Shenmue 2 FULL ENGLISH Voice Project

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Clint wrote:I don't want to see Corey Marshall anywhere near Shenmue III, should the game ever see the light of day.

Someone needs to go back and dub over all of his voice acting from past and present installments.

Its not Coreys fault its the Ryo character himself its like hes the Keano Reeves of japan ' flat and emotionless ' . For the sake of continuity I would rather Corey did voice S3 and I'd prefer the same graphix engine.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Re: Shenmue 2 FULL ENGLISH Voice Project

Postby HappyKillmore » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 am

Lunchbox6954 wrote:Hello,

I am willing to spend my time making a FULL voiced ENGLISH Shenmue 2 for the DC using the xbox voices (with FREE mode voiced) if someone can explain WHAT needs to be done I will do it

:?
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:18 am

As much as i love all kinds of mods this thread seems to slowly fall into drama. I don't even wanna get into detail about Corey Marshal's linguistic abilities. I can see why someone who doesn't speak japanese want an english version (although i barely realized I'm playing a japanese game with english subs), although the statement irritates me that "I played the SHIT out of visual novels that are Japanese+english text ", i also don't wanna get in detail why i call these "click and sleep adventures".

I just hope this thread gets into shape again, i have serious doubts that additional smileys add much to the topic here.

My personal oppinion is that you'd end up with the same "bad" rip as stated in the second post, this seems to be what derives when you just throw the english voice files into S2 DC.

I also can't understand why it shouldn't fit onto a CD-r, i have doubt the english phrases will make you require "THREE DVDs" instead of 3 CD-R. It sounds a bit irritating when someone is like "I don't know how you do it, but i already know it will be MUCH LARGER". If this derives from the fact that the (english) XBox Version comes on a DVD then OK - yeah that wouldn't fit on a CD-R indeed. But well it fitted on 4 CD-R if i remember right.

Please no more discussions about if Corey marshals voice is great or crap unless it's really related to Emulation or modding. I have doubts the fans of one language version can convince the fans of the other version that theirs is crap ( Imho both versions are great and really professional for a video game).
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:23 am

Master Kyodai wrote:
Please no more discussions about if Corey marshals voice is great or crap unless it's really related to Emulation or modding.

Sorry, I started all that off. But I would love to play the first game in Japanese. I would also want it on DC and not emulated as no emulators seem to run on Vista.

What subtitle options does the Japanese version have? Is there Chinese?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 am

LawXiu wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
Please no more discussions about if Corey marshals voice is great or crap unless it's really related to Emulation or modding.

Sorry, I started all that off. But I would love to play the first game in Japanese. I would also want it on DC and not emulated as no emulators seem to run on Vista.

What subtitle options does the Japanese version have? Is there Chinese?

Ahh forgiven and forgotten. After all it's still about Shenmue so we had worse dramas here. I would suggest you download the japanese version disc 1 and see if you like it in an emulator. Then get a japanese Shenmue 1 off ebay if it's what you like. They sometimes still appear on ebay and can run with the boot disc (utopia or others) on any Dreamcast.

Imho the japanese voices are the best ones and actually the only version where "so-ka/so-desu-ka?" seems fitting (The english pendant "Is that so" or "I see" may sometimes be irritating in english, Japanese is hard to translate).

However, I'd say it's only real fun if you speak japanese. It's one of the easier games to "understand" as it does not throw around with japanese word-jokes that are impossible to translate and terribly unfunny if you dont speak japanese like many other games.

The japanese version only features japanese subtitles. The only version that supports different subtitles is the japanese release "US-Shenmue", a rare version with english voices and subs switchable between japanese and english. A chinese subtitle version does afaik not exist.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:15 pm

I am actually willing to translate the script to Chinese but I cant find a script that's 100%. Plus I don't think there is a demand for it.

Even if I did do it someone else would have to put the subtitles in the game. Not one of my abilities.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Lunchbox6954 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:43 am

WARNING NERD RAGE!

Jesus!

you all complain sooo much that the english sucks! but its not about "how much it sucks" all i m saying is REGARDLESS of the crappy voice acting I WANT to make this happen, I want the same experience I had on xbox but on my dreamcast >_< I know how to do this crap I just need to know what files I need from the xbox

oh and if anyone doubts I know what I am doing...

www.enterthewired.org

I am the person porting Kanon over to psp...and trust me, that's probably a HELL of a lot harder then converting/porting sound files (aka hex editing blows assholes)

(nerd rage ^)
So please...I just need a Little hands up on this project before I get started that is all I am asking and I hope someone will shine a beacon of light upon this thread and have the same feelings I do about playing the game in English :)

Oh...and do you know were sailors hang out?
Lunchbox6954
Asia Travel Representative

Postby kakuzawa » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:32 am

Would be great too play Shenmue 2 in JAP on Xbox ;) Shouldn't be too hard to do, once we will hear english voices on DC:)
kakuzawa
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Used to modify S2X

Postby Lunchbox6954 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 am

kakuzawa wrote:Would be great too play Shenmue 2 in JAP on Xbox ;) Shouldn't be too hard to do, once we will hear english voices on DC:)

I swore the Xbox game had dual audio...but I guess I will have to double check :)
Lunchbox6954

Postby Lunchbox6954 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:35 pm

I started work on this, it may be to big to hold on CD but I will down sample FREE voice mode SLIGHTY under what they are to save a few MB so far its not notice-able using the emulator
Lunchbox6954

Previous

Return to Community Projects