The Shenmue Passport

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby lp1945 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:52 am

Sakuragaoka

Put a message relating to Shenmue III on it or redirect it to here or the Shenmue III petition.

And would it be legal to put all the passport stuff back online? Are the files easy to update? If the right person got control of the shenmue domain they could actually resurrect it.
lp1945
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ac2u » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:56 am

Well, he's taken it down now. Shenmue.com will not resolve to any IP Address.

I don't think Sega are gonna take this domain back. They said they were letting it go, alonmg with sites such as virtuafighter.jp in an official announcement a long time ago.
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:04 pm

I'm pissed off. shenmue.com doesn't work anymore! We just took a foward step into a darker Shenmue future. (Denied Shenmue Passport) It really doesn't matter who's in charge, it would be nice to see it running though but now it's not. Are you all happy! We killed off Shenmue.com and the Passport once and for all!
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby mySteL » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:06 pm

we are the knights who say,nee!
neeneenee
mySteL
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LionheartUK » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 pm

lDarkWarriorl wrote:I'm pissed off. shenmue.com doesn't work anymore! We just took a foward step into a darker Shenmue future. (Denied Shenmue Passport) It really doesn't matter who's in charge, it would be nice to see it running though but now it's not. Are you all happy! We killed off Shenmue.com and the Passport once and for all!

SHUT UP NOOB

SEGA Killed Shenmue.com and the Passport not us get a grip you crack head.

All you NOOB's who have 10 or less posts please stop Kissing this guys Arse cos he's done nothing good he's just fooled us all along and in my opinion is a very sad individual indeed.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby moi » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:53 pm

LionheartUK wrote:Posts: 666

W00t? :shock:

plz dont post anymore ;)
moi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:54 pm

LionheartUK wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:I'm pissed off. shenmue.com doesn't work anymore! We just took a foward step into a darker Shenmue future. (Denied Shenmue Passport) It really doesn't matter who's in charge, it would be nice to see it running though but now it's not. Are you all happy! We killed off Shenmue.com and the Passport once and for all!

SHUT UP NOOB

SEGA Killed Shenmue.com and the Passport not us get a grip you crack head.

All you NOOB's who have 10 or less posts please stop Kissing this guys Arse cos he's done nothing good he's just fooled us all along and in my opinion is a very sad individual indeed.

It's pathetic losers like you that backtrack Shenmue fans from enjoying Passport. I didn't sign up to this forum to take this kind of bs from some stinky ass law enforcing little kid like you so why don't you just run off and go start a fight in another forum.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:04 pm

Sakuragaoka wrote:Finally I want to say sorry again to all (like I said sorry in the Shenmue BBS), but now I promise to don't do something stupid again. And sorry for my bad english (still learning) and my poor Japanese (still learning too). If anyone reach to a SEGA person, tell to him to contact me at [email protected] and I'll transfer the domain as the people of this forum told me. Sorry again. But don't loose the hope in Shenmue...

I accept your apology if your serious about returning shenmue.com to Sega.

Everyone keep in mind that most people who buy popular domains are only are in it for the money. They dont give a shit about what the site was about before. He went through the trouble to restore the site and give us the chance to view the passport again. At least this guy is trying his best to communicate with us.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Dschejms » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:12 pm

lDarkWarriorl wrote:It's pathetic losers like you that backtrack Shenmue fans from enjoying Passport. I didn't sign up to this forum to take this kind of bs from some stinky ass law enforcing little kid like you so why don't you just run off and go start a fight in another forum.

=D> =D> =D>
Dschejms
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:14 pm

Hellraiser wrote:
Sakuragaoka wrote:Finally I want to say sorry again to all (like I said sorry in the Shenmue BBS), but now I promise to don't do something stupid again. And sorry for my bad english (still learning) and my poor Japanese (still learning too). If anyone reach to a SEGA person, tell to him to contact me at [email protected] and I'll transfer the domain as the people of this forum told me. Sorry again. But don't loose the hope in Shenmue...

I accept your apology if your serious about returning shenmue.com to Sega.

Everyone keep in mind that most people who buy popular domains are only are in it for the money. They dont give a shit about what the site was about before. He went through the trouble to restore the site and give us the chance to view the passport again. At least this guy is trying his best to communicate with us.

Good point.

I think Sakuragaoka should at least ask permission to keep the site and the content or just erase everything and make new layouts with new media. He shouldn't have to give the domain back unless SEGA comes to HIM and asks for it.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby YoYoPo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:24 pm

moi wrote: Hmm why not turning the domain to something it was meant to be? A page for ShenMue fans, with downloadable contents,tips and tricks,faqs, a message board etc..?

you mean like this site?

I don't see why Sakuragaoka has to give anything back to Sega. Sega sold the Shenmue.com domain and Sakuragaoka bought it so they have no right to have it back. seriously, let's just leave the passport up, it's great. Only if Sega do complain only then take it down
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:35 pm

Exactly, i couldn't have said it any simpler.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:35 pm

YoYoPo wrote:
moi wrote: Hmm why not turning the domain to something it was meant to be? A page for ShenMue fans, with downloadable contents,tips and tricks,faqs, a message board etc..?

you mean like this site?

I don't see why Sakuragaoka has to give anything back to Sega. Sega sold the Shenmue.com domain and Sakuragaoka bought it so they have no right to have it back. seriously, let's just leave the passport up, it's great. Only if Sega do complain only then take it down

Sega didn't sell the domain. They just got lazy! Anyone can snatch a domain from right under them when it expires.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:38 pm

Just under curiosity, how did Sakuragaoka know that the domain expired? Is it obvious when domains expire?
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Beck » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:40 pm

We all knew when it was going to expire... He just got there before SEGA or anyone else.
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue