Shenmue Undub Download Here..

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub Download Here..

Postby ShenSun » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Despite the current issues with the undub, I think Sm1th has done great job, considering that no one else has come close to delivering such a release in the past 14 years.

Ill personally be waiting for kogami's project, but sm1th's version is definitely 100% playable. Good job man.

I also don't think no one is negatively criticizing your work. Rather, they are just stating the problems that they have encountered.

All in all, thanks for your hard work dude, we appreciate it.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby kogami » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 pm

sm1th wrote:
kogami wrote: I am preparing a full version english subtitle. The version with French subtitles happen much later time to translate the English subtitles to the French. CD 1 is finish and CD 2 is 70% complete

I know you are making a 99min cd-r version..
I can help you get this version on 80min cd-r also if needed.

I did some quick tests for CD 1, I got a 720mb. I am able to downsample the audio voice file. CD 2 should not be too much a problem either, I get a 787mb iso. However, the CD 3 is the biggest in size 840mb + 21MB track05.raw (CDDA track).

Once completed the CD-R 99 Version we will see together what we can do for relance CD-R 80.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby johnvivant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:35 pm

kogami wrote:
sm1th wrote:
kogami wrote: I am preparing a full version english subtitle. The version with French subtitles happen much later time to translate the English subtitles to the French. CD 1 is finish and CD 2 is 70% complete

I know you are making a 99min cd-r version..
I can help you get this version on 80min cd-r also if needed.

I did some quick tests for CD 1, I got a 720mb. I am able to downsample the audio voice file. CD 2 should not be too much a problem either, I get a 787mb iso. However, the CD 3 is the biggest in size 840mb + 21MB track05.raw (CDDA track).

Once completed the CD-R 99 Version we will see together what we can do for relance CD-R 80.

an 80min version will be highly appreciated!

and kogami on your version will you be able to somehow allow us to carry the saves over onto a pal copy of shenmue 2, like we currently can with smiths version, or is this not possible because your using the japanese version.

i really do appreciate the work the both smith and kogami are putting into this and looking forward to the completion. direct translation of the japanese will be very interesting.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby kogami » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:55 pm

I used as the base version of the iso (Pal), I just picked up the file (.AFS) with Japanese subtitles and Japanese audio of iso Shenmue (J) I imported into iso Shenmue (Pal).

The save game will work fine with Shenmue II (Pal) Dreamcast ;)
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby johnvivant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 pm

kogami wrote: I used as the base version of the iso (Pal), I just picked up the file (.AFS) with Japanese subtitles and Japanese audio of iso Shenmue (J) I imported into iso Shenmue (Pal).

The save game will work fine with Shenmue II (Pal) Dreamcast ;)

amazing stuff, look forward to it.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby kogami » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:41 am

My Undub version will not be 100% English subtitle, in fact the Japanese version of Shenmue contain much more text than the English version. Initially I was going to Propose a version not complete, some Japanese dialogues appear occasionally (it represents 2% of total text).

I wanted to put online in the coming days CD 1 and 2 Shenmue UNDUB, however, I found someone who could translate all dialogues remained in Japanese.

I delay the output of cd 1 and 2 of Shenmue Undub.

Here's the latest info on my part :)

kogami has received a thanks from: wude
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby johnvivant » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 am

Finished a complete playthough of smith's undub last night and enjoyed it alot despite the issues mentioned in mine and others posts.

just thought i add some notes of the things i found.

-game is missing perhaps 40% of the japanese speech audio almost of which is in the Free adventure sections.
of that remaining perhaps 30% is out of order or in the wrong place (maybe more but not that familiar with japanese). subtitles cut off prematurely sometimes when audio is missing which could be an issue for newer players who might miss information.

-all cutscenes are pretty much perfect, with only very rare lip sync issue or of speech being cut off.

-the final cutscene of boat is missing any audio for the poem narration

-at the beginning of the ryo + nozomi motorcyle ride back to dobuita before the 'wish' song starts you can hear the dreamcast 'its thinking' chime (from the adverts) which i don't remember being there in the original game. the subs for the song are either completly wrong of out of sync with song as well.

game is perfectly playable all the way through,

the closest thing to a crash was during one of the phone calls with nozomi, the one where she says she has the feeling of being watched. some of the audio seems to be missing causing ryo to stay locked on the phone for about a minute, but he does eventually put the phone down.

only minor but the move scrolls you buy don't have any spaces in their titles when you initially buy them. not sure if it was like that in original.

overall very happy to play this. thanks smith.

look forward to kogami version with further improvements.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sm1th » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm

First off let me say that I am glad that someone has played undub all the way through and can review it. To top it off you actually know japanese which is even more awesome.

johnvivant wrote: -game is missing perhaps 40% of the japanese speech audio almost of which is in the Free adventure sections.

This is true. FREE SPEECH is the bulk of speech files. JAP version has many more files than PAL. The files are also named differently/missing between both versions. All incompatible files are dummied..Hence the missing speech!

johnvivant wrote:-all cutscenes are pretty much perfect, with only very rare lip sync issue or of speech being cut off.

This is true. CINEMATICS should be 98% complete. As for lip sync issues the same thing happens with ENG Speech mod. Compare it to a dubbed kung fu movie. This could only be fixed if a translation is done to the subs...i.e Kogami's upcoming release!

johnvivant wrote:-the final cutscene of boat is missing any audio for the poem narration

Yes, I don't really know anything about this sorry.

johnvivant wrote:-at the beginning of the ryo + nozomi motorcyle ride back to dobuita before the 'wish' song starts you can hear the dreamcast 'its thinking' chime (from the adverts) which i don't remember being there in the original game. the subs for the song are either completly wrong of out of sync with song as well.

This is something that happened during optimizing the disks. When making the discs resemble the actual gd-rom's 2 CDDA files on CD3 are used...i.e adding the chime is track01.raw. In the earlier undub versions I only used the motorcycle scene audio (track02.raw).

I have no plans of fixing any of the issues.

KOGAMI-->
*Remember to only add track02.raw on cd3 for CDDA.
*Remember to add the audio for the final cutscene.
(I think Illducci mentioned this to me...but, I honestly don't remember where the audio for this cutscene is.)
sm1th
Master of the Three Blades

Postby kogami » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 pm

I just finished CD2 Undub , after a long work week ^^

I have not yet started work on the CD 3, but I looked at the problem of the poem at the ending.

Audio commentary of the poem is in the file BGM03.AFS "end.str", just replace the file from the Japanese version by file Pal Version of "end.str".

Someone would have a save game for the CD 3 compatible NullDC for Shenmue (Pal)?

I search several beta tester to test my 2 CD UNDUB directly on the Sega Dreamcast console, you have to burn CD-R 99 for the beta test.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Radar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:33 pm

kogami
Start file, and before starting Job https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/335 ... port01.bin
Last edited by Radar on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby kogami » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Radar wrote: kogami
Start file, and before getting Job https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/335 ... port01.bin

Thanks ;)
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby IlDucci » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 pm

I think I mentioned this on the forum.
http://shenmuesubs.sourceforge.net/howt ... IlDucci.7z
IlDucci

Postby sm1th » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Looks like the shen undub will be repacked to fix the cdda issue on CD3 soon. (Motorcycle Scene Music)
sm1th

Postby kogami » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 pm

I finished the CD 1 & 2 CD-R 99 minute and CD 1 & 2 CD-R 80 minute for Shenmue Undub.

For the version CD-R 80 minute, I had to downsample the audio FREE01.AFS and FREE02.AFS

FREE01.AFS 14000hz 32bit mono (original), downsample to 11025hz 8bit mono.
FREE02.AFS 14000hz 32bit mono (original), downsample to 8000hz 8bit mono.

At the moment there is a lot of game, I want to play all these games, Super Mario 3D World, Final Fantasy X, Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z Zelda 3DS.

Shenmue 3 disc will not happen immediately.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby sm1th » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:58 pm

kogami wrote: I finished the CD 1 & 2 CD-R 99 minute and CD 1 & 2 CD-R 80 minute for Shenmue Undub.

For the version CD-R 80 minute, I had to downsample the audio FREE01.AFS and FREE02.AFS

FREE01.AFS 14000hz 32bit mono (original), downsample to 11025hz 8bit mono.
FREE02.AFS 14000hz 32bit mono (original), downsample to 8000hz 8bit mono.

Looks like you don't need any help creating 80min disks of your undub version.
Congrats on your translation project!
:)
sm1th

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects