Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Post your Shenmue collection!

Postby Fenix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 am

Peter wrote:let me know if you ever spot any for sale. Been after 1 and 2 for the Dreamcast but they must be pal, sealed and mint

I only collect Shenmue so I won't never sell it [-X :mrgreen:

Hope someday I'll find a Shenmue from Sega Saturn Beta. I'll sell my car to get it :rotflmao:
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 am

Fenix wrote:
Peter wrote:let me know if you ever spot any for sale. Been after 1 and 2 for the Dreamcast but they must be pal, sealed and mint

No i didnt ask you to sell me, anything, i said if yet ever see anything online to let me know. \:D/
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Fenix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Peter wrote:
Fenix wrote:

No i didnt ask you to sell me, anything, i said if yet ever see anything online to let me know. \:D/

Ah! Ok. Somebody was selling a Shenmue 1 Sealed for 99€ (Spain) but it seems it was ended or sold.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Your kidding! :twisted:

Hey thanks for letting me know. I am especially looking sealed PAL Shenmue 1 and 2. They seem to be the hardest. But they cant be ripped, scuffed or torn in any way. Have to be 100%. I might check ebay espana. I got the Shenmue soundtrack from Germany last night. :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Fenix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:43 am

Peter wrote:Your kidding! :twisted:

Hey thanks for letting me know. I am especially looking sealed PAL Shenmue 1 and 2. They seem to be the hardest. But they cant be ripped, scuffed or torn in any way. Have to be 100%. I might check ebay espana. I got the Shenmue soundtrack from Germany last night. :D

Yeah stay tuned because if the item has ended, we'll see it again soon. PAL are usually cheaper in UK, France, Spain or Europe countries but they're very very expensive in Ebay.com. That's what I've noticed.

Do you know something about this figures?
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:30 am

i recognise them, but i have never seen them before for sale. Not even on japanese websites
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Supa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow...I've only seen those in pictures. Probably super rare.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Fenix wrote:
Peter wrote:Your kidding! :twisted:

Yeah stay tuned because if the item has ended, we'll see it again soon. PAL are usually cheaper in UK, France, Spain or Europe countries but they're very very expensive in Ebay.com. That's what I've noticed.

Do you know something about this figures?

the name on the photo is of a ebay user, i think master kyodai purchased a few things from him
ah just looked him up and it turns out he doesn't exist anymore
Panda_rapist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:20 pm

When I was a still niave Shenmue fan and was buying gaming related figures and kept looking for shenmue. Now I see they actually existed. dag numnit
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Peter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:22 pm

I want the Niao Sun figure. I love it!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Supa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Can someone tell me what EXACTLY comes with a Shenmue II Dreamcast PAL, Shenmue II Dreamcast NTSC/J, Shenmue II Dreamcast Japanese Limited Edition, Shenmue I PAL, Shenmue I NTSC/J, Shenmue LE NTSC/J, and What's Shenmue??
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Supa wrote:Can someone tell me what EXACTLY comes with a Shenmue II Dreamcast PAL, Shenmue II Dreamcast NTSC/J, Shenmue II Dreamcast Japanese Limited Edition, Shenmue I PAL, Shenmue I NTSC/J, Shenmue LE NTSC/J, and What's Shenmue??

I believe the list below is the complete release of both Shenmue 1 and 2. I have included a personal rarity grade which i have decided upon what i have seen over the years searching for Shenmue collectibles over the years. The scores are out of 10, with 1 being the easiest to find and 10 being the most hardest thing to find. I apologise if there are any errors. If there is any mistakes, could someone correct me? Hope this helps! :)

PROJECT BERKLEY ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: November 27th 1998
System: Dreamcast
Region: NTSC/J
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 4/10.
Description: Project Berkley was the codename for AM2's project which ultimately became Shenmue. The disc was released with Virtua Fighter 3TB in Japan demonstrating what Yu Suzuki had been working on for years prior, and also the capability of Segas new console, the Dreamcast. The footage contains various Shenmue locations, the development of Shenmue characters and numerous rendered shots of the game (at the time)

WHATS SHENMUE? ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: June 1999 (original Shenmue release date) November 1999 (Famitsu Magazine)
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 6/10
Description: What's Shenmue? was a special premier disc in Japan given to those who pre-ordered Shenmue, additionally another edition of the disc was given away in Famitsu, a Japanese gaming magazine. The only difference between the two is that the Famitsu version has an orange cover, as apposed to a blue cover. Due to a delay in releasing Shenmue in Japan, anyone who pre-ordered it was given this on the date it was intended to be released on. The game itself works like a demo of Shenmue, featuring Dobuita, a town in Yokosuka, although not all of it is accessible. You play as Ryo much like you would in the full game. The disc also includes 4 of the movies included on the Passport disc of the original Shenmue that explain aspects of the game

SHENMUE CHAPTER 1 : YOKOSUKA ~NTSC/J~

Release: 29th December 1999
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 1/10.
Description: Standard release of Yu Suzuki's epic Shenmue Chapter 1: Yokosuka.
Includes the game on 3 discs, and the Shenmue Passport disc. (double CD case, 4 x Dreamcast GD-Rom, 38-page booklet, 18-page Passport booklet, spine card)

SHENMUE CHAPTER 1 : YOKOSUKA - LIMITED EDITION ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: 29th December 1999
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 2/10.
Description: Limited First Edition release of Shenmue Chapter 1 : Yokosuka. Includes the same double-CD package as the stand-alone version (above), bundled together with with a bonus 'Shenmue JukeBox' music CD. Both items are held inside a cardboard presentation sleeve.

US SHENMUE ~NTSC/J~

Release: 5th July 2001
Rarity: New - 10/10. Used - 8/10
Description: Full re-release of the first Shenmue, featuring the full english translation and voice dub. Cardboard presentation sleeve holds double CD case (featuring the US box art), 4 x Dreamcast GD-Rom, colour booklet.

SHENMUE II ~NTSC/J~

Release: 6th September 2001
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 7/10
Description: The sequel to Shenmue (1999), Shenmue IIMis a vast, epic and sprawling adventure, that remains one of Sega's most ambitious projects to date. Will Ryo avenge his father? Includes perfect in-game replicas of Hang-On (1985), Space Harrier (1985), Out Run (1986) and After Burner II (1987). Double CD case, 4 x Dreamcast GD-ROM, colour booklet, spine card.

SHENMUE II - LIMITED EDITION ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: 6th September 2001
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 6/10
Description: Special 'First Limited Edition' package of Shenmue II. Includes the same game contents as the standard release along with a Virtua Fighter 4 Premium Disk, both held inside a cardboard presentation sleeve.

SHENMUE ~PAL~

Release: 24th November 2000
Region: PAL
Rarity: New - 9/10. Used - 1/10
Description: Yu Suzukis masterpiece, converted into a full English dub complete with English subtitles and in game translations. 4 discs coming in 2 jewel Dreamcast cases. Both are enclosed in a cardboard wallet.

SHENMUE II ~PAL~

Release: 23rd November 2001
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 2/10
Description: Follow up to the groundbreaking Shenmue, Shenmue II sees Ryo Hazuki travel across China in the hunt for Lan Di, to avenge his fathers death. The game spanned across 4 GD-ROM discs, coming in 2 jewel Dreamcast cases. Both are enclosed in a cardboard wallet.

Shenmue IIx ~PAL~

Image Image

Release: 21st March 2003
System: Xbox
Rarity: New - 9/10. Used - 2/10
Description: Follow up to the groundbreaking Shenmue, Shenmue II sees Ryo Hazuki travel across China in the hunt for Lan Di, to avenge his fathers death. Crammed all on one disc, Shenmue IIx seen the game accompanied with a Shenmue:The Movie DVD.

SHENMUE ~NTSC/US~

Release: 6th November 2000
Region: NTSC/US
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 2/10
Description: Yu Suzukis masterpiece, converted into a full English dub complete with English subtitles and in game translations. 4 discs coming in a double jewel Dreamcast case.

SHENMUE - LIMITED EDITION ~NTSC/US~

Image Image

Release: 6th November 2000
Rarity: New - 9/10. Used - 5/10
Description: Same release of Shenmue standard edition, but comes with the Shenmue Jukebox soundtrack.

SHENMUE IIx ~NTSC/US~

Image Image

Release: 28th October 2002
System: Xbox
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 3/10
Description: Follow up to the groundbreaking Shenmue, Shenmue II sees Ryo Hazuki travel across China in the hunt for Lan Di, to avenge his fathers death. Crammed all on one disc, Shenmue IIx seen the game accompanied with a Shenmue:The Movie DVD.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Supa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks for the work, Peter, but I'm wanting to know down to the inserts/ads contained in each and every game.

And I have a LE Japanese Shenmue I, and a Japanese Shenmue I that is not LE. Is there any difference at all that I could tell between one that was sold plain and the one that was sold in the LE?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Forgot to say, great collection Sean. I hope over the course of this year, i should have a collection that big.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue