unused scene involving jimmy.

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

unused scene involving jimmy.

Postby LanDC » Wed May 14, 2003 11:37 am

This is pretty cool, i was searching around in shenmue disc 1's scenes some more, and found a unused scene about jimmy. its strange, because it features some of the same stuff in the scene with tony and smith before you get to heartbeats... here are all of their subs from the scene..

Ryo: They got in my way.
Ryo: Oh really?
Ryo: By the way, i am looking for a guy called jimmy.

TONY: nighty night!
TONY: aww does it hurt?
TONY: This oughta make Mama cry.
TONY: Why you little!
TONY: Take that!
TONY: Hey you!
TONY: hey hey hey!

SMITH: you wanna peice of me?
SMITH: How do you feel now?

JIMMY:Hey, why dya do that?
JIMMY: But even so.
JIMMY: Jimmy? never heard of him.

I dont know whats going on here. lol, but it looked pretty cool. also, ive tried replacing scenes with others, hoping it would show, like that one i said earlier about chasing terry, i tried putting it over the jimmy chase, but it was the same scene, just with no sound... but i still wonder if i put the unused scenes like the nozomi rescue with pedro talking, over the original one. its the same scene, but pedro has a line. it should play that. i thought the afs files included everything, i dont know how the hell i can make it view these actual scenes. but these files include the sound effects and everything, so there are some unused voice overs in here :D . soon i will try putting that different rescue version over. and see if pedro says "Ok princess, go back over to your little prince". and if it does. ill record it... but.. does anyone have a save where you are looking for charlie?? cause i need to see what that parking lot ambush does now.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Wed May 14, 2003 1:08 pm

Wow Lan, awesome finds!(now how many times have we said that lol)
Good luck trying to access the scenes! ^_^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Wuying Ren » Wed May 14, 2003 1:17 pm

Interesting discovery! You've found a lot of things in your time haven't you!

Even though I hardly understood a word of what you said last! How exactly are you doing all this? I saw someone saying something about a "modded" Xbox? Is that just a chipped Xbox?
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LanDC » Wed May 14, 2003 2:14 pm

unfortunatly i cant use my xbox for this. i modded my dc to read cdrws, so i can just keep rewriting, and special thanks to nuts to that for sending me a copy, so i can get the files off of it. cant get the files from the GD-ROM unless you have the ability to rip from them, and i dont.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Thu May 15, 2003 3:15 am

I hate to disappoint ya again Lan, but most of those Tony and Smith lines are triggered if you fail any of the QTE's when you first meet them in the alley :P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby LanDC » Thu May 15, 2003 7:19 am

Miles Prower wrote:I hate to disappoint ya again Lan, but most of those Tony and Smith lines are triggered if you fail any of the QTE's when you first meet them in the alley :P

Uhh, isnt that what i said? i said it was strange at the fact these subs were jumbled in with the qte with tony and smith before the heartbeats scene.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Thu May 15, 2003 7:24 am

I doubt you'll want to invest some money for a "DC Coder's Cable" then you'll be able to rip original GD-Rom images.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Thu May 15, 2003 9:26 am

LanDC wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:I hate to disappoint ya again Lan, but most of those Tony and Smith lines are triggered if you fail any of the QTE's when you first meet them in the alley :P

Uhh, isnt that what i said? i said it was strange at the fact these subs were jumbled in with the qte with tony and smith before the heartbeats scene.

A thousand apologies Lan, I was skim-reading :oops:
Sorry bout that dude.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby LanDC » Thu May 15, 2003 1:28 pm

I should also mention that it's much easier to switch locations on here. on shenmue 2, the area's walls would be filled with inventory items... like the "bag sticker glitch". i wonder if i can find the theatre or something.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mikec_ct » Sun May 18, 2003 11:15 pm

If you find the theater I will love you forever. Well I will love you forever anyway, but I'll be able to see the theater too!

mwahahahahah
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueAddict » Mon May 19, 2003 7:13 am

LanDC wrote:I should also mention that it's much easier to switch locations on here. on shenmue 2, the area's walls would be filled with inventory items... like the "bag sticker glitch". i wonder if i can find the theatre or something.

if you found the theatre that would be awsome!!
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby Veteah » Mon May 19, 2003 10:45 am

It would be great if ou could find the cinima. *deep and threating voice* FINNNNDDDD IIIITTTTTT!!!
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Miles Prower » Mon May 19, 2003 3:21 pm

That would indeed rock! :D
(Yay, 200th post! :P )
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby mikec_ct » Mon May 19, 2003 3:29 pm

Congrats Miles! And I've always felt that we were kindred spirits (LMAO!) as my screen name at the once-bustling but now nearly dead SegaWeb forums was Tails.
mikec_ct
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Andy » Mon May 19, 2003 9:15 pm

nice find! :D
Andy
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue