hazuki crest model or references?

(Modding and other series related projects)

hazuki crest model or references?

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:42 pm

i am looking to model and 3d print some 1:1 scale hazuki family crest hand guards but do not have reference photos just from the top from the game if someone can provide me some clear ones i would greatly appreciate it so i can start on this project :) thanks
Ryo_Hazuki--san
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: hazuki crest model or references?

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:21 pm

The original image texture

This was the first image on google image search
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby ReeceKun » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:16 pm

The object is called TUB0210G and can be Found within JHD0 /JHD0.pks , extract it with IPAC Browser, convert it with Heliwigs MT5Converter (or TUB02H1G.MT5 found in Models and convert with Yazgoo's YMT5 riper)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: i am looking to model and 3d print some 1:1 scale hazuki family crest hand guards but do not have reference photos just from the top from the game if someone can provide me some clear ones i would greatly appreciate it so i can start on this project :) thanks

Cool idea!

Just to give you a heads up, a cosplayer makes these. Out of clay I believe. Maybe she can help?

I have one of her crests.

https://www.facebook.com/LaraElizaCosplayer

phpBB [video]
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 pm

shengoro86 wrote:
Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote: i am looking to model and 3d print some 1:1 scale hazuki family crest hand guards but do not have reference photos just from the top from the game if someone can provide me some clear ones i would greatly appreciate it so i can start on this project :) thanks

Cool idea!

Just to give you a heads up, a cosplayer makes these. Out of clay I believe. Maybe she can help?

phpBB [video]

I SAW THAT SHE MAKES EM THATS AWESOME OUT OF CLAY, but they still have a lot of imperfections. I AM A 3D MODELER (bachelors in video game art) AND JUST PURCHASED A 3D PRINTER SO I CAN MAKE A SUPER CLEAN 1:1 COPY OF THE ONE FROM THE GAME I DO NOT WANT THE FILE and do a rip thats not what i do I JUST NEED REFERENCE PHOTOS SO I CAN MODEL THE GUARD THIS WEEKEND from scratch. I really want one for my shenmue collection and hey if there is a demand for this I know it will look stellar when its painted, I will list some up on the good ole interweb :) if anyone is interested let me know i will post pictures when i finish the model this weekend. right now i am working on some phoenix and dragon mirrors that i want to 3d print then i will get cracking on the guard. Thanks for the photos guys :)
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Ryo_Hazuki--san wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:

Cool idea!

phpBB [video]

I SAW THAT SHE MAKES EM THATS AWESOME OUT OF CLAY, but they still have a lot of imperfections. I AM A 3D MODELER (bachelors in video game art) AND JUST PURCHASED A 3D PRINTER SO I CAN MAKE A SUPER CLEAN 1:1 COPY OF THE ONE FROM THE GAME I DO NOT WANT THE FILE and do a rip thats not what i do I JUST NEED REFERENCE PHOTOS SO I CAN MODEL THE GUARD THIS WEEKEND from scratch. I really want one for my shenmue collection and hey if there is a demand for this I know it will look stellar when its painted, I will list some up on the good ole interweb :) if anyone is interested let me know i will post pictures when i finish the model this weekend. right now i am working on some phoenix and dragon mirrors that i want to 3d print then i will get cracking on the guard. Thanks for the photos guys :)

Woah man no need for the caps lock, I was only trying to help. Good luck on your project.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Woah man no need for the caps lock, I was only trying to help. Good luck on your project.

lol soooooooo sorry for the caps i used my iphone and did the text to speach and for some odd reason it thought i was yelling -_- gotta love technology right! but yea man i really love your review and input. i actually started the project and its litterally a 1:1 scale i wonder how big the actual one was in the game compared to ryo's hand"? i want it as accurate as possible when i 3d print them. here is where i am at so far

the only adjustment i made from a modelers point of view was the place where the sword goes through was a bit tiny for a blade so i made it a bit more wide it looks better on the actual model as well.

as you can see its going to look sweet! it took about a hour to model this i will just be cleaning it up a bit and when i have them 3d printed the proper size and painted i will be uploading a youtube video from creation to print to paint of this journey hope people can appreciate the work i put into these. i will make a new post when they are all finished :) thanks again.
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby Ryo_Hazuki--san » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:36 pm

here are some test renders to check out the overall geometry

here is roughly the size it will print out in 3d space :) if someone can get specs of how big it was i would greatly appreciate it!

what do you guys think :) I am very hapy with how this is turning out can not wait to print them and see how it looks and feels int he hand! i will be printing super fine quality with a .2 layer height ( epic detail) and then hand painting it and clear coat. the youtube video once I am done with the first one will be up. hope you guys all enjoy what I am creating.

Ryo_Hazuki--san has received 3 thanks from: DreamcastPast, Fenix, Upper Dave
Ryo_Hazuki--san

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 pm

No problem! It looks really cool! Can't wait to see it :)
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Return to Community Projects