The reunion topic.

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The reunion topic.

Postby James Brown » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 pm

It's weird to think that we've all sort of grown up with each other with this whole Shenmue saga eh, I know most of us, like myself left for a long period of time, and now we're back hence this reunion topic, but the memories I have of this place back in the day and the fact that I keep forgetting my best friends birthday, but I can remember all you guy's names is testament to what we have had over the past 15 years as a community. Hopefully things going well, we'll be still here in 15 more years time aswell :), near 50 year old potential grandparents hahaha
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby FiNS » Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 am

Many of your avatars I remember... it is slowly coming back to me. Life has been all over the place for me. My many attempts at adulting have been unsuccessful but I continue to try. Still playing guitar, just not as much as I would like... When I was younger I started taking JKD and exploring other obscure fighting systems- of course being inspired as a child by Shenmue- after a long period of not fighting, I am currently doing BJJ. Which I have only been doing for a brief period of time, but it is one of the highest truths I have come to know... I am drinking that koolaid hard. Ha. Anyways. I hope you are all well and will continue to be well in your future endeavors.

FiNS has received a thanks from: Bluecast
FiNS
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Dec 2003, yeah you're proper OG! 8)
Did your name not have the "S" on the end before? I vaguely remember a "Fin".

I also think it's nice to see Bluecast posting again, good that you seem to be doing better now, dude! :tup:

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bluecast
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Fri May 26, 2017 3:10 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Not too bad. It's weird, I started posting on here at a time of my life that now seems "awesome" so is viewed with a lot of nostalgia, but also when the "internet" and forums were kinda new and crazy and people who trolled could be highly funny because back then you may not have seen that particular stunt yet. Definitely fun times. A lot of us are quite cynical old cunts now. :lol:

Your not kidding, I used to get involved sorts of stupid shit happening on this forum during the troll years. In a way its a good thing and I'm glad I got it out my system in the early days of the internet and forums. These days kids are growing with Facebook/youtube and posting all sort of shit for the world to see which they are definitely going to regret in later life :lol:

b_ren has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, St. Elmo's Fire
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Hopefully we all got the bullshit out of our systems by now. I'm 34 years old. I may have a inner child but no place to be childish at my age. It's crazy how some of us joined as teens or early 20s. Silas was the oldest member then at 39. 39 to a 20 year old is a lifetime away. Now it's just 4 years away. I don't even type in blue anymore. I mean I think it would look neat and all and oddly trend I kinda started. These days I am hesitant to do it as I don't want to give others a reminder of the Ryudo days. A name I have stopped using everywhere I can until PSN let's us change IDs.

Side note I find is funny 2003 is now OG. Back then if you did not join in 2000 you were not OG.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Yeah well I joined in about 2003 myself, so conveniently left that out! ;-)

About the whole Ryudo thing, let's just put that down and never mention those times again...

St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Fri May 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Bluecast wrote: Hopefully we all got the bullshit out of our systems by now. I'm 34 years old. I may have a inner child but no place to be childish at my age. It's crazy how some of us joined as teens or early 20s. Silas was the oldest member then at 39. 39 to a 20 year old is a lifetime away. Now it's just 4 years away. I don't even type in blue anymore. I mean I think it would look neat and all and oddly trend I kinda started. These days I am hesitant to do it as I don't want to give others a reminder of the Ryudo days. A name I have stopped using everywhere I can until PSN let's us change IDs.

Side note I find is funny 2003 is now OG. Back then if you did not join in 2000 you were not OG.

Yeah it was early teens for me and it was a crazy time- just didn't have a care in the world. Reading any post I made back then is just pure criiiiinge, I think I remember a couple of stupid arguments with Silas, he must have thought I was right thick idiot :shock:

b_ren has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, St. Elmo's Fire
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:27 pm

I uncovered some old gems.

My Shenmue sig I once sported.

This is when everyone one day edited their avatars to look like a site admin since back then was easy to do. If I recall it was pretty funny. Maybe somewhere in 2004.

My first avatar.

Sonikku might remember this. :lol:

Peter made these back when he hosted the awards.

I don't remember why this was made but I guess in 2004 The Sonic members were a stable.

Jeff (then known as Congo) Had his freewebs Shennews site. This was his best "fake news" story. :rotflmao: 2005? Maybe 2006?

Finally this. I forgot all about this. Seemingly I made it in 2003. I have no idea why.

I found more stuff in a random folder but this is more than enough garbage. I have no idea how I still have this.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Wow, those bring back memories!

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, St. Elmo's Fire
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:23 pm

As do you. :D

St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Bluecast wrote:

Finally this. I forgot all about this. Seemingly I made it in 2003. I have no idea why.

Fucking Al Bundy got me good. :rotflmao:
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Bluecast wrote: I uncovered some old gems.

Jeff (then known as Congo) Had his freewebs Shennews site. This was his best "fake news" story. :rotflmao: 2005? Maybe 2006?

Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Rakim » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:33 am

Ryudo got banned again? lool
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Rakim wrote: Ryudo got banned again? lool

How come?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Rakim » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:33 pm

^I don't know. I didn't notice until Jeff's post. He didn't seem to be doing anything bannable when he made his comeback.

Rakim has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic