Am I a terrible person for not liking Nozomi that much?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Am I a terrible person for not liking Nozomi that much?

Postby zema » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:39 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:I don't know about Joy, dude. She's basically a rich daddy's spoiled little girl who pointlessly rides her bike around town and spedns daddy's money all day. I wouldn't even call her a strong-willed person. She's basically a rich kid used to getting her way and that's why she's kind of stubborn.

I don´t agree, she's more than a spoiled rich girl, She helps Ryo in all kind of situations like finding him a place to stay, getting him a job, stopping a fight with some drunks, getting the photographer off Ryo's back...

The thing about Joy is that she's active, she takes initiative.
What did Nozomi ever do? She gave Ryo a good luck charm and told him to cheer up. That's about it really.
zema
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: zema7777
Nintendo FC: zema7777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby SMDzero » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:42 am

I didn't remember Joy being rich??

Why wouldn't she give Ryo money instead of forcing him to do manual labor at the docks????
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ShinChuck » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:38 pm

I thought Nozomi was overrated... at first. But then she kind of grew on me. The more I made it a point to call her and visit her, the more that came out about their relationship. All the little tidbits and cutscenes. If you just hit the big cutscenes, I can see where their relationship would fall flat.

I wouldn't say she's my favorite. I like Fangmei and Eileen quite a bit. I'll have to replay them both soon.
ShinChuck
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ShinChuck1
XBL: ShinChuck
Nintendo FC: ShinChuck
Steam: ShinChuck
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Resident Evil 6

Previous

Return to Shenmue