shenmue 1

Postby mySteL » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:19 pm

do they still sell it,erm i havent played it yet

sorry for my simple,pathetic topics
mySteL
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:41 pm

No you have to get it from ebay or from a shop that does second hand games but you can get shenmue II for xbox.
Last edited by Riku Rose on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mySteL » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:49 pm

well,i wouldnt get it on ebay because i dont trust where its been i.e somones arse,but i was reading a topic and people were saying it was better than the sequel,is this true?
mySteL
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:02 pm

Get the first one first.
Last edited by Riku Rose on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby WolfsLoveRage » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Call your local EB Game stores. They sell old game cartridges and DC games.

I liked the first Shenmue for a few reasons... it was on the DC, the first new console I ever bought when it first came out. The game Shenmue was pretty much unheard of before, very unique and the story was all about Japan and not China.
WolfsLoveRage
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:57 pm

you have to be lucky to find copies of shenmue in ebgames/gamestop stores or others.i remember finding one copy of shenmueII for the dreamcast at a gamestop store.when i first went to gamestop to buy shenmueI i snag the last one
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby VGAce » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:12 pm

mySteL wrote:well,i wouldnt get it on ebay because i dont trust where its been i.e somones arse

You could really suspect that about anything if you're the paranoid type. Some clerk at EB or Wal-Mart could go into a backroom and do who knows what to a game, and nobody would know. At least with eBay you've got feedback to go by.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby WolfsLoveRage » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:37 am

VGAce wrote:
mySteL wrote:well,i wouldnt get it on ebay because i dont trust where its been i.e somones arse

You could really suspect that about anything if you're the paranoid type. Some clerk at EB or Wal-Mart could go into a backroom and do who knows what to a game, and nobody would know. At least with eBay you've got feedback to go by.

Well with a local game store if you know some thing does not work which is pretty much all that matters you can march into the store and take it back and or kick some one's butt. But ebay... I can be 2,000 miles away and show you the middle finger and you can not do any thing about it. Al though I hear EBAY will help those that get screwed... I can still see people screwing other people over.
WolfsLoveRage
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mySteL » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:25 am

no they wouldnt,shops are public places,with people doing theyre job,not some gangbanging 15 year olds laughing thyre asses off cos they used the game to go to toilet with then selling it
mySteL
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby VGAce » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:53 pm

mySteL wrote:no they wouldnt,shops are public places,with people doing theyre job,not some gangbanging 15 year olds laughing thyre asses off cos they used the game to go to toilet with then selling it

LOL.

That's an awfully ignorant viewpoint. "Gangbanging 15 year olds?" Come on man, get real. Any public shop can have people just like that working for them; bathrooms, back rooms, stock rooms, and shipping docks would present plenty of opportunities for an employee to "use a game to go to the toilet," as you say. The reality of the situation is that both markets, public shops and eBay, are mostly filled with fairly honest people just looking to make some money. If anything, you'd be safer buying from eBay. The sellers there have to go through the trouble of stocking product, creating auctions, collecting payment, and shipping the item out. I don't think someone who wants to "deflower" your game would go through that much trouble when they could do it a lot easier by just getting a clerk job at Wal-Mart. :roll:
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

ebay

Postby aguyfromkentucky » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:49 pm

i just got my shenmue off of ebay and it worked fine so I'd say thats ur best bet
aguyfromkentucky
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mySteL » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:24 am

That's an awfully ignorant viewpoint.
ok sorry,i cant win this now BUT i got a second hand game before and it didnt work........
EDIT:oops
mySteL
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby WolfsLoveRage » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:28 pm

If you think about it though you could take this forum or any other forum as a prime example. People no matter how small or old or young or slow or weak or what ever will talk crap to some one else here and act like a big man or woman. Now I admit, I have not won every fight I ever fought, but I can handle my own and I would do the same in real life. But the majority that talk crap here do it because there is no real fear of any thing happeneing to them. So what if they get a warning for causing trouble or suck so much dick that they are friends with a moderator and thus the other guy gets a warning or baned. In real life that other guy probably just kicked your ass.

Now take EBAY. They have no fear of you doing any thing to them. What are you going to do, send a bad notice to him? Flt 1,000s of miles just to try to find him? Who cares? Now do this in a public place where you know you will see the same guy again the next day and if some thing is up he can either go to jail and or you can kick his ass if you think you can get away with it.

But in either case I just bought Shenmue 1 off of EBAY for $4, (I did not feel like bidding, I just wanted it.) plus $5 for shipping and $1.50 for shipper insurance and I had no choice in that and $1 for EBAy insurance. A total of $11.26 for a game that is promised to work fine if not great. My only concern is how long exactly it takes to get here, I expect no latter than 14 but am hoping for 7 days max. Also the advertisement said "the cd" and "the manual". I am hoping that was a generic add since this person has sold lots of games and is ranked 98.% some thing since 1998 or some thing. Has there ever been a Shenmue game for Dreamcast that only came with 1 cd?

Also do you need a special DC to play a European Shenmue game or will an American DC work fine?
WolfsLoveRage
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:59 pm

You need to have a modded DC or a Boot Disk like Utopia or a Game Shark CD-X, and Shenmue Come with 4 Cds one is the Shenmue Passport.
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Dayno » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:33 am

Since your profile states that you are in the UK, You may have a shop near you called Gamestation and they are usually pretty good for that sort of thing. i got my Shen 2 there at £25. crappy really for second hand but worth it. the only gamestations i actually know of though are in Newcastle and Sunderland. good luck :?
Dayno
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue