Why won't SEGA release a HD version?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Why won't SEGA release a HD version?

Postby asdfguy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Kiske wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: I've said it countless times before. there will never be a shenmue hd release. simply because it's not worth the time and the money to invest in it. they would have to reprogram certain parts as well like the qte's and sponsor things like timex. in general it's quite a bit of work to rerelease a massive game like this. look at square and final fantasy x remake for instance. that cost a lot of money and effort and that is final fantasy 10. square's benchmark rpg

What do you mean exactly? Why would they have to reprogram QTE's and sponsor things?

I can understand some sponsors may have to be replaced, but it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.
It's mainly a matter of textures, isn't?

This is exactly what I said. Japanese version of Shenmue had the Coca Cola vending machines. This was removed on the U.S and EU release.
asdfguy
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Giorgio » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:21 pm

asdfguy wrote:
Kiske wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: I've said it countless times before. there will never be a shenmue hd release. simply because it's not worth the time and the money to invest in it. they would have to reprogram certain parts as well like the qte's and sponsor things like timex. in general it's quite a bit of work to rerelease a massive game like this. look at square and final fantasy x remake for instance. that cost a lot of money and effort and that is final fantasy 10. square's benchmark rpg

What do you mean exactly? Why would they have to reprogram QTE's and sponsor things?

I can understand some sponsors may have to be replaced, but it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.

This is exactly what I said. Japanese version of Shenmue had the Coca Cola vending machines. This was removed on the U.S and EU release.

Also removed in this video https://youtu.be/oaQ9vOw2lC0?t=1m52s :rotflmao:
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Giorgio wrote:
asdfguy wrote:
Kiske wrote:

Also removed in this video https://youtu.be/oaQ9vOw2lC0?t=1m52s :rotflmao:

I think i died after watching that video O.O
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kiske » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 am

I know for some of you this constitutes a "sacrilege", but can you picture it? :-o

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BlueMue » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:10 am

All we need is a ShenmueShock Controller for the PS4 with classic letter buttons and a Shenmue design.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 am

BlueMue wrote: All we need is a ShenmueShock Controller for the PS4 with classic letter buttons and a Shenmue design.

You mean, this:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby BlueMue » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 am

Well, I don't see letters on the buttons and it has the wrong VMU screen but it's close enough. :mrgreen:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:07 pm

Kiske wrote: I know for some of you this constitutes a "sacrilege", but can you picture it? :-o

The lack of colour compared to Dreamcast/Xbox buttons is slightly disconcerting and odd-looking, but that's most likely because we're all so used to the aforementioned and anything else looks alien. We'd forget about the difference soon enough, though, but for the anally retentive who couldn't possibly bear to accept such a minimal change, however... well, that's their problem :P

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:24 am

Kiske wrote: I know for some of you this constitutes a "sacrilege", but can you picture it? :-o

Holy shit, i just realized that im gonna be sucking at the qtes now in shenmue 3 since thats not coming out for dc and the icons are different cause im not used to the PS control button.... darn...
Since the xbox and the dc have the same ABXY button setup at the same places, it was all good, but now when it says PRESS SQUARE or something.. i will have to look down at my controller and probably failing at the qte... darn, i tried playing Yakuza and thats on Playstation and everytime theres a qte there i always end up failing at it... hmmm
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:46 am

You'd better get practising with Haruka's kareoke missions in Yakuza 5. :spinnn:

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, GYO6161
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby scarless landi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:26 pm

I sometimes mess up on my QTE's because of the color display. When "A" shows up I think to press "B" because its red on a Xbox 360 controller. GAH!
scarless landi
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 pm

scarless landi wrote: I sometimes mess up on my QTE's because of the color display. When "A" shows up I think to press "B" because its red on a Xbox 360 controller. GAH!

Yeah, Shenmue 3 is gonna suck even more now for us lel. 8-[
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Perhaps we should ask them to include an option for classic colors on the QTE's. Worst case scenario, it could be modded in.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:02 pm

I think the best way for Sega/YSnet would be to display the buttons bigger and without the black background. The colors in Bluemue's version really don't emerge enough. We're far from the spirit of the toy that inspired Suzuki for the QTE invention.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:02 pm

You have to look at this from SEGA's perspective: fans desperately want Shenmue I & II HD to compliment the long awaited release of Shenmue III. So, if we just use SEGA's logic, we will most assuredly receive, 'Sonic & Tails Wheel of Fortune'.

Wude-Tang Clan has received a thanks from: Mr357
Wude-Tang Clan

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue