Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcast

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Postby Hunk_4TH » Tue May 10, 2011 11:29 am

Anthony817 wrote:Sorry guys, Smith said he would not be reuploading them because they were removed by megaupload, and they were both up for a year, plenty of time for all Shenmue fans to download them.

I sadly never backed up the 99min version on my PC, which I should have done at the start.

@Hunk, that is a different version. It was made by somebody to be played only in NullDC, but CoCo says they will fit on a 99min cdr, but they aren't self booting.

I see that some say the disc's are over 1gb in size, so no joy there.

I do have a 32gb sd card on my Dreamcast, but sadly Shenmue 2 is not booting up in Dreamshell. http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopi ... 05&start=0

Ah, ok thanks Anthony! I have Nulldc and a wireless 360 controller. So I'll probably use that to play it. I was able to backup my Shenmue II save from my VMU to my sd card via Dreamshell.
Hunk_4TH
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Hunk_4TH
Steam: hunk339
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Anthony817 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Before I bought the Dreamcast I have now, I was playing Shenmue 2 with a wireless 360 controller too in HD via NullDC, God it is beautiful. Lets hope the 360 and PS3 get a PROPER HD widescreen remake of this classic. Not like that fiasco that Sonic Adventure was with borders and all...

I bought Crazy Taxi on Xbox Live, and was kind of disappointed by the graphical problems, you can definitely tell it is a PC port, not the Naomi or Dreamcast version.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby Hunk_4TH » Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 am

Oh I agree man! I've gotten a little spoiled using my wireless 360 pad in Nulldc laying on my bed :lol:

Yeah, kind of sucks what they did with Sonic Adventure. I think they said it was hard to modify for widescreen. Crazy Taxi was not too bad on PS3 not sure about the 360 version. I too am hoping Shenmue/II will get ported with trophies etc.. maybe even the old score ranking system!

*Edit* Btw Anthony, what are your settings for running Shenmue II in Nulldc?
Hunk_4TH

Postby Anthony817 » Sun May 15, 2011 11:39 pm

To be honest, I haven't touched NullDC for about 3 years since I got the Dreamcast I have now. I wouldn't even know where to start with NullDC now, plum forgot how to even set it up.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hunk_4TH » Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 am

Ah ok. I still use my DC. But I mainly use Nulldc for games that I want to run in VGA mode on my TV since my TV doesn't like the VGA input from my DC. The new Nulldc is very easy to setup and configure. Even works with the 360 pads out of the box no configuring :)
Hunk_4TH

Postby Anthony817 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:17 am

If you own a Logitech G15 keyboard, you will be happy to know that I personally asked the NullDC dev named psyman to implement a plugin for the keyboard lcd screen to allow you to view the emulated VMU screens on it. Pretty awesome if you can get the kb, it makes it feel more authentic.

Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hunk_4TH » Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Anthony817 wrote:If you own a Logitech G15 keyboard, you will be happy to know that I personally asked the NullDC dev named psyman to implement a plugin for the keyboard lcd screen to allow you to view the emulated VMU screens on it. Pretty awesome if you can get the kb, it makes it feel more authentic.

Oh wow that's pretty cool! I'd love to have that keyboard. Bet it's expensive :lol:
Hunk_4TH

Postby Anthony817 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 pm

It cost me $100 in 2006, I am sure they are way cheaper nowadays. That is the older version though, they make a new one called the G19 with a color lcd that costs $200. One day I will have one, one day...

The awesome thing is that the concept of the Dreamcast VMU screen lives on in these keyboards, and reportedly Nintendo is going to have a 5 inch lcd screen on its new fangled controller for the sucessor to the Wii.

If Nintendo caters more to the hardcore audience like the PC, 360 and PS3 does, I might just have to get one.

Anyway, I am taking this too far off topic.

Point is, if you must emulate on the PC, these keyboards make it feel a little bit more awesome.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun May 22, 2011 5:11 pm

You need to convince Smith to share those files again.

Maybe use some other site as a host such as SiteSled.
I downloaded them awhile back but I no longer have the files and never got a chance to burn it.
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Nico0020 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I just registered here looking hoping someone here still had the files. I really want this. I downloaded the original release, but not the 99min version. Does anyone at all still have the files for this? Really we need a torrent for this :<
Nico0020
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: ONESTAR v2
Currently playing: Shenmue Undub 99 Min

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun May 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I can't imagine someone putting in so much time and hard work for their project to just suddenly be erased and never seen again without doing something about it.

Obviously Smith created this for the fans, so, PLEASE help the fans once more.

EDIT: Actually, I found Anthony talking on another site and he stated that Smith made this especially for him. It was nice of you to share it though, Anthony and Smith, it's just too bad it is gone.

:-({|=
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sat May 28, 2011 2:37 am

Didn't Smith make a backup? Also, "what goes on the internet, stays on the internet". It's got to be floating around on the internet somewhere...
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby sm1th » Sat May 28, 2011 9:46 pm

lDarkWarriorl wrote:Didn't Smith make a backup?

I don't have a backup of the 99min or 80min Shenmue 2 Full English Speech versions anymore.

:(
sm1th
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby lDarkWarriorl » Sun May 29, 2011 3:38 am

sm1th wrote:
lDarkWarriorl wrote:Didn't Smith make a backup?

I don't have a backup of the 99min or 80min Shenmue 2 Full English Speech versions anymore.

:(

I actually backed up all 4 disc rips that you released (99 min). I'm a strong believer in file sharing and keeping everything once released on the internet accessible forever.

I have no problem sending the .cdi's back to you if it means everyone can continue to download them one way or another. (And I suggest anyone who downloads them to keep a personal backup). I'm sure it took many hours to create.

I also recently bought the banana cds and would like to personally thank you, Smith. The disc 1 rip is a godsend. And being an owner of the European DC and US xbox copies (although i dont own an xbox anymore), these rips will be my new primary versions of S2.
lDarkWarriorl
Creator of Earth Crisis
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: TAF_Nukem
XBL: TAF Nukem
Nintendo FC: DukeNukm
Steam: DukeNukem

Postby Anthony817 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:51 pm

How much would you charge to make me a 99min version of Shenmue 2 English speech?

Anyway, I spoke to a guy that backs up everything he can on his PC Dreamcast related. He did tell me he would repost it for others to share, but he has been busy.

I just don't want to rerip mine becuases he already has the original package, and if ripped it would have to be done with Alcohol 120, and no longer be a cdi.

Also, I only have the 80 min version, as I never bought the 99min cdr's.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects