The Shenmue Passport

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby YoYoPo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:15 am

wow.

I don't really see what the big fuss is. You're complaining that the Passport is back up again? that's great. If we worked together we could possibly get it to run completely again.

Sakuragaoka's original post

Please check your Shenmue Passport disc, buy another Dreamcast if you don't have one anymore... Or... do something!
今だ!

he never said it was Sega who had resurrected it. but it just kinda went out of control from there. The guy is just a diehard fan and English isn't his 1st language so give dude a break.

I reckon Sakuragaoka did a good job. Nice one mate. I don't think it was meant to be a trick at all....
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby b_ren » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:20 am

He's more of a freak in my opinion. Going to lengths like that is a bit too obsessive.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hadoken Hazuki » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:25 am

Even though it seems that SEGA doesn't care about the site, at least they replied by saying "Our company had no intention of abandoning the
website "Shenmue.com" So at least they still want to keep hold of it.
Hadoken Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby negora » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:29 am

If we're gonna start to discuss about the guilty of SEGA in all this then... Yeah, it's obvious they have also managed all the stuff related to "Shenmue" very poorly. And this is a good proof.
negora
Asia Travel Representative

Postby AlgeRyo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:31 am

You are a KING sakuragaoka!!
The forumers are jealous because it's not Lan DC who has done this!!!!!!
You are the only one to do this : congratulation and continue!!!!
SEGA doesn't care about us!!!!!!!!
AlgeRyo

Postby Sakuragaoka » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:32 am

Hadoken Hazuki wrote:Even though it seems that SEGA doesn't care about the site, at least they replied by saying "Our company had no intention of abandoning the

Oh, yeah. This IS true.
Sakuragaoka
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Dschejms » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:41 am

Thanks for putting it back online. I wasn't able to go online with my Dreamcast back in the late 90's because my parents were scared about costs and what have you :? Yesterday I was able to use the online function for the first time. Thanks :D
Dschejms
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Visual Memory » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am

Haha, we should replace shenmue.com with the dojo. Sega's shenmue.com is superfluid without the Passport anyway. The dojo has always been the #1 Shenmue site! How about it LanDC?:D
Naaaaah, just joking.:D

Seriously now, if the Dojo members worked together with Sakuragaoka we could maybe restore the Passport completely. The dojo could show Sega how to treat Shenmue.
Visual Memory
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sakuragaoka » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:01 am

Visual Memory wrote:Seriously now, if the Dojo members worked together with Sakuragaoka we could maybe restore the Passport completely. The dojo could show Sega how to treat Shenmue.

:idea: Good idea. But they will not accept it... :?
Last edited by Sakuragaoka on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuragaoka

Postby Fatalist » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 am

Hadoken Hazuki wrote:Even though it seems that SEGA doesn't care about the site, at least they replied by saying "Our company had no intention of abandoning the

Exactly. There are very many cases of "Cyber Squatting" or robbery of domains. Recently the spanish news agency EFE lost for some time his domain to a Turkish company by an error of the company that managed the domain.
Not only Digital Rex has a link to Shenmue.com, www.shenmue-online.com too.
Fatalist
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby NeoShredder » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 am

What I want to know is how the hell he did it. Was it back with the registration in November?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:26 am

Honestly, I could have cared less about the fact that Passport was actually back up, seeing as I have no dial up anymore. What interested me more, is the fact that Sega may have actually started to give a shit about Shenmue again, and to me that was more of the point. But obviously, that wasnt the case. Sakuragaoka, Fuck You, eat shit, and die, you crazy bastard.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mappsm » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:44 am

Sakuragaoka, i think it was great what you have done for the comunity, but you should have told people all the truth about it.

Anyway, it would be great to see passport back again. If it wasn't illegal and that type of things :s
mappsm

Postby Mestre Ziming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:54 am

Sakuragaoka, I think you should have said somethig before, and i can understand the both sides.

He rebuild the goodies and moves section almost completly, i never had the change to test things like these before and i'm happy for this. For one side i need to thank you sakuragaoka ,i'm impressed with what you did and i bet it gave you some hard work finding the right modifications.

Anyway, I think we could take advantge of this, if sega don't care about it what is the bad part :?

Edit: ups, almost the same words that before :)
Mestre Ziming

Postby moi » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:21 am

Well I've read all the 18 pages and finally decied to register to add my 2 cents...

first i suspected a frustrated and fired SEGA employee behind the whole ressurection process... well it turned out to be much simplier.

But what can we/Sakuragaoka do? Hmm why not turning the domain to something it was meant to be? A page for ShenMue fans, with downloadable contents,tips and tricks,faqs, a message board etc..?
I mean Sakuragaoka can remove the copyrighted stuff add his own design, link to this message board etc, so SEGA sees it's not just "domain stealing"...

OK, I can understand SEGA wantig their domain back, but who the fuck cares for what SEGA wants....
moi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue