The Shenmue Passport

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Getintothegame » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:02 pm

lp1945 wrote:Jsut put a message in the "Urgent Messages" section explaining it isn't official and has nothing to do with SEGA and a message saying that if SEGA wants you to remove the content you'll do it immediately.

QFT.

I agree with this 100%, and this is still pretty amazing. I'm supporting you all of the way, as long as you announce that it's not offical.

Sakuragaoka, I'd like to have a quick chat with you sometime, I'm really interested in this.
Getintothegame
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:15 pm

I know the views are pretty even here, most of the newbies are in support of sakuragaoka and older forum members aren't happy with the fact that more hopes of a shenmue revival have been washed away once again. I'm relatively new myself and i gotta admit i'm impressed with what sakouragaoka has done but WHY he didn't tell people that he was responsable for this really pi**ed me off, i along with many others got my hopes up about this. On another note many people are now criticising SEGA saying they've treated shenmue and it's fans like dirt but if we want a future for shenmue then we gotta realise that SEGA are the ones who are responsable for any future shenmue games so i say we get behind SEGA and although it is highly unlikely, keep believing that the shenmue saga will continue in the games industry.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:21 pm

I think Sakuragaoka should put up the passport and in the urgent messages write "Curtisey of the Shenmue Dojo" and put up a dojo link. What a way to advertise.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby YoYoPo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:32 pm

lDarkWarriorl wrote:I think Sakuragaoka should put up the passport and in the urgent messages write "Curtisey of the Shenmue Dojo" and put up a dojo link. What a way to advertise.

what he said ^^
YoYoPo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mappsm » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:34 pm

:D |DarkWarrior| lol

I agree with the statements about keeping the site online.
About the passport I don't really know. Of course it would be nice to see it up and running but is it convinient for Sakuragaoka?
mappsm
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Mestre Ziming » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:35 pm

I think theres no problem, he is not someone trying to get money from this, he's only a shenmue fan trying to give the site back.

If sega want it back would be better take from in than other people with intecional prupouses, besides would be better for sega having the site up without the need of maintenece or paying anyting.
Mestre Ziming
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby JoeMDesign » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Hi, Everyone. When I heard about this one, I had to come back and throw in my two cents:

Issue #1: Sakuragaoka owns Shenmue.com? Is it legal?

Yes. In my oppinion he simply bought the domain when it had expired. If Sega wanted it so bad they would have gone to some lengths to re-new it. Quite simply, they haven't.

Issue #2: Is it right to re-upload the Passport?

Using the copyrighted material of someone else is always frowned upon. Trying to make it look as though you are affiliated with Sega is probably much worse. In theory it sounds okay, but nobody really misses the Passport (we've moved on quite frankly) and if Sega wanted to they would have ever right to pull the domain name back and sue Sakuragaoka for every penny he's got.

I agree if Sakuragaoka were making a site about his dog that happened to be called "Shenmue" then he may have a case, but this goes beyond that. He's using Sega's own Intellectual Property.

Issue #3: Sakuragaoka lied to us!

Shame on you.

Issue #4: Will Sega do anything about it?

Who can say? They're probably organising a meeting about it for tomorrow when the working week starts. It certainly doesn't make for a good sign that Sega are serious about ressurecting the franchise if they let their domain name slip through their fingers like this. You'd have to imagine that they'd want Shenmue Online to be a success so I'm guessing they'll be contacting Sakuaragaoka soon.

Issue #5: My oppinion?

Take down the site and all registered logos. Remove the Passport and destroy all the data from the site. Sega may go easy on you if you don't have any copyrighted material on there when they check it.

Well... That's what I'd do anyway. Sega may even offer to buy the domain name from you. Just don't give them a reason to sue you.

--

How's everyone doing?
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby trizob » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:54 pm

I highly doubt Sakuragaoka will get in any legal trouble. From SEGA's point of view, I doubt it's worth it to pursue him.
trizob

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:59 pm

Sorry, but Sakuragaoka's a fucking asshole, and I can't believe all the praise he's getting now. Jesus man, get a life.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm an older member and I quite like what he's done. Took some effort and he must have some quite good computer knowledge as well...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby ac2u » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:12 pm

SEF wrote:I'm an older member and I quite like what he's done. Took some effort and he must have some quite good computer knowledge as well...

But left a trail the length of The Great Wall
ac2u
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby HappyKillmore » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Why are you guys praising him?HE PLAYED US ALL FOR CHUMPS!,this guy is a fucking reject and should be banned and i hope sega sue him for every peso he has......but around 0.1% of me think he is a computer genius BUT THE OTHER 99.9% HATES HIS GUTS!
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby b_ren » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:27 pm

Miles Prower wrote:Sorry, but Sakuragaoka's a fucking asshole, and I can't believe all the praise he's getting now. Jesus man, get a life.

I agree :D
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:44 pm

After reading this whole topic it's amazing. When sakuragaoka first broke the news everyone was praising him, then when LanDC discovered he was a fraud everyone turned against him, then a few people stood up for him sayinng he is a die hard fan and is trying to do good for shenmue, Then another twist now, people are once again stating their disgust for the fraud that is named sakuragaoka. Like i said in my previous post i am pi**ed at sakuragaoka and what annoys me even more is the fact that had LanDC not exposed him then he would have kept his scam quiet and we would stil be believing that SEGA was behind this and that there might have been a shenmue revival.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby LionheartUK » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:53 pm

lDarkWarriorl wrote:
LionheartUK wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:I'm pissed off. shenmue.com doesn't work anymore! We just took a foward step into a darker Shenmue future. (Denied Shenmue Passport) It really doesn't matter who's in charge, it would be nice to see it running though but now it's not. Are you all happy! We killed off Shenmue.com and the Passport once and for all!

SHUT UP NOOB

SEGA Killed Shenmue.com and the Passport not us get a grip you crack head.

All you NOOB's who have 10 or less posts please stop Kissing this guys Arse cos he's done nothing good he's just fooled us all along and in my opinion is a very sad individual indeed.

It's pathetic losers like you that backtrack Shenmue fans from enjoying Passport. I didn't sign up to this forum to take this kind of bs from some stinky ass law enforcing little kid like you so why don't you just run off and go start a fight in another forum.

We have all been taken for mugs and all you and your pathetic followers can do is approve this and heap praise on him.

Lol stinky ass law enforcing "I am not a moderator" therefore theres no Law coming from me,Errr can't you tell by my posts?

I didn't sign up to this forum to be decieved by someone and to be installed with false hope.

Please don't call me a little kid every one gets pissed off when shit like this happens,It's pretty rich coming from someone who has "Power Rangers" in there Avatar,My 7 yr old nephew watches that and it's about as entertaining as this pathetic prank.
LionheartUK
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue