Very bad news

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Spokane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:29 am

Just curious, how much time have you put into this project? The neat thing is you care about every little detail.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby random331 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:36 am

Spokane wrote:Just curious, how much time have you put into this project? The neat thing is you care about every little detail.

over 11 months
Last edited by random331 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:11 am

Amazing is an understatement. Imagine running in the rain and doing a QTE every so often in certain areas to keep from slipping and losing a bit of health?

It is possible to blow the original images up to 1440x900? Or at least 1024x700?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Resident Joel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 am

dinojan wrote:
another poster

I'm loving these weather shots - they are sick!

Seriously though, leave Ryo and Lan Di off your poster! You're game looks too real and they are making it look silly. I suppose what I'm getting at is - leave Shenmue characters out of your Shenmue game!

Could you re-model the characters? 8)
Resident Joel
Master of the Three Blades

Postby [mYLES] » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:20 am

Stunning.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby manuel tripero » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:46 am

fucking amazing dino, i hope you can find talented people (but for a game like this, it will be very dificult).

can you make this:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/ ... poster.jpg

a 1280x1024 wallpaper ?
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby random331 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 am

^here ya go

Last edited by random331 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:26 am

Be honest. You're just stopping your Shenmue remake to focus on a remake of a Sonic game. And you do know you misspelled Coming Soon, right? Either way, I'm looking forward to the game. The Shenmue one that is.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby random331 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:37 am

^^^ WHAT WHAT WHAT , why the hell would i wanna make a sonic game

thanks for the spelling correction
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:59 am

Yikes, this looks amazing. Honestly, you should send that shit straight to SEGA via e-mail with a message saying, "Since you are not making Shenmue III, I shall". It is honestly that bloody good. I remember you telling me a while back you were making a Shenmue game for yourself, and no offence or anything, but I never could have imagined you would get it so perfected and refined as you have done right now. Wow, just...wow! You just have to continue this, you've gotten so far with it in such little time, you need to keep going!

Tell me, what will the character models be like? Are you (or somebody else) going to be making them from scratch or are you going to take them directly from the original games, with a few refinements?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby random331 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:00 am

ok this might be a little to extreme , but i made water drops dripping from the leafs

random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby random331 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 am

Henry Spencer wrote:Yikes, this looks amazing. Honestly, you should send that shit straight to SEGA via e-mail with a message saying, "Since you are not making Shenmue III, I shall". It is honestly that bloody good. I remember you telling me a while back you were making a Shenmue game for yourself, and no offence or anything, but I never could have imagined you would get it so perfected and refined as you have done right now. Wow, just...wow! You just have to continue this, you've gotten so far with it in such little time, you need to keep going!

Tell me, what will the character models be like? Are you (or somebody else) going to be making them from scratch or are you going to take them directly from the original games, with a few refinements?

Thanks man , HAHAHA i did that i send sega an email saying im making my own shenmue ,about the chracters .. im gonna make them from scratch , this guy is gonna play ryo , this is un-photoshoped version , when its done clearing up i'll show you

random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby [mYLES] » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 pm

^ That's Ryo, that's for sure!

I can't wait to see the characters.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Fucking hell Dino, I don't think anyone realises how talented you are or how amazing this is.

Fuck those links I gave you, send this to SEGA. I am not lying. Send a message with a CV, plenty of screenshots, videos, etc., and try bargaining with them, something along the lines of "if I do the whole of Yokosuka for free, hire me, and let's re-boot the Shenmue series". I'm being serious now man, but you will need to do videos for them. I'm not saying this so you'll post another vid up for us, I'm just trying to come up with solutions.

I think Hazuki Legend said once that he lives near the SEGA-Europe HQ. After sending the e-mail and getting a reply, try setting up a meeting with someone down there, and at the least get them to send a message to Suzuki. I'd be willing to take the trip down and 'represent' you, as I'm a very convincing and persuasive person when it comes to meetings, as I have the ability to break down the professional barrier that usually restricts communication.

Let me know what you think about this.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby diAbLo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:44 pm

All that's going to happen is a cease and desist. Don't be an idiot; keep this off Sega's radar until we had a chance to play it first.
diAbLo

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue