Kowloon Buildings Raid

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby TAILS » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:18 pm

sorry :oops: i forgot, i promise ill start saturday :)
TAILS
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Varg » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:37 pm

Well geez..if you guys are too lazy or busy to do it, I've got plenty of time on my hands..
Varg
Asia Travel Representative

Postby B-Man » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:42 pm

Varg wrote:Well geez..if you guys are too lazy or busy to do it, I've got plenty of time on my hands..

I wouldn't mind if you did the rest of the Dancing Dragon Bldg for me (everything above the third floor).
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tim Surway » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:19 pm

wow guys your putting lots of effort in on this project, im really impressed there are still dedicated members wanting to learn more about shenmue
Tim Surway
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Varg » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:53 pm

Dancing Dragon Bldg.

401: Locked
402: Very dark. Mostly wood tones everywhere.
403: Small sliver fridge, slightly rectangular TV
404: A toolbox

*NOTE: I found out that if you're trying to see stuff in the room, but it's too dark, putting on the "old photograph" filter really helps.

405: Gasoline tank, bunch of shelves
406: Locked
407: Locked
408: A small vase with some pink/orange flowers in it, a big red fridge
409: A table with striped chairs, and a duffle bag (I think)

501: A cot, tissue box
502: A cool long wall mural, a gun in a box
577: Wtf? Well, there's a big hole in the ground in front of the door, which keeps me front getting in. It also keeps me from going further down the hallway. Time to try the elevator...nope. No elevator goes to the 5th floor, so I guess the rest is inaccessible.

6th floor: A LOT of Mahjong parlors. Too bad you can't play.

701: Dark. Tissue box, umbrella holder.
702: Leather jacket on the wall, a grill, a sink, bunk beds, and some kind of electronic device on a table. Looks like a video game system. It's white/gray.
703: Grill, firewood, big vase
704: Small potted plant, a normal clock on the wall.
705: Really big purse
706: Weird little old man lives here. He's on the phone, apparently.
707: Locked
708: What an odd looking...figurine. Also, one of those cool asian clocks.
709: Gun box

801: A stove and like five gas tanks
802: A chair here, a couch there.
803: A red fridge and..OH MY GOD! CHAIRS MADE OUT OF HUMAN BONES!
Nah, not really.
804: You know those weird dolls that are shaped like a bowling pin, and you open it, and there are smaller ones inside. Yep, there's one of those. Also, a big suitcase.
805: Another suitcase, and tissues.
806: Locked
807: Locked
808: Potted tree
809: Weird figurine

901: Suitcases, an ashtray, and pots.
902: Another small vase with flowers
903: A sink, weird chair placement
904: 5 cool chairs
905: Wraparound couch, propane tank
906: Locked
907: Locked
908: Farmer hat..there's a weird ball/stone thing in the corner. Can't figure out what it is.
909: Big table with 8 stools around it, flower vase again

1001: Suitcase, red fridge
1002: Gas tank, umbrellas
1003: A dress hanging up, a small red fridge
1004: Big vase
1005: Bunk beds, ashtray
1006: Locked
1007: Locked
1008: A tiny dog/sheep/panda figurine. Finally, something sort of new.
1009: White table with blue stools, suitcase, a cup with paintbrushes in it (I think)..also there is a cool picture on the wall. It looks like the Yan Tin Apartment building. Check it out.
Varg

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:25 pm

Thanks Varg! I'm glad you're here to help. If you want to do anymore, feel free. I'm in the middle of a ton of games now, but I'll try to do more once I get more time, I kept a handy save in Kowloon. I'll have to check out some of the interesting stuff.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby B-Man » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Yeah, thanks for taking care of that, Varg.
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Varg » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:32 pm

Dimsum Bldg.

On the bottom floor there are a few restaurants/shops. There is "Slothouse K", but the "O" looks a lot like a "U".

201: Potted tree, and a rectangular clock
202: Big red fridge, a toolbox on the table, some branches in the corner

301: A ceiling fan, a pretty cool looking range/stove that I've never seen before, three small lined up boxes on a table..looks like it could be a model train or something. Chinese clock, wall scroll, and a big blue pot. Nice room!
302: There is an old table with what looks almost like an elevated checkerboard on it. It's some type of grid. A pink gas tank
*NOTE: Also on this floor is a Roll it on Top game. Min bet is $10 and max is $100.

(I'll do 402 first, as 401 is blocked by a hole in the floor. I'll have to go into another building to see 401)
402: Ceiling fan, sticks in a jar, and a propane tank.
401: The most notable thing here is what looks to be a very large stove. It looks like a big stone pedastal, and has two pot-like objects on top.

(There is another hole here..)
502: Lightbulb, another weird stone stove thing, leather jacket
I'm fairly certain that room 501 is inaccessible. There is a hole blocking you from getting to it in the Dimsum Bldg, and there's also one blocking you in the Dancing Dragon Bldg.

6th floor: More Dimsum places, and some junk stands.

701: There's a small blue box..maybe a book? not sure. Red fridge, chinese clock, wallscroll.
702: Leather chairs, farmer's hat, suitcase
*NOTE: Another Roll it on Top game here. The min is $100 and the max is $500! Nice!

801: Sticks in the corner
802: Bonzai tree, basket, and weird chairs

901: Three gas tanks (red)
902: Red desk, ceiling fan, small black purse

1001: Yan tin painting, ceiling fan
1002: Tissue box, propane tank, small fridge, red desk
Varg

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:52 pm

Thanks again!!! I would have done that if I knew it was so small...

I think there's only one or two left. Once things clear up for me, I'll go back and do them, unless someone else wants to. I think I'll do that God of Wealth Bldg. Phong probably lost his info, but I'm intereted in going there anyway, I don't think I've ever been there.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Varg » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:38 pm

I'm in the process of doing the Three Bird Building. It's pretty big, but I'll probably have it posted by the end of the night.
Varg

Postby nach0king » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:18 pm

LanDi Sama - Which ones are left, other than the one you're doing? My new Disc 3 arrived today so I can play Kowloon. Lemme know which building to do, as I'm dying to help out :)
nach0king
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: nach0king

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:51 pm

Thanks Nacho

The Dimsum Bldg is available, and The Black Heaven and 3 Birds might be- You'll have to contact Shenmue dude (black heaven) and Varg (birds) about that, they may be in the middle, or not started at all and willing to give it up.

And I'll get around to doing the God of Wealth Bldg this weekend. Phong probably lost his paper, so I'll do it, like I mentioned, I want to check this one out anyway.

So Dimsum Bldg for sure, and the Black Heave Bldg is probably open. Varg probably is in the middle of done with 3 birds, and just hasnt had the chance to post yet.

Thanks again
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby nach0king » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:11 am

Aye, getting my Dimsum on soon then :)
nach0king
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby nach0king » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:33 pm

DIMSUM BUILDING
---------------

The hallway is the large one leading FROM the Dancing Dragon building. Then, the apartments go towards the Tea Break building.

1F
--

A large, hallway containing SOMETHING.

101 Kowloon Dimsum - Tea Shop. Numerous tables, posters on the walls, and a back room that you can't enter. The back room contains some men sitting around a table drinking tea, while a boisterous man in a suit rants and raves. The man behind the counter in the main tea-room offers directions. Wandering customers come and go - they sit at the counter and convulse.

102 Slot House K - Slot Machines. Featuring two 20 Bet machines, four Ten Bet, four 5 Bet and six 1 Bet. Also contains a jukebox with some funky choonz.

Stairs leading to the 2nd floor.

2F
--

A large, empty hallway.

A-2 201 Apartment - Clockwise from back left: a cardboard box; a cupboard; a small, analogue clock (working!) on the wall; a minimalist Chinese painting on the wall featuring what appears to be cherry blossom and black swallows; some bottles; a very small wooden table with a dead-looking bonsai in a pot atop it; more bottles; a cardboard box; a red chest of drawers; windows; a vase and a small white bottle on the ground; smaller, brown chest of drawers; a TV set on legs; a tiny couch facing a white, square, one-legged table; another couch facing the table; a bottle; a tall plant; another bottle; a cardboard box; what looks like a little green trash can or perhaps gasoline container.

A-2 202 Apartment - Just another apartment. Counter-clockwise from the left corner at the door entrance to the room: a cardboard box that once contained wine glasses, with chinese script; a rather dirty oven; a television on the floor; another cardboard box of the same design; the same painting as 201; another identical cardboard box; a cupboard with drawers, much like the one the Hazuki Buddhist Shrine is in; windows; a few bottles and a decorative potlying on the ground; a wooden table with four low-backed chairs; a red fridge-freezer; a round wooden table with a shiny, grey toolbox on top; what appears to be a broken metal bedframe.

Stairs up to 3F and down to 1F.

3F
--

A large hallway, with a Dragon, Flower, Something and Something stand. Min bet 10, max bet 100. Three punters are present at 10am (they start early in Hong Kong, I guess) and a Moe Syzlak-esque character in a Hawaiian shirt mans the operation.

A-2 301 Apartment. Working ceiling fan! Green gasoline can; large cabinet/drawers; clean, yet entirely gutted oven with no inner mechanisms or heating device; cabinet; bottles; glasses box; tiny wooden table with three miniature railway carriages inexplicably placed on it; bottles beside a red fridge-freezer; ancient looking bottle; small Chinese wall scroll; working pendulum based wall clock; bottles; desk and small red chair; huge metal trash can.

A-2 302 Apartment, again. Filthy oven; small green fridge-freezer, glasses box; working clock; wooden table with strange red object atop (it looks like it has a grid etched into the top; it stands on really stumpy legs. Possibly a board game with the pieces inside it); chest of drawers; bottles and small potted plant on the ground; windows; a huge Chinese vase; more drawers; a red, plastic gasoline container; a TV atop a small cabinet like where Ryo kept his Saturn; a larger cabinet; a small box.

Stairs up to 4F and down to 2F.

4F
--

N.B. A huge, impassable gap in the floor separates room 401 from 402. You must take the long way in, via the Dancing Dragon building to get to the 401 side; coming in from the 1F and up the stairs nearer the Tea Break side takes you to 402.

Hallway lies empty.

A-2 401 - Apartment. Cardboard box; yellow crate for beer bottles (*mmm*); white vase; mysterious poster with 4 chinese characters and red marking; bottle; another beer crate (*hic*); table with a box of tissues on it; bottle, vase, beer crate (*vomit*); drawers; two leather couches astride a rather pristine white table with red wooden finish; bottles; strange, floor-mounted circular oven with two pots atop it and markings on the side; a small, white fridge; cabinet; trash bag.

A huge, impassable gap in the floor. Sorry, no jumping allowed. For such a badass, steely-eyed, determined martial arts extraordinaire, Ryo certainly gives up easily when it comes to exploring.

A-2 402 - Apartment, with working ceiling fan. Large green gas (not gasoline) canister; small potted plant; sticks in a small vase atop a wooden table; plant; bottle; television; bottle; 3-man couch in a corner; 2-man couch immediatley in front of this, facing a white Formica table; opposing couch; cabinet and drawers; working analogue clock; cabinet; white gasoline plastic container; empty basket that might one day contain a plant.

Stairs up to 5F and down to 3F.

5F
--

N.B. A huge, impassable gap in the floor separates room 501 from 502. Coming in from the 1F and up the stairs nearer the Tea Break side takes you to 502. ANOTHER broken floor in the Dancing Dragon building means that one cannot actually enter room 501, nor explore the hallway. Even the elevator in the middle of the building offers no succor: it is express from 1 to 10.

Hallway - Remains a mystery!

A-2 501 - I bet it has strippers. Sadly, we'll never know.

A huge, impassable gap in the floor. Well, I did warn you.

A-2 502

Stairs up to 6F and down to 4F.

6F
--

(When coming up from floor 5, it must load floor 6 from CD.)

Hallway. Market stalls and parasols lie around, with the inevitable wooden crates and low-quality garments putting in a support act. People come and go. A small goods rickshaw lies off to the side (now where the hell are you going to cycle with goods in this place? To the end of the 6th floor and back? I think I'd just carry them...)

A-2 601 - Spring and Autumn Dimsum. Similar counter to the tea shop on the first floor, only much longer. A very popular shop, many patrons sit on its low stools and enjoy tea, meat and dumplings. A small, pretty woman guards the small, back room with the men sitting around a round table drinking.

A surly proprietor lies in wait. Talk to him, and you are immediatley pigeonholed as "another guy who thought he was in the Tea Break Building" and invited to use the exit. I wonder which charm school the proprietors of this place attended?

A-2 602 - Min Min Dimsum. Similar counter to the tea shop on the first floor, only much longer. A very popular shop, many patrons sit on its low stools and enjoy tea, meat and dumplings. The inevitable small back room containing the real hardcore customers (a small boy in a ridiculous green hat, an innocuous looking woman, a man in a white, blue and orange striped shirt, presumably her husband, and a little girl who appears to be overdosing on tea) lies in wait. Strange element: A small, bald man in a traditional green and gold shirt mans the counter. When talked to, he is even more surly than the last! The following response is elicited (not verbatim.)

"Hi."
"Hi. I've never seen you here before. You're probably looking for the Tea Break building, right?"
"No, I..."
"Don't talk. Just leave."
"OK."

When you try to talk to him again:

"Excuse me..."
"Please, get out."
"... OK."

How very odd.

Stairs down to 5F and up to 7F. Every so often someone appears then walks away.

7F
--

(When coming in from Floor 6, the CD loads this floor.)

Hallway with another Flower, Dragon, Bird, Scissors (or whatever) stand. Min 100 Max 500. Four customers stand around while another cauliflower-eared customer in an open-chested Hawaiian shirt smokes a perpetual cigarette behind the table.

A-1 701 Apartment. Bucket; tasteful wallscroll and pendulum clock ensemble; chest of drawers; small wooden table with a box on top. This box deserves its own paragraph.

I have no god damn clue what the box is supposed to be. A cartoon airplane has something sticking out of the top. What is it? A TV? A smiley face? I haven't a clue. My best guess is it's a model airplane for kids, or a device that allows you to watch TV mid-flight (just in case the in-flight movie stars Jude Law or something and you need some real entertainment, fast.) Moving on...

Cardbord box; leather armchair; vase, bottles, big vase; big red fridge-freezer; TV on legs; bottles (RECYCLE, HONG KONGERS, RECYCLE); kitchen sink and two oven hobs with timber finish; glass boxes.

No gap in the floor here.

A-2 702 Apartment. Being back in Apartment territory is so boring! Crate-esque cabinet; wooden table with a straw hat atop (OK, I take it back, this is exciting); small chest of drawers; Television with cabinet; umbrella holder with two umbrellas (how romantic); what's either a tiny fridge or a small safe; windows; bottle; two leather chairs on wheels next to a small white table (the chairs look like they're stolen from an executive office); vase and bottles; a suitcase stood on end (presumably for the resident's plans to go on the lam following the theft of two office chairs); chest of drawers.

Stairs leading down to 6F and up to 8F.

8F
--

Hallway. Empty. Dead as a doornail.

A-2 801 - Apartment. Bent metal pole (it looks like a missing part of the broken bedframe in room 202 - I smell domestic discord! "Fine, you can keep the grey toolbox, but I'm taking part of the bedframe!" "FINE! BUT YOU'RE NOT TOUCHING OUR FILTHY OVEN!"); bottles; cabinet with tiny drawers; sink; two couches facing each other over white formica table; windows; two different couches and another table; bottles; another part of the bedframe ("You mail the rest of the bedframe to me!" "No way, you took both the tables!"); a mysterious poster containing four Chinese characters and a red squiggle.

A-2 802 - Apartment. White gasoline container; pendulum clock; table with jar and sticks; wall scroll; potted plant; television; small leather couch; 8 chairs arranged around a white Formica table for Poker night or Christmas dinner; green fridge freezer; stool and desk with drawers (unopenable, otherwise I'd check for Dreamcast manuals or photos of my friends); empty basket.

Stairs leading to Port Said and Narnia. Just kidding - down to 7F and up to 9F.

9F
--

Traditional empty hallway.

A-2 901 - Apartment. Green fridge-freezer; red gasoline canister; cabinet; beer bottle crates (sans bottles); red gasoline canister; cabinet with little drawers; bottles, big vase, bottle, small vase; desk and small red stool; tiny TV with cabinet; gasoline canister; cardboard box; painting; round, working analog clock; tiny table with a box of tissues atop; bottle; bag of trash.

A-2 902 - Gateway to Hell! No, wait, sorry, that was wishful thinking. Actually it's another ceiling-fanned apartment. Bag of trash, red AND white gasoline cans; a very interesting framed photograph of what MIGHT be the apartments in South Carmain quarter during happier times; armoire; working pendulum clock; little nest of drawers and pull-out stuff; bottles; TV; stools and round, white table; wooden table with a lady's small handbag/purse; cool looking vase and bottle; funky red desk and tiny chair; white gasoline canisters.

Stairs up to 10F and down to 8F.

10F
---

Empty hallway. How poignant. And predictable.

A-2 1001 - Apartment with ceiling fan. Tallbois cabinet; white gasoline canisters; larger version of the photo of the small Apartment blocks (could these be people in a new home, after being moved out of what is now a vacant lot in the South Carmain quarter? On reflection, probably not.); white, white and red gas canisters; small TV on legs; yellow fridge; windows; bottles; small wooden table with a handbag on top; cabinet; pendulum clock; cabinet; filthy tiled stove; hand-basin/sink.

A-2 1002 - Apartment. Gas (not gasoline) can; empty yellow beer bottle crate; cabintet; a rather fetching wallscroll with chinese script, what looks like some wilting bamboo and panda in situ; drawers; cabinet; window; bottles; table with box of tissues; bottles; wooden table with two chairs in spartan condition; desk and chair; small, white fridge; wall clock.

Stairs up to... No, wait, 10F is the final floor. That's it! Stairs leading down to the 9th floor lie in wait for the hardy traveller.

11F
---

THERE ISN'T ONE!
nach0king
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Varg » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:46 am

I already did Dimsum...
Varg