Sonofabitch threw away a perfectly good Winning Can...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Sonofabitch threw away a perfectly good Winning Can...

Postby Jibby » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Ceej wrote:
BlueMue wrote: Sometimes Demul will crash while loading. In an unfortunate situation it will continue to crash every time you load the save. That's what happened today when I wanted to give the winning can thing another shot.
Sometimes it even crashes when you make a save and I don't have to tell you how much that sucks in Shenmue.

I actually just assumed the Demul Save States were completely broken. I've never gotten save states to work without Demul crashing on me.

I just gave it a shot and it's working perfectly for me with the new alpha version.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Jibby wrote:
As for the lucky can, forgive me if this suggestion is really stupid since I have 0 experience with modding, but could you look at the hex data to find out if the game does anything differently (such as add a flag that stops winning cans) when you buy a drink for Wang compared to when you buy a drink for yourself?

I'd be really interested to see this.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Jibby » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Amir wrote:
Jibby wrote:
As for the lucky can, forgive me if this suggestion is really stupid since I have 0 experience with modding, but could you look at the hex data to find out if the game does anything differently (such as add a flag that stops winning cans) when you buy a drink for Wang compared to when you buy a drink for yourself?

It might be that there is a flag but the game glitched and didn't load it for you. That could explain why people are having difficulty getting it to happen again.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Jibby wrote:
Amir wrote:
Jibby wrote:

It might be that there is a flag but the game glitched and didn't load it for you. That could explain why people are having difficulty getting it to happen again.

Maybe, the only other glitch I've noticed is the music slowing down before and after loading screens, but this is pretty rare (maybe due to aging GD drive?). Maybe the slow drive made it skip such a flag if it exists?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Jibby » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Amir wrote:
Jibby wrote:
Amir wrote:
Jibby wrote:

Maybe, the only other glitch I've noticed is the music slowing down before and after loading screens, but this is pretty rare (maybe due to aging GD drive?). Maybe the slow drive made it skip such a flag if it exists?

But then again, you'd think that if this were the case Ryo's "Hey, I won!" dialogue would also trigger considering the game isn't expecting a lucky can wouldn't be instructed to skip it. Very strange.
Either that or there is no flag. I'm just speculating.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Chaikilla » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:43 pm

I think I remember this happening to me in one of my playthroughs but then again, I could be convincing myself it did. Resisting the urge to test this out.
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue