NullDC 1.0.4 r150 with Shenmue fixes by masterchan777

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: nullDC 1.0.4 r150 with two Shenmue fixes by masterchan77

Postby Omaru » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Ziming wrote: I'm posting this again:

Using Demul 0.582 WIP with the DX11 plugin @ x6 internal resolution and this particular version of SweetFX. It uses film grain and bloom besides some color/curves tweaking.
Config is here (just replace the content of your SweetFX_settings.txt file by mine)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=924

I have downloaded Demul 0/582 from http://demul.emulation64.com and downloaded the emulator but doesnt come with any bios to play Shenmue 1 & 2. Anywhere I can find them for this one?
Omaru
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Steam: 0maru875
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby El_Euko » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi and thanks for this nice nullDC version.
I found a strange way to fix the shaddow problem. If you diasble the "Auto hide Menu" option and open a menupoint,
you can play with normal shaddows and no errors as long as you dont close the menupoint.
This works on my Win7 x64 with 1.0.4 r150.
Maybe someone can use this info to fix the shaddowproblems.

EDIT:
OK, i have upgraded my PC to Win 10 and now this wouldn't work anymore.
No idea why.

Last edited by El_Euko on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

El_Euko has received a thanks from: Ceej
El_Euko
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby R3N » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 pm

My friend is having this error message I don't know why. Could it be because my friend using GDI version?

I use same version and same GDI and don't get this error.

This the version my friend is using.
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... ue-ii-pal/

This the patch but I have no idea how to implement it.

https://github.com/lbyfind/nulldc/issues/401

https://code.google.com/p/nulldc/issues/detail?id=401

There was this version that fixed that problem but link is dead.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46528
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby spoiledJellyBean » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:57 am

I just finished Shenmue 2 using this emulator without a single crash. Thank you!
spoiledJellyBean
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:57 am

Strangely, my nullDC is getting worse and worse despite keeping the same settings, drivers and OS. First, I heard an annoying short 8 bits sound at each aera loading (especially in Shenmue 2). Now in Shenmue I, Nulldc slows down each 5 minutes during 15 seconds as the frame rate, the sound and my CPU usage. It's not related to a specific place or part of the game as I did not progress at all in the story. Didn't try yet Shenmue II to know if this issue is general.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby JackMonty » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if this special version works on 32 Bit operating systems? I've tried to run it on Windows 7 and Windows XP (both 32 Bit) and I keep getting the error "nullDC_Win32_Release is not a valid Win32 application".

The standard 1.0.4 r150 works fine - I've downloaded this special version a few times in case the files got corrupted but it still doesn't work. I've followed all the other steps involved in the setup - I'd really like to use this version due to the fixes - can someone make any suggestions please?

Thanks
JackMonty
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 pm

JackMonty wrote: Hi there,

I was wondering if this special version works on 32 Bit operating systems? I've tried to run it on Windows 7 and Windows XP (both 32 Bit) and I keep getting the error "nullDC_Win32_Release is not a valid Win32 application".

The standard 1.0.4 r150 works fine - I've downloaded this special version a few times in case the files got corrupted but it still doesn't work. I've followed all the other steps involved in the setup - I'd really like to use this version due to the fixes - can someone make any suggestions please?

Thanks

Theres a couple of runtimes you need , works fine on both xp and 7
Try downloading:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby JackMonty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:31 am

At ReeceKun

Thanks for the tip! Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable as well as 2013 seems to have fixed it on the Windows 7 machine - still same error on my XP one...

Is there a difference between the SM Fixes and SM-A Fixes versions or is it just the different background? They both give the same error by the way but at least it works now on the Windows 7 machine!

Thanks
JackMonty
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: NullDC 1.0.4 r150 with two Shenmue fixes by masterchan77

Postby theelf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Hello

I just register to ask, what are the changes of this build over the official nullDC, and if the author have a diff files, or source to check

Thanks
theelf
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby indo1991 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:45 pm

My sound still sucks is this normal?
indo1991
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: gamefreak046
Currently playing: shenmue/gtav

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Seriously given up on trying to install this on Windows 8. its a complete waste of time. This is missing, that is missing. NullDC Win32 has stopped working.

Edit: sorted. Putting this link here, since this is what gives you all the missing .dll files. My one was missing 43 #-o

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... aspx?id=35

For NullDC settings, i am using:

- nullDC settings
Dynarec: ON
CP pass: ON
Underlock FPU: OFF

- Graphic plugin: NullVPR
Full Screen: ON (using same resolution of your screen, which reduces aliaising)
Asept ratio: Stretch
Paletted Textures: Versioned
Sort: Trianlge
Modifier Volumes: Off

- Image: Image Reader by drk Raziel

- Sound plugin: Null AICA
Buffer audio: 2048 (this needs to be typed in the configuration file nulldc.cfg istead of 1024 or whatever is there)
Sync Audio: ON
Mute cd: ON
Mute Sound: OFF

The only issue i can see is some slight transparency in Ryos hair, and the notebook can be a little choppy, but i think thats the trade off for the whole Ryos scary eyes only face?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 am

So I downloaded this version with the shenmue fixes because my previous nulldc couldn't read my save file.

Anyways I got a weird bug.

Im using an Xbox One controller, and it keeps Zooming in by itself it's as if Im playing First person...the only way to get out of this is to walk and if I concentrate on something, like a cabinet then Im stuck and I cant come out of it.

Any idea how to fix it? I just booted up my old nulldc and the game works perfectly there other than the loading save files.

Thanks.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:06 am

Give me an hour and I will look on the laptop because I can't remember the name of it, bit at the bottom of the controller window, there's a slider with a percentage? I can't remember the damn name, but isn't it related to the trigger inputs, where some people had the issue of Ryo constantly running all the time.

I think it's called "dead zone". Try moving thay around trial and error style. I use the Xbox One controller itself via cable and it always worked fine.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ImGladUmad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:23 pm

Peter wrote: Give me an hour and I will look on the laptop because I can't remember the name of it, bit at the bottom of the controller window, there's a slider with a percentage? I can't remember the damn name, but isn't it related to the trigger inputs, where some people had the issue of Ryo constantly running all the time.

I think it's called "dead zone". Try moving thay around trial and error style. I use the Xbox One controller itself via cable and it always worked fine.

I found a Fix.

What I did was put the controller type to Joystick X input in controller type instead of joystick sdl

I had to rebind the controller keys...and it no longer shows up as Xbox One Controller in the controller tab.

I tried doing it thru dead zone but it didnt work..It automatically presses the trigger regardless of percentage.

Im gonna play to see if I find any problems with it, but so far it seems ok. No more Zoom in problems at all.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:59 am

ImGladUmad wrote:
Peter wrote: Give me an hour and I will look on the laptop because I can't remember the name of it, bit at the bottom of the controller window, there's a slider with a percentage? I can't remember the damn name, but isn't it related to the trigger inputs, where some people had the issue of Ryo constantly running all the time.

I found a Fix.

What I did was put the controller type to Joystick X input in controller type instead of joystick sdl

I had to rebind the controller keys...and it no longer shows up as Xbox One Controller in the controller tab.

I tried doing it thru dead zone but it didnt work..It automatically presses the trigger regardless of percentage.

Im gonna play to see if I find any problems with it, but so far it seems ok. No more Zoom in problems at all.

Thanks for figuring this out!
Could you write up a small guide on how to resolve this so we can have it if others run into the same issue :)
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects