"My money!"

(Chapters 3-6)

"My money!"

Postby Eneath » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:14 am

In the beginning of Shenmue II, did anyone else spend 499 yen out of 500 on buying up figurines before leaving the starting area?
My 1st time playing I didn't do so and ended up losing all of the 500 you start with but every following playthrough I spend every bit that I can on those figurines, then sell them off for my money back at a later point.

It was kind of amusing watching Ryo freak out over a measely 1 yen having been stolen and used for gambling.

Does anyone else here take the time to do that?
Eneath
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Eneath
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Call of Duty: WWII

Re: "My money!"

Postby south carmain » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:51 am

I do it pretty much every time I play through shenmue II. Even if it takes a while, it saves more time when having to gather the 500$ for Ren. And yeah it's always funny to see Ryo get incredibly angry over the loss of what is the equivalent to 10 cents

south carmain has received a thanks from: Eneath
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Eneath » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 am

Now with the data being able to cross over from Shenmue to Shenmue II, I'm going to be spending like 48 hours in the beginning area of Shenmue II trying to save all the money I can with those figurines. And watch as I still miss like one figurine out of each machine. ^e^'
Eneath

Postby OL » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:34 am

Eneath wrote: In the beginning of Shenmue II, did anyone else spend 499 yen out of 500 on buying up figurines before leaving the starting area?

It's not yen, is it? Been a while since I played, but I'm pretty sure he'd converted his money to HK dollars at the beginning of the game.

Also when I read the title for this topic, my first thought was actually Echigoya dying in the first Tenchu.

phpBB [video]

Yeah, I'm old.

OL has received a thanks from: south carmain
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Eneath » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:48 am

OL wrote:
Eneath wrote: In the beginning of Shenmue II, did anyone else spend 499 yen out of 500 on buying up figurines before leaving the starting area?

It's not yen, is it? Been a while since I played, but I'm pretty sure he'd converted his money to HK dollars at the beginning of the game.

Also when I read the title for this topic, my first thought was actually Echigoya dying in the first Tenchu.

phpBB [video]

Yeah, I'm old.

No you're completely right. It's not yen, it's just been around 15 years since I've played Shenmue II (as it didn't belong to me, neither did the Xbox & the Shenmue games are extremely rare) so I don't remember what the currency was/is called in China.
Just by the cutscene, I'm interested in that game in your post.
Eneath

Postby south carmain » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:36 am

OL wrote:

phpBB [video]

Yeah, I'm old.

Oh man, I completely forgot how the voice acting sounded in tenchu :lol:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Radar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 am

or
phpBB [video]

Radar has received a thanks from: OL
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Centrale » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:56 pm

I seem to recall focusing on buying one or two particular kinds of lighters, believing them to have more re-sale value than the rest. But I don't really remember which ones they are or where I heard that they were more valuable than most of the other stuff in that area.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Radar wrote: or
phpBB [video]

Ah what's this!? New footage of Red Dead Redemption 2!?
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Radar » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:18 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:
Ah what's this!? New footage of Red Dead Redemption 2!?

Almost. Sunset Riders
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Cyberman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:29 am

south carmain wrote: I do it pretty much every time I play through shenmue II. Even if it takes a while, it saves more time when having to gather the 500$ for Ren. And yeah it's always funny to see Ryo get incredibly angry over the loss of what is the equivalent to 10 cents

Lol. I remember spending all of money before losing my bag.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Return to Shenmue II