What's Shenmue "Famitsu Edition"?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

What's Shenmue "Famitsu Edition"?

Postby The Swill Man » Sun May 28, 2006 5:34 pm

I found this for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Whats-Shenmue-Not-For-Sale-Disc-Famitsu-Edition-Rare_W0QQitemZ8288554397QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Does anyone know what this is? Is it any different from the regular version of What's Shenmue? Does anyone own or has played one?
The Swill Man
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: What's Shenmue "Famitsu Edition"?

Postby Kiyuu » Sun May 28, 2006 9:44 pm

The Swill Man wrote:I found this for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Whats-Shenmue-Not-For-Sale-Disc-Famitsu-Edition-Rare_W0QQitemZ8288554397QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Does anyone know what this is? Is it any different from the regular version of What's Shenmue? Does anyone own or has played one?

The contents are the same. It was distributed through Famitsu, the game magazine.
The only difference is the color of the cover with "ファミ通 (Famitsu)" logo. I don't see
any reason why that edition is treated as if it has more value than the original. ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Supa » Sun May 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Julio III » Wed May 31, 2006 6:03 am

So Kiyuu, are they easier to get hold of in Japan? Any idea of the going rate? They are pretty rare to see in general.
Julio III
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby focused soul » Wed May 31, 2006 6:19 am

Shenmaster777 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Shenmue-2-XBOX-PROMO-POSTER-RARE-HOT_W0QQitemZ8288027754QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that real?

Holy hell, Ryo look's like a constipated Mr T in that poster :?
focused soul
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Miles Prower » Wed May 31, 2006 10:49 am

Thank god they had the sense to re-draw Ryo's face for the final Xbox cover. I'm still not a huge fan of the Xbox boxart, mind.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kiyuu » Wed May 31, 2006 11:24 am

Julio III wrote:So Kiyuu, are they easier to get hold of in Japan? Any idea of the going rate? They are pretty rare to see in general.

The Famitsu version is rarer, but it seems Japanese don't make much of it in particular.
"What's Shenmue" itself is not hot anymore, I suppose.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Julio III » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:14 pm

Wow, so that ebay for the orange What's Shenmue ended at arount $180 US or £100. Thats crazy money. Especially as its just a cover varient of an easy-to-get-hold-of demo disc. I'm assuming there must of been a lot of them printed if it was on the front of Famitsu, which is a huge magazine
Julio III
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hayakawa » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:42 am

You can buy Famitsu really easily in the UK if you're interested in getting demo disks and things from Japan ^^ I am a weekly subscriber~ But right now they've got the 20th anniversary and it's more expensive :( :(

I don't see the point in paying so much just for a measly game, it's really lame ^^;; No wonder nobody in Japan would buy it, because it's pointless haha, I think they have their minds in action more over there.
Hayakawa
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby JoeMDesign » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:34 am

Nice to know the Shenmue 2 page is still available on xbox.com (listed on the rare poster www.xbox.com/shenmue2) I somehow find some comfort in that.

I'd just like to play "What's Shenmue" can anyone post the game like before except without the host blowing it to pieces before I get the chance to download it?

JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Julio III » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:26 pm

joemdesign wrote:Nice to know the Shenmue 2 page is still available on xbox.com (listed on the rare poster www.xbox.com/shenmue2) I somehow find some comfort in that.

I'd just like to play "What's Shenmue" can anyone post the game like before except without the host blowing it to pieces before I get the chance to download it?

The normal edition only costs a tenner and is easily available on ebay. Thats not a lot of money.
Julio III
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JoeMDesign » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Hey... Not as rare as I thought... Thanks.

Obviously I'd prefer to have the real deal.

Die, Piracy! Die!
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue