Help with TexMod?

(Modding and other series related projects)

Help with TexMod?

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 pm

So, I'm trying to use TexMod on NullDC but it's only working on older versions, (before 1.04 Final) which are still buggy and receive too many graphical glitches. Is there a way to force it to work on the new versions?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Help with TexMod?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 pm

To extract or to swap?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:36 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: To extract or to swap?

Swap Textures. It works in an early version of NullDC as I removed all of Ryo's textures so he's completely invisible as well as all HUD elements. This sort of works for a make shift camera, allowing me to take First Person snapshots of locations but, again that version of nulldc is buggy, weird shadows, geometry, invisible characters, etc.

It won't work on any other version at all to extract or to swap. It doesn't even show up on the screen that says it's active. I think it might have something to do with the graphics plugin for the newer versions but i don't think the older plugins will work on anything after 1.6 beta.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 pm

I tend to just stick with that version anyway, regardless of bugs. It's simply the best one. I'd suggest just taking multiple snapshots and using your Photoshop skills to correct any errors (I presume it's PS you use anyway...) Have you tried it on demul?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:20 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I tend to just stick with that version anyway, regardless of bugs. It's simply the best one. I'd suggest just taking multiple snapshots and using your Photoshop skills to correct any errors (I presume it's PS you use anyway...) Have you tried it on demul?

Nope. I use GIMP. I know it's hard to believe, but if you know what you're doing, it's not an awful program. :rotflmao:
Though it is a lot of work, when animating because it's frame by frame.

Well, my computer is a laptop and it's shitty and Demul is MUCH MUCH too slow. I think only about 5FPS.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby wude » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 pm

did you try to edit the game files, with "Models Textures Editor" and pvr plugin for ps (no gimp sorry)

wude has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, ShenmueTree
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 am

^This. There's shitloada tools over on the Shenmue Translation site. Forget what it's actually called... Still, if you're having problems with the framerate, disabling the sound from the emulator's menu usually makes it go a hell of a lot faster (usually much faster than it's actually supposed to run) Perfect for when you need to rush through to a certain point n'all.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Was hoping I wouldn't have to so I could do it a bit easier but maybe it's what it will come down to.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Community Projects