Virtua Fighter Shenmue

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Virtua Fighter Shenmue

Postby landi vs ren » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:04 pm

Don't you think it would be good if sega made a Shenmue virson of Virtua Fighter. It be so good to play as Ren. And you could unlock guy's like Lan Di. What do you think.
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mythical Being » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:09 pm

No not really I dont fancy this at all. Shenmue is more than just a beat em up and although I love the fighting bits very much you can't just pull it down to these simple roots.

Plus this would destroy the whole hierachy of fighting skills thing as you'd have to have characters like fuku san standing up to Lan Di.
Mythical Being
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gingefners, The » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:51 pm

Not as a standalone game but having the Shenmue cast as secret characters in the game would be a fun extra
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:13 pm

Shenmue and virtua fighter are basically the same. Ryo is Akira, Lan Di is Lau, and Xiuying is Aoi.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Gingefners, The » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:07 pm

Mr. Fr0zen wrote:Shenmue and virtua fighter are basically the same. Ryo is Akira, Lan Di is Lau, and Xiuying is Aoi.

Yea but the Shenmue characters are much cooler
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby Birty » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:12 pm

gnfnrs wrote:
Mr. Fr0zen wrote:Shenmue and virtua fighter are basically the same. Ryo is Akira, Lan Di is Lau, and Xiuying is Aoi.

Yea but the Shenmue characters are much cooler

Of course ;). I guess a side game within a Shenmue game where you can fight anyone you like could be cool, kind of like playing the street fights again in Shenmue II. Although I wouldn't want too much focus on this area when they could be putting it all in Shenmue III!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby rome » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 am

Mythical Being wrote:No not really I dont fancy this at all. Shenmue is more than just a beat em up and although I love the fighting bits very much you can't just pull it down to these simple roots.

Plus this would destroy the whole hierachy of fighting skills thing as you'd have to have characters like fuku san standing up to Lan Di.

I get what your saying, but it wouldnt be that bad. It would be pretty funny to see Lan Di get his assed kicked by Fuku san :lol:
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Gutcruncher » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:35 pm

i would really just like a character or two to be unlockable in virtua fighter 5 or something
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Strider » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:15 pm

it would be cool to unlock this in shenmue 3
Strider
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby landi vs ren » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:19 pm

I not saying make it before Shenmue 3 but make it as some sort of side game and it would be well cool then VitaruFighter. And why would Fuku san would be in it he can't fight at all
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AzN.Homeboy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:02 pm

Mythical Being wrote:No not really I dont fancy this at all. Shenmue is more than just a beat em up and although I love the fighting bits very much you can't just pull it down to these simple roots.

For crying out loud...

Fighters != Beat-em-ups

Virtua Fighter or Street Fighter is a fighter. Streets of Rage or Spikeout is a beat-em-up.
AzN.Homeboy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zezerith » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:50 pm

Streets of Rage is a side scrolling beat-um-up. Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter are beat em ups. If you like to call them fighters you might aswell call Streets of Rage a side scrolling fighter.

As for Spikeout...I've never played it so I wouldn't know.
Zezerith
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gutcruncher » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:54 pm

Zezerith wrote:Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter are beat em ups.

no they arent. beat em ups are you vs assloads of people at once. in beat em ups, you are always much stronger than your many many opponents (except bosses). fighters are generally one on one, and all of the characters are at least supposed to be balanced. it may not sound like a big difference in writing, but there is a very big difference in gameplay between streets of rage and street fighter, or virtua fighter and shinobi

edit: holy crap, i posted after i read leons post, but i ended up above him. what just happened?
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Leon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:57 pm

In Virtua Fighter Evo, you can customize the looks of your character. There is an AI opponent based on Akira, whom you can challenge in the quest mode called Ryo Hazuki, I forgot what he was wearing but i think it was some school uniform.

Also, Shenmue is similar to VF..
Lau=LanDi, GuiZhang=Pai, Chai=Lion, Greg=Wolf, Rod=Jeffry, ChunYan=Sarah
Leon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby TailsAndy89 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:08 pm

sorry for going offtopic, but,

READ: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~shenmuedoj ... hp?t=20905
TailsAndy89
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Next