Shenmue. A love letter (Remix album)

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue. A love letter (Remix album)

Postby Chakan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 pm

I sent Sega of America and SoE, Ys Net, Itunes, Amazon, and a few other interested parties my article. Hopefully it gets taken down soon and people get auto-refunded.

Chakan has received a thanks from: James Brown
Chakan
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Glad to see that this has been looked into. Screw the guy who is stealing music.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: James Brown
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby FlagshipFighter » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm

I was just about to buy some music via Amazon (after the classic.fm showing) where I stumbled upon "shenmue - a love letter" and was about to buy it until I wondered if their were any dojo posts about it (whether it was worth buying the entire album or not) only to find out that this is the act of plagiarism. Holy Smokes! Thank goodness I didn't end up buying any of the tracks in the end!

This is bad. His work is still up on there on the first page. I bet I wasn't the only one looking for shenmue music after today's radio stream... It needs to be taken down!
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby germanseabass » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Hey all, found this thread while trying to find more information about creativesides/Patrem on behalf of some KH remixers who had their covers ripped.

All I have found so far is that they are collecting remixes, compiling them into albums, and selling them through TuneCore. Any additional info welcome.

If you're the creator of a cover/remix and want it taken down, I will help you file a DMCA complaint, as you retain rights to your recording. I'm not a lawyer, but I have extensive knowledge in licensing music (and helping arrangers and remixers protect their rights.)

Similarly, if you want to sell the covers that *you* created, I can help you license and distribute them, legally.

germanseabass has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, James Brown
germanseabass
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Previous

Return to Community Projects