How long have you been on this forum ?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: How long have you been on this forum ?

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 am

Been on here for around half of my life, so far. #-o
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Yama » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:49 am

Since AXM made me sign up back in the day, damn time flies...

Yama has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby King John Blaze » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am

Well over 10 years, just reading back on a few of the older post and I can't believe time has passed so quickly at yet we are relatively still together. We were children, now adults. Some of us parents, rich, poor, living well or even dead.

I am by myself at the moment but had a big smile on my face and sometimes laughed outload reading some of the stuff that used to go on here. Will be a sad day when this forum is no longer. Is there actually a way to preserve/download all of the sites content?

Also, is Miles Prower still around? Stumbled across an old thread where I seemingly caused a mental breakdown.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33522&hilit=faggot+meatball

Miles Prower wrote:Okay people, I am SICK AND TIRED of people who have got warnings then going on to make a topic whining and complaining about it, or whining when someone else gets banned. It happens almost every time on this forum without fail, and its getting rather tiresome, frankly.
Nick, don't insult my intelligence, you know damn well you were using the word in the derogatory sense.
Locking this now
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Nick Tyndall? You're Nick Tyndall? I thought you topped yourself or finally got convicted for stalking.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mikec_ct » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:19 am

I joined the old-old forum in late 2001, when I was still in high school. I either had just ordered the PAL import of Shenmue II or was looking for advice on how to import it when I stumbled upon this crew.

My favorite poster in those days was named Shenmue2 (can't remember the exact formatting). He would say the most inane/silly things and people would get really pissed off, which was endlessly entertaining. A personal favorite was the story of how he ordered Shenmue II, and when the box arrived it contained nothing but a dead cockroach. Anybody else remember him?

Anyway, I've been in and out of the forum in the decade and a half since then -- I recall the great schism back in the summer of '03, and various other forum dramas. I've grown up along with the community; now I even have a son. Yes, I am someone's father. To those who remember me that may be a frightening thought, but rest assured that he will join the cult of Shenmue one day. He's a bit young to brainwash just yet, though.

mikec_ct has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, punkmanced, Sonikku
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:04 pm

i was around back with the original forums and actually helped saved these forums when planet dreamcast / forumplanet shut down.. I got the database transferred across onto the new host when there was no-one around with the technical expertise available.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Bluecast
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby don2one » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:15 am

Know this forum for so long now, but i am normally not a forum guy so i never sign up until E3 moment. Really feel as a poor shenmue fan. I wish i signed up sooner. Well finally i have an account and hope to get to know all of you shenmue bro's and sisters!
don2one
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Don2one
Nintendo FC: Don2one
Steam: Don2one
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Iracing and shenmue's

Postby dbzruler88 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 am

13 years. I used to be one of the more active members on here, but sort of drifted away from this place. I come back from time to time, trying to come by more often. I remember the days of QWERTY taking the piss out of everyone and TEEPO posting his dick and the stories of him fucking his sister. This place has always been so classy.

dbzruler88 has received a thanks from: myshtuff
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby RyoShenmue » Thu May 18, 2017 2:43 am

I had a forum name way back when, but is long gone by now. I want to say it was in the days of Shenmue Online/The Matrix Online, when people would post news and snippets before that game was burried six feet under.

I remember the forum either had it snowing or cherry blossom petals falling to the ground at the top/sides of the screen. It was quite nice to look at. :heart:

I do not really remember anyone from back then, but it has been a while. Although there was one person who would make edited videos of Shenmue and post them. The newest of his that I can recall (or at least the last I had looked at before leaving) was of Ryo and Lan Di being friends or more... :shock: with them riding off on a motorcycle into the sunset... There was also a person who had made a game of Ryo's younger years on the PC. =D>

I came back here because I have been studying Japanese and wanted to see if the US retail version had a way to hear full Japanese and be subtitled in Japanese (To make learning more fun.) which it does not. Now I am kicking myself ](*,) for not getting the Japanese version 1 and 2 while in Akihabara at Sweet Potatoe (was it?). :-k

Now with S3 coming out and the possibility of 1 and 2 on Steam with hopefully being able to mod and thus keep the game alive indefinitely, I may stick around.
RyoShenmue
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby FiNS » Fri May 26, 2017 5:42 am

According to this since 2003? Holy hell. Also according to a search of my name, I have not been on these forums in seven years. I think the last time I tried logging on there was some error? Anyways, worked this time! I gotta lurk around and see if I still recognize anyone anymore... and update my profile information.
FiNS
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Postby dbzruler88 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:30 pm

FiNS wrote: According to this since 2003? Holy hell. Also according to a search of my name, I have not been on these forums in seven years. I think the last time I tried logging on there was some error? Anyways, worked this time! I gotta lurk around and see if I still recognize anyone anymore... and update my profile information.

I remember you from way back, happy to hear you got your login info, we need more of the originals back here.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Bambi wrote:
Bluecast wrote:I remember Bambi not letting mods ban people at HD for the first year or so

I don't seem to recall this.

Haha! It's been 12 years so that's probably a given. yeah one of them was named Monkey ..maybe the other was Ronin? gah been so long. They also spammed Ryo's place but was ok there. They did the same at HD. You banned them. Then they kept making new accounts daily. Since you allowed sound files to be linked then one day I logged in and was Kurt Angel WWE music playing on the forum :lol: . I had to PM you every day to ban them. At some point you just enabled mods the ability to ban. Thankfully they never did anything serious like TEEPO.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Haha I remember that!

"I DON'T!
SUCK!
I DON'T!
SUCK!".

Was a pretty catchy theme!

EDIT: HELL YEAH!
phpBB [video]

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Bluecast
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Profile says 2005 but I lurked for a while even before that. Trying to remember what actually got me to sign up. Probably the weird ass forum posts.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby dbzruler88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:14 am

myshtuff wrote: Profile says 2005 but I lurked for a while even before that. Trying to remember what actually got me to sign up. Probably the weird ass forum posts.

Oddly enough, I remember you signing up on here. Used to interact quite a bit if memory serves me correctly.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic