Dreamcast Shenmue??

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Dreamcast Shenmue??

Postby n00dl3s » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:24 am

:? :shock: :lol: I need an extra opinion on what I should do. I have an Xbox and Shenmue II for it. I have never really played Shenmue I on Dreamcast and I'm not sure if I should shell out the money just to play Shenmue I on the Dreamcast only. What should I do? Also if I did get a Dreamcast and I wanted to play the Japanese import of Shenmue I and II on it what would I have to do in able to be able to play it on a Dreamcast? :? :shock: :lol: :( :)
n00dl3s
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby kckool » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:41 am

I've got both shenmue games and playing the 1st one isn't really essential if you know the story but it adds to the whole shenmue experience. As for playing imports you'll be needing a bootdisc, I recommend Utopia Bootdisk v1.2.
kckool
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ChaiOgawa » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:48 am

Most everybody here would have the same opinion for you... PLAY THE FIRST ONE :O!
ChaiOgawa

You've gotta play Shenmue I!

Postby Shodan » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:12 pm

Exactly. While the second one is slightly better IMO, you've just gotta experience how this incredible saga began. Shenmue: The Movie is crap and does a worse job of summoning up the story than the digest movie, and you can't know how amazing Shenmue is without actually playing it! There's a ton of cool things which were taken out of Shenmue II, those I miss dearly. So c'mon dude you've really gotta experience the astounding Shenmue I first hand, you won't be dissapointed! :D
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The Archfiend » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:11 pm

I agree, u gotta get the first game.
The Archfiend

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:12 pm

Nice avatar H-raiser!
Dan Hibiki rules...
But, back on topic, play Shenmue I!
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby etjester » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:28 pm

at this point you can get a DC and Shen1 dirt cheap, so you definately should. if you feel bad about buying a DC only for Shenmue, there are tons of other great games you cen get for it that wont cost you too much.
etjester
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shodan » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:46 pm

Wise words etjester. Even though Shenmue is reason enough to buy a Dc, there's a huge back catalogue of amazing titles for our beloved little white box. Many of which are actually better than most Ps2/GCN/XBox offerings. Just to name a few... Skies of Arcadia, MSR, Jet Grind Radio, Rez, Soul Calibour, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, F355... the list goes on. Get a Dreamcast dude, its really cheap these days and its one of the greatest consoles of all time(IMO).
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VulkanNinja » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:08 pm

Looking at this amazon link proves how cheap you can get a dreamcast for. With all the great games, there is no excuse
VulkanNinja
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

couple more things......

Postby n00dl3s » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:09 pm

There's a ton of cool things which were taken out of Shenmue II, those I miss dearly.

What kind of things were taken out of Shenmue II and are those things on the Dreamcast version of it? Just curious. I've been searching on ebay for a package of 1 Dreamcast System, 1 controll, 1 VMU Unit, all A/V and electric cables, and the Shenmue game. If somebody was also selling a boot disc with it that would be cool too. But everybody on there sells like 4 controlls, 5 games, and I don't really need all that. If anybody happens to stumble on an auction that has what I'm looking for please tell me. :D :) :D :o :lol: 8) :D :? :shock: :D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock:
n00dl3s
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: couple more things......

Postby Shodan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:16 am

oRiEntaL_n00dl3S wrote:What kind of things were taken out of Shenmue II and are those things on the Dreamcast version of it?

Cool things from Shenmue I which didn't make it for the sequel are stuff like calling people on the phone(you actually get to control the dialling hand), chillin' to tunes on your(Ryo's) stereo(you can buy loads of tapes for it) and playing videogames inside a videogame. :shock: lol -Ryo has a Sega Saturn(beats the hell outta me how he's got one in 1986), and you can get two fantastic classics(Hang On and Space Harrier) to play on it. The amazing thing is that when you load up, Ryo's hand presses the power button, then pushes the open button, puts the game CD in and closes the lid! :lol:

These great things are only found in Shenmue I, so they're not present in either version of Shenmue II. :(
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

hmmmmmm...........cool

Postby n00dl3s » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:09 am

:D :D :D :D Hmmmmmmm.......that sounds cool, yeah your right, I like Shenmue IIx, but when I play it I can't help, but feeling that I am getting a little restricted. BTW......you can play games in Shenmue IIx also...In Shenmue II for Xbox you can play Space Harrier, some racing game, a rapid QTE game, a darts game, and this other game too...you can also see him put the coin in.....you don't actually own the games..........BTW also do you buy the Sega Saturn in the first Shenmue or does he already have it....well thanks for the info. :) ;) ;)
n00dl3s
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ChaiOgawa » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:35 am

He meant like in the actual game he has a dreamcast or whatever system that is in his living room.
ChaiOgawa

Postby kckool » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:38 am

Ryo already owns the Saturn, it's in the cupboard under his TV. And you have to win the two games by doing a raffle draw in tomato convenience store.
kckool
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Gongjue » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:07 am

BUY A DREAMCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHENMUE I IS THE BEST< IT IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY YOU WIL PAY.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Shenmue