Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Terrorist attack in Paris, many dead and hostages taken

Postby south carmain » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:36 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: You're right, most major religions have roughly the same stories in them don't they?

It seems that religions are similar, but one of them seems to have a bigger percentage of people with the mindset of taking up arms and doing something with them. ARE they actually doing it in the name of Allah? It all seems kinda far fetched to be basing it on religion, a lot of it will be simple territorialism (as in they want Westerners/other Muslims they don't like out of "their" provences). Either way, "they" do seem to be a warrior-type people who are easily capable of arming themselves and enough ammunition to keep the hate going...

A lot of islam comes from times of war so they have a lot of direct quotes from their prophet during those times and also have many hadith (basically a compilation of stories of what their prophet did during his lifetime) that are related to war and violence which make it easy for people to use the religion to manipulate young people in to fighting for them since young muslims are brought up being told that Islam is perfect.

Keep in mind though that muslims argue a lot on the genuinety of many of the hadiths and in what context the violent verses of the quran can be used.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I dare ANYONE (with half a neuron) to read at least 2 pages of que book and tell me with a straight face that it's about peace

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

But yeah, SJWs and PCguys don't care, they give a shit about feeling a little better with themselves.

That's why islam already won.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:48 pm

shredingskin wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Mr357 wrote:They rather just ignore "the nasty parts" and focus on the good stuff, insisting Islam as a whole is peaceful. That's what's going to happen and that's how this problem is not going to get any better.

That's what most religions do, they can't just target muslims for having pretty similar books, but being more "randomly" violent.

SJWs will be battling the good fight though.

Which is why I'm anti-religious in general when it starts infringing on people's well-being. I'm passive when it isn't.

And other people's opinion don't even matter, it's the moderate Muslims that need to publicly condemn this behavior more. I prefer other religions to follow suit as they're destructive on their own manner, but the worst parts of the Quran heavily influences their law. It's like the worst parts of the Bible heavily influencing western law. Since these these attacks are becoming more widespread, they need to be responsible and vocalize more.

But like I said, they won't. Other religions won't either. What will eventually destroy them over time is the newer generation coming in, realizing it's all a bunch of horseshit, and then disregarding it which is why Iran is becoming more lenient as the majority population are young people who WANT to drink, who WANT to have premarital sex, who WANT all these things certain people in the free world already have and woefully take for granted.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:50 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: What do you suppose will ultimately come of a tragedy such as this? Some one has to stop these fucks...

Hey I have an idea. How about we stop these fucks by stop arming them all the time? How did things turn out when we armed Osama Bin Laden? How did they turn out when we armed Iran? How about Saddam Hussein? Did they remain grateful to the West for the aid? Did peace or prosperity or freedom ever come to any of these regions? Are a single one of these places better off for American involvement? Jiminy jillikers Batman, lets arm Syrian rebels!

Here in lies the problem. Current cycle rebels are next cycle terrorists. We inadvertently manufacture our own enemies to continuously rationalize expanding the military complex and budgets even while our own domestic infrastructure turns to shit. How about we get out of other countries and let Assad/ISIS/Putin all have at it? Our enemies are all perfectly content to have it out with each other and I'm perfectly content to not waste any more lives or dollars making us less safe and fixing no actual problems.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Sonne2, St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Kenny wrote:Which is why I'm anti-religious in general when it starts infringing on people's well-being. I'm passive when it isn't.

But like I said, they won't. Other religions won't either. What will eventually destroy them over time is the newer generation coming in, realizing it's all a bunch of horseshit, and then disregarding it

I don't give a shit about peoples believes, I care about the state pasive promotion of religion. If people want to believe they're kings of atlantis I don't give a fuck, I'll still think they're stupid, but I don't really care. There will be always be psychos in the world.

About the other part, religions have been around 2500 years (the ones that still exists), it won't change in a couple of generations because "beer". Sadly it's brainwashing.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:32 pm

That's exactly my point. I don't care either UNTIL it starts affecting people's way of life. And you don't have to blow up a motherfucker to have a negative influence.

And religions held up for that long because people thought there was a god in the sea, the earth was flat, the sun revolved around the earth, and the world was filled with witches and vampires. Modern day science is only a few centuries old and the discoveries made on how the world ACTUALLY works is slowly making people averse to religious institutions and their doctrines. It's a very slow change, but it's a change nonetheless.

It doesn't change people's belief in spirituality and all that, but it does make them question hard text stating "God did this" or "Allah did that" or "L. Ron Hubbard's thetan flew around here". Well, that last example hardly holds any weight but you get the idea.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Sonne2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Sonikku wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: What do you suppose will ultimately come of a tragedy such as this? Some one has to stop these fucks...

Hey I have an idea. How about we stop these fucks by stop arming them all the time? How did things turn out when we armed Osama Bin Laden? How did they turn out when we armed Iran? How about Saddam Hussein? Did they remain grateful to the West for the aid? Did peace or prosperity or freedom ever come to any of these regions? Are a single one of these places better off for American involvement? Jiminy jillikers Batman, lets arm Syrian rebels!

Here in lies the problem. Current cycle rebels are next cycle terrorists. We inadvertently manufacture our own enemies to continuously rationalize expanding the military complex and budgets even while our own domestic infrastructure turns to shit. How about we get out of other countries and let Assad/ISIS/Putin all have at it? Our enemies are all perfectly content to have it out with each other and I'm perfectly content to not waste any more lives or dollars making us less safe and fixing no actual problems.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post, I was very upset knowing that our American taxpayer money was used to fund these bastards! If we didn't arm the rebels in syria with heavy weapons and ammunition, this wouldn't have happened!

And for those who object to Sonikku's truth, just ask yourself this, How in the hell did isis get so many toyota trucks!? Because we sent it to the syrian rebels. Go figure.

source: http://abcnews.go.com/International/us- ... d=34266539

"Questions about the ISIS use of Toyota vehicles have circulated for years. In 2014, a report by the radio broadcaster Public Radio International noted that the U.S. State Department delivered 43 Toyota trucks to Syrian rebels. A more recent report in an Australian newspaper said that more than 800 of the trucks had been reported missing in Sydney between 2014 and 2015, and quoted terror experts speculating that they may have been exported to ISIS territory. "

Once we stop funding factions, stability will prevail, and with that stability terrorist groups like isis wouldn't have a chance due to the lack of a power vacuum.
Sonne2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:41 pm

And you know why Osama was trained by the CIA and armed by the US? Because they were fighting against Soviets.

You know, cause Communism is so bad we have to do everything we can to get rid of those godless bastards or else it'll spread everywhere. So we'll help out the religious zealots. Nothing can go wrong, they believe in God and shit. They're just a little more militant, but gee whiz, way better than the Soviets. Certainly worked for Vietnam too.

I'm sure the issue is more complex than that as well. I agree we should GTFO entirely and we should decrease spending on military and defense, but not entirely cripple it. We should stop our reliance on domestic and foreign oil and legalize some drugs too. That will cripple the business we give to some of these people.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby drunkensailor » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:35 am

live is ironic in many ways including us western nations now getting shot to pieces in these acts by the weapons WE sold to them. countries like france, russia, uk and usa have the largest weapon trade businesses and guess where the assaults are focussed on...
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Kenny wrote:You know, cause Communism is so bad we have to do everything we can to get rid of those godless bastards or else it'll spread everywhere. So we'll help out the religious zealots. Nothing can go wrong, they believe in God and shit. They're just a little more militant, but gee whiz, way better than the Soviets. Certainly worked for Vietnam too.

They joined URSS to fight Germany, no not that bad lol.

I guess USA has a lot of industries going on.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:36 pm

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day, we always have found ways to be dicks to one another, and we probably always will. We have two examples in this topic, ideology (world vs communism) and religion (current events, plus countless ones in the past). Add in a little bit of resource control, and we're probably never gonna stop it, even once we're off out into space, you can bet a few crazy events will happen whereby we justify torpedo-ing each others' space stations for some shit reason...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Here's a look at the recent terrorist attack from a tinfoil hat point of view.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby DEVILLE_David » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:47 pm

I live one hour away from Paris and I always feel like it could have been me... So sad for those who lost their loved ones.

We'll have to move on even tho with what our President is going to do frow now on, we can expect more attacks from the terrorists.

But I won't refrain myself from going outside and enjoy time with my family and friends.

Saw this video tonight. This guy managed to make me smile.

phpBB [video]

From now on I'll cherish life more than ever.

DEVILLE_David has received 3 thanks from: NeoShredder, OL, Raithos
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Ziming » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Another alternative point of view on why this attack happened in France.

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 am

Ziming wrote: Another alternative point of view on why this attack happened in France.

phpBB [video]

Man that guy is full of fud. Despite the questionable 9/11 denial, straight-up saying 'We're ISIS because actually we're funding it' etc. etc., (typical conspiracy theories which can't really be confirmed or denied anyway) there's some things here he's just factually misleading about in this video:

> He insists multiple times that the name "ISIS" means and thus proves it's really the "Israeli Secret Intelligence Services", despite the fact that the groups actual Arabic acronym is "Dawlat al-Islamiyah f'al-Iraq wa al-Sham", or "Daesh".

> He says around 4:25 that we've been providing air-cover for ISIS "Psychopaths" and it was Russia who came and 'did something'...I thought we were bombing ISIS while Russia bombed everyone including those opposed to al-Assad (Russia and Syria are allies after all)

> How can he say (so-called) Muslims have 'nothing to do with it', then insist in the same video the conspiracy that Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries are funding ISIS? Even his own narrative is inconsistent.

> Onto 9/11, he refers to the theory that Bin Laden was on kidney dialysis at the time and implies that he couldn't have masterminded the attacks....1) He was the head of Al-Qaeda for years before that including the planning stages 2) There are other people in Al-Qaeda besides him and the '19 men with box-cutters' 3) If he was so "ill" (which is unconfirmed anyway), he obviously lived until 2013 when the US killed him themselves

> Blames the CIA and Western states for casuing everything but conveniently forgets that whole pan-national "Arab Spring" phenomenon which took place.

Besides this straight up BS, I don't see why "a former US Marine" would somehow know everything that's going on behind the geopolitical scenes anymore than anyone else, like that's supposed to give him more legitimacy (like a lot of these pundits). This guy (a militant anti-Isreali activist) has such an obvious agenda putting out straight up mis-truths its embarrassing to watch, and even more embarrassing to watch people lapping it up.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic