The Shenmue Passport

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:01 pm

LionheartUK wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:
LionheartUK wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:I'm pissed off. shenmue.com doesn't work anymore! We just took a foward step into a darker Shenmue future. (Denied Shenmue Passport) It really doesn't matter who's in charge, it would be nice to see it running though but now it's not. Are you all happy! We killed off Shenmue.com and the Passport once and for all!

SHUT UP NOOB

SEGA Killed Shenmue.com and the Passport not us get a grip you crack head.

All you NOOB's who have 10 or less posts please stop Kissing this guys Arse cos he's done nothing good he's just fooled us all along and in my opinion is a very sad individual indeed.

It's pathetic losers like you that backtrack Shenmue fans from enjoying Passport. I didn't sign up to this forum to take this kind of bs from some stinky ass law enforcing little kid like you so why don't you just run off and go start a fight in another forum.

We have all been taken for mugs and all you and your pathetic followers can do is approve this and heap praise on him.

Lol stinky ass law enforcing "I am not a moderator" therefore theres no Law coming from me,Errr can't you tell by my posts?

I didn't sign up to this forum to be decieved by someone and to be installed with false hope.

Please don't call me a little kid every one gets pissed off when shit like this happens,It's pretty rich coming from someone who has "Power Rangers" in there Avatar,My 7 yr old nephew watches that and it's about as entertaining as this pathetic prank.

MMPR was before your time Youngin, how we just drop this and focus more on the topic?
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby LionheartUK » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:04 pm

lDarkWarriorl wrote:
LionheartUK wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:
LionheartUK wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:I'm pissed off. shenmue.com doesn't work anymore! We just took a foward step into a darker Shenmue future. (Denied Shenmue Passport) It really doesn't matter who's in charge, it would be nice to see it running though but now it's not. Are you all happy! We killed off Shenmue.com and the Passport once and for all!

SHUT UP NOOB

SEGA Killed Shenmue.com and the Passport not us get a grip you crack head.

All you NOOB's who have 10 or less posts please stop Kissing this guys Arse cos he's done nothing good he's just fooled us all along and in my opinion is a very sad individual indeed.

It's pathetic losers like you that backtrack Shenmue fans from enjoying Passport. I didn't sign up to this forum to take this kind of bs from some stinky ass law enforcing little kid like you so why don't you just run off and go start a fight in another forum.

We have all been taken for mugs and all you and your pathetic followers can do is approve this and heap praise on him.

Lol stinky ass law enforcing "I am not a moderator" therefore theres no Law coming from me,Errr can't you tell by my posts?

I didn't sign up to this forum to be decieved by someone and to be installed with false hope.

Please don't call me a little kid every one gets pissed off when shit like this happens,It's pretty rich coming from someone who has "Power Rangers" in there Avatar,My 7 yr old nephew watches that and it's about as entertaining as this pathetic prank.

MMPR was before your time Youngin, how we just drop this and focus more on the topic?

Yep it was dropped in my last post,I was just pissed off at this news imho i just find it terrible.

PS. How old are you??
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:04 pm

From my end this prank was damn amusing! ;)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby nephil » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:08 pm

Phew, this was a hrad read, al those pages...

OK, my 2 cents: Nice job, Sakuragaoka. But you really should have told us that it was you who tried to ressurect the Passport feature. But none the less, nice job.

The legal situation: The Domain belongs to him. The content doesn't. And Sakuragaoka, please, please, please don't give the domain back! That would be a complete waste! If you don't / can't ressurrect the Passport, then use it for something else, but don't give it back to Sega. They had their chance, and just the fact they forgot to renew it shows how much they really care. This site in a fan's hand is much more worth and has a lot more potential than in the hand of a firm, who doesn't give a shit!

Btw.: I'm pretty sure many of the guys here would love to own the domain themselves. This is the most unique collectors item a Shenmue fan can have, and I'm pretty sure some guys here would try to make a fortune with it on Ebay or so. Hey, Sakuragaoka, didn't you already get PMs and mails from guys wanting to purchase the site from you? Wouldn't surprise me at all...

So, Sakuragaoka: Do whatever you like, but keep this domain! It's yours, and if you really care about the community and the games, this is your possibility to show it! It wasn't the nicest way to advertise it, but after all noone was harmed. And if some people really thought "OMGZ! S3 is coming for DC and uses the Passport!!!!!1111" than it's their own fault they got dissappointed, because noone ever said so.

And to all the mods and admin here: You shouldn't insult people here on the boards. You have a certain kind of responsibility and should be sort of a role model for others, so they know how to behave.
nephil
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LanDC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:08 pm

I cannot begin to fathom why there is any debate on this issue. To any of you who believe this guy deserves to own the official Shenmue website because "SEGA are lazy and don't care about Shenmue," you just need to get a god damned grip. It's not his site, and it's not his material. NO ONE besides SEGA should own shenmue.com, and the files belonging to the site.

"Ohh! Thanks, Sakuragaoka! You brought the Passport back! YAY!" Give me a break. All he "brought back" were a few VMU goodies, which were already available on Krbrunn's site, which I'm going to be putting on the Dojo sometime soon. And there's no other feature he could have brought back that would be of interest to anyone. Character profiles, move profiles, you can get those on this site, or in the game itself. The thing that I was looking so forward to was the Network Ranking feature. At first, I believed this was SEGA's official doing, so it was possible to revive. But nope, Sakuragaoka can't do that. And even if he could, it's still not right for him to have control of SEGA's site.

When the time comes that SEGA are ready to announce Shenmue III, or more on Shenmue Online, they're going to need that site back. So would you really want them to postpone any updates just because some random Joe has control of the site? My God, as some people have said, if I didn't uncover what was going on, he may have never even told us! Can you imagine what a mess that would have been if he continued to hold this site when everyone thought it was official work? The Shenmue community have been through enough ups and downs, had enough false hope and fake news over the years, so quite frankly, this whole situations pisses me off.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:09 pm

This kept me entertained for a day already, so in a way I'm kind of glad we got "bad news" (as some people see it). I don't post very often but when a topic that interests me comes up, i post more constantly.

I'm 17.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby LionheartUK » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:11 pm

SEF wrote:From my end this prank was damn amusing! ;)

/sigh i find it quite stupid more than anything WHY go to all this trouble for well nothing much :?

I think it's time i forgot about Shenmue now,It's another let down after another and well,It's just not worth it i should be looking forward to much better things in my life which actually mean something,Than a game series from 6 years ago that is looking highly unlikely to be continued anytime before i hit 30 years of age :shock: .

Darkwarrior i'm 22, I dont act it and LOL i dont give a shit :P why should i it's only the "Internet"
Last edited by LionheartUK on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:13 pm

LanDC, if you're hosting the files, and thats Sega's copyright....

Btw, according to Jack Thompson, having the name of the game in your fansite or any of your fansite content is copyright infringement. :shock:
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby YoYoPo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:15 pm

Miles Prower wrote:Sorry, but Sakuragaoka's a fucking asshole, and I can't believe all the praise he's getting now. Jesus man, get a life.

Chi-You-Man wrote:Why are you guys praising him?HE PLAYED US ALL FOR CHUMPS!,this guy is a fucking reject and should be banned and i hope sega sue him for every peso he has......but around 0.1% of me think he is a computer genius BUT THE OTHER 99.9% HATES HIS GUTS!

can we please have some order here? Randomly swearing like you're some kind of torrets sufferer won't get you or anyone anywhere and certainly won't advance the discussion. It's all just a misunderstanding, be reasonable, Sakuragaoka's first language is Spanish and his intentions were good.

He got the domain legitamately so I can't see why "NO ONE besides SEGA should own shenmue.com". That's just silly. If Sega don't want to have it anymore then at least a Shenmue fan has it rather than some scam search company. And since when does anyone give a damn about copyrights? Isn't half the stuff on this website Sega's IP too? Leave that to Sega's lawyers.
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:15 pm

Just FOR that reason you said above about not holding on too tight. It's cruel, I'd love to play S3 as well, but kinda funny to see people's hopes dashed in such a way...;)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby LionheartUK » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:15 pm

Twist05 wrote:LanDC, if you're hosting the files, and thats Sega's copyright....

Btw, according to Jack Thompson, having the name of the game in your fansite or any of your fansite content is copyright infringement. :shock:

:roll:
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby YoYoPo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:17 pm

Twist05 wrote:according to Jack Thompson,

please don't mention that idiot ever
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby nephil » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:18 pm

LanDC wrote:I cannot begin to fathom why there is any debate on this issue. To any of you who believe this guy deserves to own the official Shenmue website because "SEGA are lazy and don't care about Shenmue," you just need to get a god damned grip. It's not his site, and it's not his material. NO ONE besides SEGA should own shenmue.com, and the files belonging to the site.

And even if he could, it's still not right for him to have control of SEGA's site.

When the time comes that SEGA are ready to announce Shenmue III, or more on Shenmue Online, they're going to need that site back.

I understand why you feel the site should belong to Sega. It's because Shenmue and Sega belong together, like ferrari and the color red, or so.

But fact is: Sega doesn't want the site! And I'm not even sure they could get it back with a lawsuit. First, they forgot to renew their registration, then they got an offer for the domian, which they didn't accept... I don't think they could do much more.

It's just like throwing away a CD, not taking it back when someone wants to return it to you and then pulling this same guy in court some years later because you would like to listen to the cd again.

No matter how you turn it: www.shenmue.com belongs to Sakuragaoka now. It's his site, because he pays for it. And if I were him, I'd never give something like that away again.

Oh, btw, isn't the whole music section here copyright infringement, too?
nephil
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LanDC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:21 pm

YoYoPo wrote:He got the domain legitamately so I can't see why "NO ONE besides SEGA should own shenmue.com". That's just silly. If Sega don't want to have it anymore then at least a Shenmue fan has it rather than some scam search company.

I don't believe they had any intention of abandoning the website, as that man told him in the e-mail.

And don't even try to compare the Dojo to what Sakuragaoka's doing. We aren't recreating files on once official servers, pretending to really be SEGA, deceiving many fans in the process.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:22 pm

nephil wrote:
Oh, btw, isn't the whole music section here copyright infringement, too?

Well thats exactly what I said.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue