thinking about when reading about animal abuse in china)
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:47 pm

If China passed an animal rights law nothing would change because it would not be enforced and no business would care. Just like with labor laws and environmental laws.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Some of the stuff I've heard China do to animals are so disgusting, vile and evil. Honestly put me off visiting the place.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:20 pm

It would be crazy if Rey ended up being related to palpatine or some shit.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Some of the stuff I've heard China do to animals are so disgusting, vile and evil. Honestly put me off visiting the place.

I've seen many videos of natives in their country not giving a damn about their own people. They often run over children with their careless driving habits. In fact what they do after hitting someone is go in reverse running them over again to make sure their dead. This way they don't have to deal any long-term financial responsibilities. With this type uncaring attitude they for sure won't give a damn about animals. The stereotype of bad driving and eating dogs isn't exaggerated.

Why drivers in China intentionally kill the pedestrians they hit
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ina_s.html
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:59 pm

China is a weird place, I think I ate dog in a place, but not really sure, it certainly wasn't cow or chicken.
They just shove people out of the way all of the time, spit on streets (because pollution I guess, I also started to cough a lot and I'm a chain smoker).

phpBB [video]

WTF I'm hearing.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sand4fish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Thank Mao and his Cultural Revolution for the current state China sits in. Tbh the real Chinese culture (that has been preserved from its former empire) is only available outside the Mainland, specifically in Hong Kong and Taiwan. That is specially evident when China even scratches out its own traditional and complex writing system (which carries history and culture itself) in favor of a simplified version for the masses.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Yeah, Taiwan I see as a separate place, same goes for Tibet which also looks really nice (I like Buddhism and think the way of life seems nice). I was being really stereotypical when I made my comments, I think they were better reserved for the Mainland China that enforces their rule thanks to Mao and those who came after him. The likes of Tibet, Taiwan, certain parts of Hong Kong etc seem nice. Still wouldn't want to pay into a government that treats its inhabitants (both Human and Animal) so shitty. It is no wonder Tibet, Hong Kong and Taiwan want independence.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Im legit sick for the first time in like a decade. Like can't do much else other than lay in bed and hate life sick. I forgot how much being sick sucks, gotta take better care of myself.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 am

Ziming has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:09 am

What if what we hate and what we love will... both... ruin us? :-k
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:31 am

Sonikku wrote: What if what we hate and what we love will... both... ruin us? :-k

Yu Suzuki Illuminati CONFIRMED.

BTW https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterin ... mation_Act

The ministry of truth is in full effect, and I guess that with the dislike Trump has for the press, shit is gonna get "weird".

So in a way, both guys were right (always bet on a dystopia).

shredingskin has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:Im legit sick for the first time in like a decade. Like can't do much else other than lay in bed and hate life sick. I forgot how much being sick sucks, gotta take better care of myself.

It does actually suck right? Like you get off work legit like an angel but in the end you are a piece of garbage who would in the end, rather go to work. Stay strong.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic