Urgent: Any Japanese radio stations or TV channels online?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Urgent: Any Japanese radio stations or TV channels online?

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 am

Hi everyone, this is an urgent request.

I got the JLPT5 exam on the 6th of December. I am good at the reading exercises and score well, however, I suck so bad at the listening. I booked all week off work next week to practice listening skills and I need material.

Anime in general isn't good, there's too much slang and it's theatrical compared to more practical Japanese.
Music in general isn't good as lyrics are rarely coherent sentences.

Anyone know where there's a TV channel I can stream online or radio station I can listen to?
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Urgent: Any Japanese radio stations or TV channels onlin

Postby Rakim » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:44 am

What kind of shows are you looking for? I watch all my Japanese TV by following blogs like this one:
http://youtubeowaraitv.blog32.fc2.com/

I can give you more specific recommendations if you tell me more about your tastes.

If you don't care about the actual content and just want to constantly have something streaming I think there's stuff like keyholetv that you could try. I only used that for like 5 minutes so I can't really say much about it.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:00 am

I was used to Niji TV and TVApp but sadly, they're both down... Not sure how to watch TV channels anymore.

There's a site offering various channels, but you have to pay like 30 dollars a month. :???:
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:09 pm

Rakim wrote: What kind of shows are you looking for? I watch all my Japanese TV by following blogs like this one:
http://youtubeowaraitv.blog32.fc2.com/

I can give you more specific recommendations if you tell me more about your tastes.

If you don't care about the actual content and just want to constantly have something streaming I think there's stuff like keyholetv that you could try. I only used that for like 5 minutes so I can't really say much about it.

KeyHole TV seems great, sadly all the channels seem to lag for me. Reminds me of the 56k days. But I will take a look at the link you provided in more detail tomorrow.

I'm not after anything in particular, documentaries, interviews, news, etc. It's all good for me. Thanks for the recommendation. :)
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Return to Off Topic