NullDC 1.0.4 r150 with Shenmue fixes by masterchan777

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: nullDC 1.0.4 r150 with two Shenmue fixes by masterchan77

Postby GT-Racer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:47 am

One more thing, do you all use Win 8/8.1? I am on Win 7 and it works fine.
GT-Racer
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Project CARS

Postby Shenmuehua » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:56 am

I am on Win 8/8.1 and it is fine.

I really can t understand why it doesn t work for you but I am no professional in this area.
Shenmuehua
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Shenmuehua
XBL: Shenmuehua
Steam: Shenmuehua
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby WhiteLikePaste » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:37 pm

I have Windows 7.
WhiteLikePaste

XBL: WhiteLikePaste
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby SrSaturno » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi, first off thanks a lot for this emu, I've been trying to find a good emulator to play this game for a long time now, I played this game back when I was a kid but I didn't get far because I didn't speak a word of english lol, so I've been looking to continue when I left off :mrgreen:

Anyway, I downloaded the emu and I can open it without problems, but when I open the game (cdi file that I got from Emuparadise) it says ''Selected image failed to load''. The game works cause I tried it with another emu and it worked fine.

Does anyone now how to fix this? I have the only Bios I was able to find which are dc_flash, dc_boot, dc_flash_wb, fsca-table and vmu default. I also downloaded the x64 and x86 thingies and installed them, so I don't know what I may be doing wrong. :sad:.
SrSaturno
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:46 pm

@SrSaturno

If your image from EP works on other emulator it don't necessary need to work on nullDC. Just try to download other image from other source, i'm sure it would work. I've recently completed the game on nullDC using image of Shenmue-DCRES. Give it a try.
Shenmue_Dojo

Postby daiconv » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:14 pm

can i ask what the difference is between SM and SM-A?
daiconv
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:13 am

So after hours of messing about, is it confirmed that NullDC wont work on Windows 8.1 64 bit? Becuase im outta options here.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:00 am

Peter wrote: So after hours of messing about, is it confirmed that NullDC wont work on Windows 8.1 64 bit? Becuase im outta options here.

it works for me.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:02 am

Yea just got it going. No idea how, but currently giving Shenmue 1 a spin now. Looks ok on my laptop, but about to HDMI it to my 50". Will see how it looks

Edit, all going ok, but when i started in my bedroom, the notebook isnt appearing. It flciks in for a second then disappears. Any tips?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:50 am

Peter wrote: Edit, all going ok, but when i started in my bedroom, the notebook isnt appearing. It flciks in for a second then disappears. Any tips?

That's a standard glitch in this release of NullDC, seems like nothing can be done about it. Works in Shenmue II but not I.

However, playing it on older NullDC/Reicast versions, this doesn't happen.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:53 am

Balls. I might just jump straight to S2 anyways. I only wanted to play that to do a full final test run of the completed notebook guide anyways.

I have been awake over 24 hours so I forced myself to get into bed. But the game looks so unreal! I can't wait to play it tomorrow.

Some issues which I don't know are common or not. But with Shenmue 2, there's a lot of flickering going on, like with the clouds etc, and Ryos face. A lot with him actually. Most of the time he is just 2 floating eye balls.

The other thing is I used the Dreamcast Maple configuration which works great with my 360 controller, but I don't have a memory card now to save the game.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby PILMAN » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Looks like Hang On works with this version but appears Space Harrier causes the emulator to freeze or go to a black screen :(.
PILMAN
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Chowchilla » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:04 am

Peter wrote: Balls. I might just jump straight to S2 anyways. I only wanted to play that to do a full final test run of the completed notebook guide anyways.

I have been awake over 24 hours so I forced myself to get into bed. But the game looks so unreal! I can't wait to play it tomorrow.

Some issues which I don't know are common or not. But with Shenmue 2, there's a lot of flickering going on, like with the clouds etc, and Ryos face. A lot with him actually. Most of the time he is just 2 floating eye balls.

The other thing is I used the Dreamcast Maple configuration which works great with my 360 controller, but I don't have a memory card now to save the game.

Have yuo tried using demul?
Chowchilla

Postby Beuj » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:25 am

Hi,

I made a tutorial to run Shenmue on Mac, thanks to you masterchan777, and legluondunet. You can access it by this topic : http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48521

Beuj
Beuj
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby masterchan777 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Peter wrote: Balls. I might just jump straight to S2 anyways. I only wanted to play that to do a full final test run of the completed notebook guide anyways.

You need to adjust your PowerVR options to get over those graphics glitches, try different settings that works best with your drivers/os/gpu. Make sure you have a virtual VMU added as a subdevice in Maple options. Let me know if you need further help.
masterchan777

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects