How to Transfer Saves?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

How to Transfer Saves?

Postby Jonesy47 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Ok, so I JUST completed the pal version of Shenmue 1. How do I transfer my save to pal Shenmue II? In both Shenmue and Shenmue II, the continue option if unavailable.
Sorry, if I posted this question in the wrong section.
Jonesy47
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: How to Transfer Saves?

Postby PILMAN » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:38 pm

You will need to find a program called dream explorer, you can burn it on disk and need to change the hex values to use it on pal, it is pretty easy. I recommend doing a Google search and you will find instructions on how to modify the hex values.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby amiga1200 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 pm

:P i have both retail PAL-EUR games.
when you start shenmue 2, before the game is properly entered, an option appears asking for a shenmue 1 save file.
has to be the same region of shenmue for both games. (naturally, if no s1 file present, the basic s2 stats apply.)
and if i'm not mistaken, the existing save from s1 can be exported to s2, even if s1 wasn't completed.
(you carry over most of the stats from the last game.)
if the dreamcast frontend allows backup of the save, copy to another vmu. (80+ blocks iir?) and have the vmu in the first most pad socket (save/sram socket a-1) and boot the game, and follow instruction from a NEW game of shunmue 2.
all the best. :P
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Jonesy47 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 pm

PILMAN wrote: You will need to find a program called dream explorer, you can burn it on disk and need to change the hex values to use it on pal, it is pretty easy. I recommend doing a Google search and you will find instructions on how to modify the hex values.

You didnt read my post. Both my Shenmue copies are pal unless you meant to do it even IF theyre both the same region?

amiga1200 wrote: :P i have both retail PAL-EUR games.
when you start shenmue 2, before the game is properly entered, an option appears asking for a shenmue 1 save file.
has to be the same region of shenmue for both games. (naturally, if no s1 file present, the basic s2 stats apply.)
and if i'm not mistaken, the existing save from s1 can be exported to s2, even if s1 wasn't completed.
(you carry over most of the stats from the last game.)
if the dreamcast frontend allows backup of the save, copy to another vmu. (80+ blocks iir?) and have the vmu in the first most pad socket (save/sram socket a-1) and boot the game, and follow instruction from a NEW game of shunmue 2.
all the best. :P

Ok, theyre both PAL versions of Shenmue I and II. In Shenmue I, it says I have a completed save file so I put in Shenmue II annnnnnd...it detects no saves. I actually have two saves on the memory card (one from disc 2 and then the completed file next, third slot blank).
Wait...
So I click NEW game???
What's Continue for then?

*goes and clicks on NEW game*

OH SNAP!!!
Ok, you just click New Game!
This menu is misleading!!!
Oh, and it looks like you DO need a completed file!
THANKS GUYS!!! \:D/
Jonesy47
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Return to Shenmue